Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not true, I got 60% plus credit last December 5 or 6 weeks before turn off. I then got discount and further credit in March on the LR/BB package when the prices went up. You just need to be persistent but very polite when communicating with them and to have all of your information including offers from other companies at hand ready and waiting. I put everything into a text document on my desktop so I can quote or copy & paste as needed.

Simple but effective advice which works for me every time. Have facts to hand. Do your research on other companies offers and always be polite. They're humans after all just like you and me.
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How long do you ave to wait before you get 60% offer I am switched from 1aug
  • Liberty1577
    Liberty1577 Posts: 81 Forumite
    edited 16 August 2017 at 9:35PM
    Options
    pompeyrich wrote: »
    Just be aware that your VIP status will reset to 0 years if you allow the service to be disconnected, even for 1 day. I gave up black level offers for a 2 week break hoping to better the 60% offer I had pre turn off. I ended up with the 60% but clock reset to zero.

This is true if you just have TV package, however doesn't appear to be the case if you keep phone/BB while tv is off. Last year My tv switched off for half a day (just long enough for 75% off) but I still had BB/phone and I'm still classed as a platinum member. Either that or they've made a mistake in my case.
  • pompeyrich
    pompeyrich Posts: 3,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    domcaz wrote: »
    How did you get the 60% off pre turn off? I thought they only offered over 50% after turn off?

I got sent a couple of emails during my notice period but live chat couldn't see them on the system and wouldn't go above 40%. Then I got a mailshot by post and tried again. Had to send a photo of the letter and then they honoured it. This was 3rd August.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,474 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I was offered 50% for 10 months at cancellation, last year, then for 12 months by email immediately after ringing off.

Next came two offers of 60% with a time limit of 2-3 days (though some wanting to take the offer were told it was not available).

On leaving it was 50% again and I didn't check again, until someone on here reported a 75% offer on My Sky.

Losing VIP status won't bother me as the offers don't appeal,anyway and if they don't repeat my offer ,I'll stay away (the most likely outcome) with more time for charity knitting and reading.
  • sheffieldeagle
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone tell me the current cost of having HD channels with Sky? I'm about to come to the end of my current discount period and wondered how much I need to factor in for HD when trying for a new deal.

Many thanks
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Options
    HD is included apart from Sports which is £6 per month extra.
  • greatgimpo
    greatgimpo Posts: 1,256 Forumite
    Options
    What prices has your research thrown up? Sky website or Sky advisor?
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi

Can anyone tell me the current cost of having HD channels with Sky? I'm about to come to the end of my current discount period and wondered how much I need to factor in for HD when trying for a new deal.

Many thanks

and your same question answered earlier in this thread if you read the later posts

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=72986651&postcount=1194
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • rexel
    rexel Posts: 595 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sky turned of 1aug was offered 40% today got email 60% off is that as far as they will go
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback