My so called friend MR DEBT only has 36 months left to live

Options

Comments

• AspiringButAnxious
    Options
    Well done 12MC! :beer: I'm hoping my own EF will look a little less pathetic on Mon, when I get my ESA payment — I have more in my modest savings pot atm... Lol!
    Rainy day fund — 210/1000 Emergency fund — 1019/1500
    Loan — 424/19,224 = 2.2% Fun fund: 1/100 Credit card balance — 0
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Thanks ABA

The main thing is your savings are growing and not your debt :j
    Keep going and stay focussed. Small steps is the answer. I learned that on this site. Along with lots of other good tips and ideas.

I got a little carried away and put too much in my EF :) Had to move a little out but its still growing slowly.

Anyway CC statement just arrived and its paid with a little over the top :T I thought about re adjusting my snowball because the card I have just paid incurs interest. :( Although the interest is nowhere near what I used to pay. The snowball suggested I do it this way though and I have been happy with it so far. It is manageable

My plan is to pay off my MBNA one first as they seem to give me the better 0% deals. I'm hoping that as time goes on I will be able to transfer cards and get them all on to 1 or 2 and pay them off this way.

I've never been so in control and it feels good to not be stressing about my debt. I know its a lot but I know I can do this and so can you.
    Good luck on your debt busting journey.
    SP 9#531=£620/SP 10 # 531=?PDBX 2016 #2 = £16,766.67/£12,000
    PDBX 2017 #2 = £1,200/£12,000

''If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain''
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Hi guys
    I have done another snowball which basically changes which card I pay off first. I have one more CC payment for this month to do and that's my snowball done for another month.

I have copies of both snowballs on my phone to look at as I wish and am still deciding which one will work best for me.

They both say the same amount of debt (obviously) so it doesnt really matter anyway :rotfl:

I am still positive that we can do this and budgeting is going well. :T

Not had much of a chance to be on line this weekend due to visitors,clearing out cupboards etc.

Emergency fund is growing still little by little

Its funny how now when I log into this site I go straight to the Debt Free Wannabe board as opposed to the Credit Card one. :D This one makes my debt go down instead of up :j

I will be reading the diaries I have missed at the weekend.

Good luck all

• lincs1205
    Options
    Hi 12 month, have just read your diary from beginning to end and you have really inspired me did you do the snowball on the calculator on here?. I have a dh who when I told him how much debt we have between us his eyes nearly popped out his head to be fair he doesn't take that much out the joint account just money for food at work and money for petrol but he is an only child and has been called upon to lend his parents money which he did. Think this has finally stopped partly due to me throwing my toys out the pram.
    MBNA 0% ends 10/04/2020 £15843
    Virgin 0% ends 09/06/19 £ 8007
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £6379
    Virgin 0% ends 17/7/19 £ 7229.26
    £30229 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    SPC 069
  • LexieLou
    Options
    Hey there Mrs 12mth, I like your thread, hope you don't mind me popping by. I'm longing for Monday so that I can start to distribute my salary to my debts...oh how the little things in life make us happy. x
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Hi Lincs and Lexie

Welcome aboard..I haven't had much time to post on hear for a few days as I am currently doing a lot of work at home. However it keeps me away from spending. :D

I am still debt busting and always looking for ways to pay a little extra on my dreaded CCs.

Lexie I also look forward to paydays as it is one more small step towards my goals. At least the debts comes down rather than up eh. Even if it is only a little at a time. WE WILL GET THERE eventually.

Lincs my other half has been ok recently with money. He doesnt seem to waste it like usual. I hope he keeps it up as he can now see a little light at the end of a very long tunnel.

Good luck all :)

• 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Hi world Hope everyone is ok and still debtbusting. I've missed all of the tips and ideas so lots of reading to be done.

WOW not been around much lately had too much work to do. Decided to do an on line course to benefit me at work. It was a good idea at the time :(

However its all done now so i'm back. Lots of reading and catching up for me to do.

A small hitch with debt busting but not too much damage done. Took my eye off the ball and spent money I shouldn't have done :mad:
    Unnecessary really. It just goes to show when you slack a little how easy it is to fall back in to old routines.

BUT I have checked snowball payments,budgets,outgoings etc and am still on track albeit another 2 months added on my debt free day :mad: Need to seriously stay around to re motivate myself.

please feel free to kick my backside.

On the plus side Dinner done, ironing done, cleaning done. So off to make a cup of tea and chill whilst reading lots on here for the afternoon.
    :)

• 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Hi all
    Hope everyone is ok

Been a little down lately so have just been moping around. This debt busting has taken over me and I have days where I feel Its an impossible task. :(
    I cant understand why I feel so fed up with it all when I was so upbeat.
    I hope its just a blip and I will start to feel up again. Off work for a few days so will hopefully find my mojo again.

Is this normal ?

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Ridiculously so. For me it helps to set mini targets. E.g. For you, it might be hitting a third of your emergency fund and then half. Just keep posting even when you don't feel like it. That way you'll have a better idea of the impact of all the baby steps.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • 12_month_challenge
    Options
    Thank you in need of direction

I feel a little more optimistic today as I am off work for a few days and have already checked all CCs and making sure I am still on track. I am thank heavens :)

I must get into the habit of not looking at the whole debt amount :eek:
    I will set myself small targets even if its a small extra payment a week towards CCs

I have rounded down accounts and added a little to my EF so its a start back on the right track.

Need to definitely stick around and keep reading on here. I CANNOT AND WILL NOT slip backwards.

Good luck all

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business