NST: September: the Turtles go Wombling
NST: September : the Turtles go Wombling
- 12 months from now, you will be one year older.
- But will you be one year better?
- If you want to change where you are in your life, it is up to YOU and you alone.
- Where do you want to be in 12 months’ time?
- Plan for your future.
- Make the decision to change.
- Take Action.
- Recruit social support.
- Get accountability & guidance.
- Identify every obstacle in your way and generate 2 solutions for each.
- Give yourself an Incentive for success, and set a deadline for change.
- Never quit on what is important to you.
- Success is simple.
- It’s not easy, but it’s simple.
- Put your head down and do the work.
Scrutinise your soa (no need to post it) and question every category of spending. Look at every single one of your receipts – are there areas where you overspend.
Educate yourself in why you spend needlessly, what triggers unnecessary spends and also how you keep focussed.
Plan your time, your outings, your commitments, your spends and your meals. Prepare for 25/12. It happens every year, same date. What are you expectations for the day/period. Do they tie in with your mse ways.
Target your weak spots and work on strengthening them.Day by day. One by one.
End goal: how much and by when? It may not be a final goal, but a step along the way. What will happen if you do not meet your targets? Every penny paid off works at reducing the interest and debt, or it increases the savings. Every penny takes you nearer to or further away from your end goal. Use your pennies wisely.
Make a note of absolutely everything you spend. Take your notebook with you everywhere. Do it every day. Get receipts for every purchase and then note it down. Some use YNAB; others have spreadsheets; others use pen and paper. Find what works for you and stick to it.
Buck the trend. Don’t spend. Be different. Set your own path. Every penny off your debt is a penny you will never have to pay interest on again. Every penny into your savings is a penny working for you.
Extend a hand to someone who needs help. Stop to talk to a neighbour. Smile at strangers. Do random acts of kindness. Donate to a food bank.
Remember your motivation every day. Write it down. Carry it round in your purse/wallet. Stick it on the fridge. Read it constantly. Tell us about it.
Reduce, reduce and reduce some more. Reduce what comes in. Reduce what you use. Reduce what you spend. Reduce what you need. Reduce how you ‘waste’ your time. Reduce screen time. Reduce electricity usage. Reduce gas usage. Reduce water usage. Reduce the amount of rubbish you throw away
Increase, increase and increase even more. Increase meal planning. Increase recycling. Increase wombling (both as Bob does, and as the Wombles did – think Uncle Bulgaria – "making good use of the things that we find; things that the everyday folk leave behind"). Increase walking. Increase being outdoors. Increase appreciating what you have. Increase the discovery of joy in your life. Increase your skills.
- The challenge runs from the start of September 1st to the end of September 30th.
- Set your own NSD target of 15 or over.
- Give £5 to charity, foodbanks…
- Pay to your debt/savings first
- Set your personal DFD: Debt Free Date – make yourself accountable for it.
- Stretch yourself with another target for the month (extra payments, better food, less waste)
- Post ideas for meals.
Will you join me?
NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 338.9K Banking & Borrowing
- 248.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 447.6K Spending & Discounts
- 230.8K Work, Benefits & Business
- 601K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.1K Life & Family
- 244.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards