We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

[THREAD CLOSED - SEE PART 2] Anything & Everything New York

Options

Comments

• M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i heart NY stuff is everywhere yeah.. there are plenty of shops around times square where you can get 10 t-shirts for like $10... is it really worth trying to find official stuff and paying over the odds..

if you want official stuff, try things like bloomies, or maybe even the nbc shop etc etc

as for the webcam sorry.. can't find one there.. if you can, try arrange a time to meet on the webcams in times square, there are a number, and they will give you a great shot and she'll be able to wave at you!!!!

M
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    Just over 2 weeks and ill be there, eek!
    My cousin lives in Brooklyn and has offered to take me to some fab vintage shops and flee markets so will report back.
  • curly_B
    curly_B Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Thank a lot marky moo for looking :) They are in a big queue for the Empire state Building atm, before they go ice skating....these web cams are so good for seeing whats going on, Im as excited as they are lol...I'm sure I'd love to be there though !!
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • curly_B
    curly_B Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    p.s. is there a better webcam in times square to tell her to go? Ie outside anywhere in particular? Thank you sooooo much!
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    webcams in times square

TGI Fridays - http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/index.php?cam=fridays

that is probably the best one for getting wave... probably have to be on the phone at the same time, but it is doable..

M
  • LeedsBurlesque
    Options
    Wellington hotel on lastminute.com going for £560 for 7 nights in Jan!! Just booked it and got some rather nice cashback on Quidco.
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Marky (and other NY experts)...I know you've done the delta airlines thing before so I thought you might know the answer to this...I bought my ticket on exepdia and its via Airfrance (hence it has an 057 e ticket number) - I'm trying to check in online since I fly tomorrow - and it wont work on either Air France or Delta's website - any ideas?? I dont mind doing it tomorrow at the desk but I just wondered if I'm doing something wrong...:(
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    delta don't accept online check in for TATL flights, their online check in only works for internal US flights!!!

M
  • becky_rtw
    becky_rtw Posts: 8,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks Marky! That would explain it then :D

So do I go the Delta airlines or airfrance check tomorrow then (bearing in mind it will be early and I'll be hungover :D)??
  • M4RKM
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    you'll go to the delta airlines desks. When you enter the airport, you'll look for your flight number, which will scroll/alternate between the actual delta flight number, and then go to the desks, which will be delta desks..

have fun... :). or should i say.. have fun :(.... lol...

M
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family