Elderly keying my new car

Comments

• Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    IS it possible you can park somewhere else for a while? Probably better than having your car keyed.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,685 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It sounds like the car is getting keyed wherever it is; it's because the driver is foreign, not because it's in front of her house.
  • rover005
    rover005 Posts: 49 Forumite
    Hi, thats at least what the police considers to be the motive -
    An update from today :
    Her son picked her up and then dropped her off - he was apparently attending the final interview too. 101 record that she has been once again bailed out until next Friday (11th November 2015, for the readers from the future) and the case has been refered to CPS.

The investigating officer is till due to call us and update us on whats happening and what exactly goes to CPS but I thing it is a positive thing in relation to the case development.
  • PCMcGarry
    PCMcGarry Posts: 218 Forumite
    rover005 wrote: »
    Hi, thats at least what the police considers to be the motive -
    An update from today :
    Her son picked her up and then dropped her off - he was apparently attending the final interview too. 101 record that she has been once again bailed out until next Friday (11th November 2015, for the readers from the future) and the case has been refered to CPS.

The investigating officer is till due to call us and update us on whats happening and what exactly goes to CPS but I thing it is a positive thing in relation to the case development.

Good to see they've accepted the damage is In excess of £5000.
  • rover005 wrote: »
    ..Her son picked her up and then dropped her off - he was apparently attending the final interview too. 101 record that she has been once again bailed out until next Friday (11th November 2015, for the readers from the future) and the case has been refered to CPS....

I think you mean 11th December. :D

Good luck with all this, it must be horrible situation to be in. :beer:
  • Thaks guys, I got a call from the investigating PC.

He said the case is referred to CPS but also confirmed that the thorough mental health assessment returned and without disclosing her condition, he said that the neighbour has no control over her actions.
    This said, we have the full support to push for her relocation however no costs for the damages will be considered.
    Further to this, I rang the insurance company and they said it would cost me £750 in excess and 2 ncd but they can fix the damages. Unfortunatelly, these are non-returnable as the insurance company will not be able to recover costs due to my neighbours mental health.

I guess I am joining the not small community of keyed drivers without justice.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Nothing stopping you from starting a private claim against her for the loss of NCD and the £750 excess.

Some folk are really expert at faking mental health issues to the point where they can even fool an expert. Anyway, in your shoes i would tell the insurers that you want a break-down of how much you will lose in total taking into consideration that you will be paying extra money until your NCD increases by 2 years.

Then, I would let them know that as they do not have the bottle to claim from her, I certainly intend to.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• CPS decision is back - no further action due to her mental health.

It was a good run but nothing else to do on the case.

Thanks for everyone who helped provide comfort and advice.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Time to send her a bill for the damage methinks. Oh, and you do know you can take a personal prosecution against her for criminal damage don't you?.

It is the same with every type of criminal case. If the CPS won't prosecute, the affected individual can.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

• patman99 wrote: »
    Time to send her a bill for the damage methinks. Oh, and you do know you can take a personal prosecution against her for criminal damage don't you?.

It is the same with every type of criminal case. If the CPS won't prosecute, the affected individual can.

Do you mean a private prosecution?

The CPS have obviously decided it's not in the public interest due to her mental health. So you advise that the OP now instructs a solicitor and pays for her to be prosecuted. Do you realise that if he does so the defendant can have the matter referred back to the CPS who will probably stop the prosecution for the same reason they decided not to prosecute in the first place?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure