🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

I Need A New Me

Options

Comments

• MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Tink,
    I'm so sorry the Dr appointment didn't go well. It's awful when things like that also keep you awake at night. I can really relate at the moment. We're all here for you.
    MTxx
  • kirtsypoos
    kirtsypoos Posts: 3,824 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    We're here and ready to listen Tink. Big hugs x
    :j PAID VERY, Barclaycard x3, Vanquis, Natwest, O/D, Tesco & MBNA x2 PAID :j LBM 24/07/15 - Original Debt: £0/31010.23 (100% paid) :eek:
    Mortgage - £151.316.54 :eek:
  • bellevie
    bellevie Posts: 876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope you are ok tink xx
    MFW
    Starting debt :£287,410 -11/2020

2022 Closing balance £271,402.45 

2023 closing balance £263140

Original end 11/2045 
    New end date :....... 

Overpayments to date £534.4 (5/24)

• RosaBernicia
    Options
    Oh Tink I'm sorry to hear that - big hugs. And virtual pavlova too (fruit flavoured, as it's you).

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Hi

Just read your diary from the start. *Subscribed*

Hope all is well x
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Thank you lovelies, and thanks for the pavalova Rosa mmmmm. Also a thank you to Little Miss for making it through my diary.

Well I did do what I said I wasn't going to do, but now I have had a couple of days to get my head together I feel a bit better. When I went for the asthma test the nurse informed me that the dr had ordered a COPD test too but forgot to mention this to me. I had the asthma test, had to take my inhaler and then sit in the waiting room for half an hour so that I could then do the COPD test. I have a friend who has COPD and I did a bit of research while I was waiting. By the time I got back into the treatment room I had worked myself up a bit. I did the test and she said the results are bordering on COPD. I literally broke down in the room and couldn't believe that I have done this to myself.

She has now prescribed me with a bigger dose of steroids and I also have to do a peak flow meter test twice a day and then go back on Monday. Yesterday and today my results went up by 100 in the afternoon but then dropped lower again in the evening and I do feel much better in myself so I am hoping that the test will give better results on Monday.

Its been a weird week, emotions everywhere but I had a chat with a lovely person last night and she really cheered me up. I am really looking forward to London, one week today and we will be there.

I didn't get the extra money that my boss owes me, he said it will be in my pay packet next month, no good when I needed it now but nothing I can do about it now.

I had to go into work this morning but then I took a car full of things from mums to the local charity warehouse and I have to say there were some lovely things there and a really nice desk that was only £35 with a chair included but I just couldn't afford it. Mum said we could get it after Christmas but I don't think it will be there then.

I did promise that the bullet journal thread would be started last week but I promise I will get it done now.

Hope everyone is ok and thank you again for the messages and support. You lot are amazing.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Hi Tink,

So sorry to hear about your health issues. I hope things improve for you.
    It isn't nice when there are things we want but can't afford, especially when they are bargains. You'll have to ask the universe for another desk when you can afford it :)

There is no rush on the bullet journal thread. It continues to make my life better. I just love it and it's all thanks to you.

Have a lovely evening x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • RosaBernicia
    Options
    Hi Tink

Sorry to hear about your results - I hope that things get better, presumably you will get more info on Monday about what you can do?

Don't worry about threads and here - everybody understands that real life comes first. And you have also inspired me to sort out my organising and look at a journal, I'm just putting it off while I get the house situation under control.

A thought about the desk - might they accept a deposit? If not DIA is right, the universe will surely either keep it for you or find you another one :)

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    And you have also inspired me to sort out my organising and look at a journal, I'm just putting it off while I get the house situation under control.
    Rosa, you are time limited at the moment I know but the bullet journal might be helpful for this process. Just a thought...:)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    Rosa, you are time limited at the moment I know but the bullet journal might be helpful for this process. Just a thought...:)

My feelings exactly DIA and the thing is you can just use a cheap note book as we are nearly at the end of the year and then next year start another one.

I am hoping that I will get better results on Monday. I have been on the steroids now for four days and although my peak flow output is still fluctuating I feel so much better in myself. I have more energy, my cough tends to just be in the morning now and I'm not as short of breath as I was. I'm also back to sleeping on two pillows instead of four lol. And I'm not using my inhaler as much. Positive feelings now about the test.

Can't believe with having all this on my mind that I have totally forgotten that I start college on Tuesday. Means an earlier start but I'm really looking forward to it.

DD has started sorting her clothes out that she wants to take to London with her so she doesn't wear them this week lol and she has a countdown on her phone. I have been that caught up with planning the trip I hadn't even thought that my baby girl will be 16. Where did the time go? GCSE's now and then college next year and this time next year she will be thinking about starting driving:eek::eek:

My budget has been a real struggle this month, I feel that I pulled the purse strings a bit too tight and December will still be a little tight but I have the extra money that I am owed from this month to play with. I'm hoping that come February we will be in more of a positive place to move in with my mum and that will then free up a bit more money to put to my debts. I know it is going to happen so I'm just hoping the dogs sort their act out quickly lol.

Hope everyone is having a relaxing weekend or enjoying something nice.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income