Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello.

I don't know if this is a new Sky trick but i will tell you my latest dealing with them.
    My 60% discount on Variety, sports and cinema comes to an end on October 14 paying £27.20 and £12 multi on top.
    I checked my August bill on 14th and noticed it will be £119 taken on the 28/08. On checking Sky have stopped the discount on month 10 and not month 12.
    Used the Sky app but never got reply back for 8 hours so tried on 15th and after lots of messages Sky made an error and was told all bills will be sorted for the next 2 months.
    Today Sky took the £119 so i called them and the man looked into it and as bill was generated Sky cant change it but it will be refunded next month.
    During the talk the advisor said i got a text from Sky saying the on 15th saying new offer applied to my account of 60% discount for the next 6 months as Sky can't do 1,2 or 3 months discount only min 6 months.
    I am not sure if this works in their favour to stop people leaving as the date he gave me is the same date as my fibre,calls and line rental min contract ends so maybe a new Sky trick.
    Anybody else had this in the last month?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    Hello.

I don't know if this is a new Sky trick but i will tell you my latest dealing with them.
    My 60% discount on Variety, sports and cinema comes to an end on October 14 paying £27.20 and £12 multi on top.
    I checked my August bill on 14th and noticed it will be £119 taken on the 28/08. On checking Sky have stopped the discount on month 10 and not month 12.
    Used the Sky app but never got reply back for 8 hours so tried on 15th and after lots of messages Sky made an error and was told all bills will be sorted for the next 2 months.
    Today Sky took the £119 so i called them and the man looked into it and as bill was generated Sky cant change it but it will be refunded next month.
    During the talk the advisor said i got a text from Sky saying the on 15th saying new offer applied to my account of 60% discount for the next 6 months as Sky can't do 1,2 or 3 months discount only min 6 months.
    I am not sure if this works in their favour to stop people leaving as the date he gave me is the same date as my fibre,calls and line rental min contract ends so maybe a new Sky trick.
    That's just a genuine mistake by the sound of it from when you last renewed. Since it's only for 6 months is it a rolling monthly TV contract?
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,515 Forumite
    Options
    Hello.

About this time last year there were a number of people who reported that Sky were offering discounts for 10 months on 12 month contracts -suspect that they recorded your deal incorrectly at the time.
    Hadn't heard of a 6 month extended offer anywhere - as per last post ,is it a rolling monthly contract? Otherwise you could be tied in at full price for a further 6 or 12 months:eek:
  • Boohoo
    Options
    That's just a genuine mistake by the sound of it from when you last renewed. Since it's only for 6 months is it a rolling monthly TV contract?
    About this time last year there were a number of people who reported that Sky were offering discounts for 10 months on 12 month contracts -suspect that they recorded your deal incorrectly at the time.
    Hadn't heard of a 6 month extended offer anywhere - as per last post ,is it a rolling monthly contract? Otherwise you could be tied in at full price for a further 6 or 12 months:eek:

Sky have moved the goalposts further apart.
    I checked my account for futere months and still the discounts are wrong.
    Done a live chat and the outcome was bad. It is not a fixed term so that was ok.
    Bad news for me and maybe others is that Sky made the !!!!-up and the customer pays.
    My 12 month 60% discount contract ends 22 October but as the Sky computer didn't give the last 2 months at 60% and i contacted them their backroom staff applied the 60% discount to sports complete package and cinema but NOT variety.
    So my 12 month discount has now become a 10 month discount but the Sky rep said it was better for me. She said as the sports complete package had been applied the existing discount had stopped and Sky can do nothing about it.
    I was paying £12.80 for Variety now £35.
    Variety, sports, cinema was £27.20 with discount plus £12 multi is £39.20 plus £39.49 for fibre,rental and calls equals £78.69.
    August bill is £119.07 and September bill will be over £63 and Octobers will be £98 so i cant see how the Sky rep is saying i will save money for their !!!!-up.
    Sorry for long winded post but othe Sky customers should look at the bill to see if theirs is correct.
    I can leave on the 22nd October as i asked the rep so 22nd September i will call to cancel.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Sky have moved the goalposts further apart.

You know that is actually a good thing right? :p

The simplest solution for Sky would have been to apply a credit to your account for each of the last two months (very easily done by them despite what they said).
  • Boohoo
    Options
    The simplest solution for Sky would have been to apply a credit to your account for each of the last two months (very easily done by them despite what they said).

That is what i thought they would/could do.
    Hadn't heard of a 6 month extended offer anywhere - as per last post ,is it a rolling monthly contract? Otherwise you could be tied in at full price for a further 6 or 12 months

I have seen on sky haggle thread some people are having the same issues as me. Also have been on skyuser, digitalspy and Sky's own help forum with the same issue and i/they think it's down to Sky doing the "new" sports complete package adding it the the account is canceling the discounts.
    I said before that it is a rolling discount but today i looked at my account the billing is different from 2 days ago and all the credits and refunds to me don't add up.
  • Boohoo
    Options
    This is a link to the same issue as i and other people are having but Sky think it's ok to do.
  • davehills
    Options
    Well, our Sky TV finished a few days ago; best offer we have had is 30% (Or 40% when we called). It seems that Sky have tightened up on their retention offers!

Bye Sky!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    davehills wrote: »
    Well, our Sky TV finished a few days ago; best offer we have had is 30% (Or 40% when we called). It seems that Sky have tightened up on their retention offers!

Bye Sky!

If you try multiple times a day you'll get differing offers, its a game of perseverance.
  • cornish1
    Options
    We've been with Sky for 11 months, £55 per month for unlimited fibre BB, Q box, Sports, Cinema, Box Sets the works ... great newbie deal ...

It was going to double in price next month so tried using MySky messaging app (waste of time) and a couple of calls before someone v helpful tried all they could but even ditching Cinema could only bring it down to £84 per month.

Have switched to BT for next 12 months using latest deal link (£42 per month ish with £100 Mastercard). Will miss Sky Sports but will have BT Sport and will try Sky again same time next year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback