We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Who washes their hair everyday?

Options
I have quite fine straight hair and usually wash it every 3 days or so. However, whilst it's summer I'm thinking about washing it everyday.

Does anyone else do this? If so is there a shampoo/conditioner for use everyday and how does your hair fair when washing everyday?

Comments

• Ben84
    Ben84 Posts: 3,069 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wash mine every day. It's short hair though, which probably helps it survive this, but also causes the reason why I wash it every day - it stands on end after sleeping and won't behave until it's washed. It's also easy to wash short hair, so there's no reason not to while I'm in the bath or shower.

I use home made soap to wash it. Shampoo makes me itchy, but maybe that's just me. My hair looks and feels good with the soap and everyday washing.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,194 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I would have thought that most people wash their hair every day.
  • comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,759 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I wash my hair at least once a day. Use a small amount of shampoo, very rarely conditioner and leave it to dry naturally.
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    My hair is quite long, although when it was short I did wash it everyday and generally used a kiddy shampoo.

Now it's long I tend to leave it and just refresh with a dry shampoo. Also my hair tends to knot very easily, especially when it's wet, so rely on a detangler spray to help with combing. I also let it dry naturally and never use products on it.

I will give it a try for a week or so, see how it goes and what effect it has on my hair.
  • Callie22
    Callie22 Posts: 3,444 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 July 2015 at 10:47PM
    Options
    I wash my hair every day. It tends to look better on the second day if I don't but I don't like the way it feels if I leave it. I also have longish hair and I don't feel that it's 'clean' if it's not been washed. I try to use a more natural shampoo and at the moment I'm loving the Tara Smith 'gorgeously gentle' shampoo and conditioner, which I get for £1.99 a bottle online.
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I tend to wash it every day, but can just about go 48 hours sometimes until it looks a bit bleurgh ... Some days I just wash my fringe, though, as it gets greasy quickly.

I once went about 15 days without washing it because I was so ill and it was absolutely awful. I had to shampoo it about 4 times!!
  • Transformers
    Transformers Posts: 411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I wash mine every day too - I wouldn't choose to not wash any other bits so why would my head be any different?

I use a normal shampoo - Elvive or Philip Kingsley - and then a conditioner. I have shoulder length hair and have always washed it every day with no adverse effects.
  • Piggywiggy
    Piggywiggy Posts: 452 Forumite
    Options
    I wash mine every day, see lots of advice to wash it every 2-3 days but I find that a bit disgusting tbh.
  • 1940sGal
    1940sGal Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    Options
    I wash mine every other day. Anything more than that and it doesn't like it and goes limp and greasy. I only use conditioner once a week.
  • yellowbear
    yellowbear Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I wash every day and condition 3 x week. I use Liz Earle.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport