We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

"Treats" we can't enjoy anymore

1…4567810»

Comments

  • Loadsabob
    Loadsabob Posts: 662 Forumite
    Fresh cream eclairs from Tesco. I rarely bought them anyway, but would happily eat them if presented with them.

    However, having become really averse to anything factory-made anyway, I read the ingredients the last time I picked them up. Well, there were about half a dozen ingredients just in the cream!!!! Various types of milk and milk solids and milk powder etc... All I want in my cream is fresh dairy cream!!!

    So, I went home to my Mary Berry book, and sure enough, recipe in there looks easy enough...I haven't made any yet, but have bought a piping bag in readiness, and will be making my first batch soon! AND I'll have the plus of knowing that I can make the choccy topping with Green and Blacks!

    Has to be better!
  • Curry_Queen
    Curry_Queen Posts: 5,589 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I know it's a bit late in the day now for you, but if you haven't got a piping bag you can use a plastic storage/freezer bag and snip off the corner, or make a cone shape from greaseproof paper ;)
    "An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"
    ~
    It is that what you do, good or bad,
    will come back to you three times as strong!

This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.