We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

"Treats" we can't enjoy anymore

1…45679

Comments

  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    student100 wrote:
    :o
    oh dear. I'm not so sure us young'uns do fit into oldstyle lifestyle that well after all... wednesday afternoon/evening, as a treat* enjoyed rather too much :beer: and Domino's pizza, woke up thursday feeling a bit bloated. Had a big bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes and I felt fine again :D
    * we were celebrating the completion of a massive project we've been working on all year :)
    Well at least the beer was all natural and additive free ;)

    :rotfl: :rotfl: You silly billy!!! Of *course* you fit in with the oldstyle lifestyle .... you think we don't know how to have a knee's up!!???? :cool: Or the odd splurge of celebration?? :cool: Bless ya! ;)
    We had a big fat kebaby last night as a celebration for our family too (and a bottle of wine!) - ok, so tonight we're having corned beef hash :confused: but it's allllll about balance! (Bet you don't eat/drink like that *all* the time)

    :T Congrats on completing your project! Sounds to me like you deserved to treat :T
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Ticklemouse
    Ticklemouse Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    No beachbeth, you're not the only female who doesn't like clothes shops - I buy when I need to and I DETEST having to faff around and try stuff on.

    I also love food/household shopping. I think that's why I prefer to shop on my own. I can browse boring things like shampoos/soaps or electrical goods for much longer than the average woman. (ps what IS an average woman?)
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Beachbeth

    I hate clothes shopping too, nothing ever fits properly (even before I got pregnant) and I hate that I can never get what I have in mind but have to bow to the preassure of the fashions & styles being promoted. This is one of the reasons why I prefer clothes shopping in charity shops when I have to buy clothes, things tend to be "pre-stretched" to fit normal figures & you can find diffrent styles, although cheap supermarkets & the like are often much chaper now for basics.
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

    In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • loopy_lass
    loopy_lass Posts: 1,551 Forumite
    hate food shopping, hate clothes shopping.... do the necessary and thats all....

    strange eh?

    loops
    THE CHAINS OF HABIT ARE TOO WEAK TO BE FELT UNTIL THEY ARE TOO STRONG TO BE BROKEN... :A
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    The first on topic post after this one wins a prize.... :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • spendaholic
    spendaholic Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper
    Well, that's one way to empty a room. I bet everyone's minds have gone blank now.

    :D
    spendy/she/her ***DEBT-FREE DATE: 11 NOVEMBER 2022!*** Highest debt: £35k (2006) MY WINS: £3,541 CASH; £149 Specsavers voucher; free eye test; goody bag from Scottish Book Trust; tickets to Grand Designs Live; 2-year access to Feel Amazing App (worth £100); Home Improvement & Renovation Show tickets; £50 to spend on chocolate; Harlem Globetrotters tickets; Jesus Christ Superstar tickets + 2 t-shirts; Guardians of the Galaxy goody bag; Birmingham City v Barnsley FC tickets; Marillion tickets; Dancing on Ice tickets; Barnsley FC v Millwall tickets
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    The main treat I can't have any more is lemonade, including sprite and 7-up because it either gives me a rash or a stinking headache for two days. This means there are certain other drinks I can't have any more which I love, including shandy or advocaat with lemonade. I always used to have lemonade with vodka too but have to have fizzy orange now instead. Its not fair! I love lemonade!!!
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Here ya go beachbeth - but you'll have to be quick :)

    icecream.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    squeaky wrote:
    Here ya go beachbeth - but you'll have to be quick :)

    icecream.gif

    Thanks Squeaky! (Feeling rather smug now!):D
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    We bought 2 pizzas and a gateau,last weekend as I found a spare fiver in my coat pocket.The gateau was very nice but my daughter has just learnt how to make a lovely chocolate cake and it didnt compare with her cake at all.The pizzas were meant to be deep pan but were actually quite thin and the topping was sparse.It takes me about an hour from scratch to do bread dough base and pile on a good thick topping.We were quite dissapointed.Next time I find a fiver ,I'll just fill up the fruit bowl (we always manage to get through plenty of that).
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.