Easyjet Tricks - guide discussion

Options

Comments

• aluncariad
    Options
    Greetings. Checked in 30 days before my flight,was allocated seat 19 B (sandwiched between 2 people) I then checked availability of seats on that same flight,every seat was available except the one allocated to me 19 B. So checking in early did NOT work for me. Alun.
  • ldee2111
    ldee2111 Posts: 949 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Quick update: finally got the full amount from EJ under their Price Promise. After my last post on here, I called them again. This time their system matched what I was seeing on my screen. In total got a £72 refund - yippee! And I've just used it to book another trip later in the year. So, if you're having trouble getting your refund from EJ, I guess keep trying. I spent around 3 frustrating hours on the phone to them over the course of a week. I think I might have lost some hair during that time!
    NST 🐢 & MFW 🤸>> MFD was: Jun 2040 MFD now: May 2029. MFD aim: December 2025
    Saving target 2024: £710/£10,000
  • Discodave
    Discodave Posts: 617 Forumite
    Options
    ldee2111 wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Easy Jet price promise.
    Anyone else had this issue at all?

Similar happened to me around Christmas Eve gone, booked NCL to BCN (May 24/26) for £220 for 2 people. Checked in Jan and it had went down to £198.00 for two people. Rang em up and they gave some rubbish about taxes being lower, but the overall price was the same!

then I was told even if I was due a refund, it would be in EJ vouchers, of which I had to then book via phoning up, mean the phone price would have no doubt been £20 more than the online! :mad:
  • minmar
    minmar Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Booked flights, luggage and seats for 4 then checked a few days later. Yes price had reduced. Telephoned re price promise guarantee. First call took 35 minutes and even though I had a screenshot of whole booking - fully explained differences I was only offered £29 when i estimated it should have been around £77. EJ operative explanation - prices change all the time and had changed since I had looked and were changing as she viewed screen. I was also given a complex calculation which I could not follow. I am a determined sort of person so next day checked again, yes price still lower than I paid. Tried again and different EJ operative agreed with me and could not follow what the previous one had worked out. Result £95 voucher. So don't give up - follow Martin's philosophy......keep trying.
  • Dave1979
    Dave1979 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    What time are the tickets normally released on the first day of booking? 12am? 9am? There own Twitter account wouldn't tell me!
  • peachyprice
    peachyprice Posts: 22,346 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    minmar wrote: »
    Booked flights, luggage and seats for 4 then checked a few days later. Yes price had reduced. Telephoned re price promise guarantee. First call took 35 minutes and even though I had a screenshot of whole booking - fully explained differences I was only offered £29 when i estimated it should have been around £77. EJ operative explanation - prices change all the time and had changed since I had looked and were changing as she viewed screen. I was also given a complex calculation which I could not follow. I am a determined sort of person so next day checked again, yes price still lower than I paid. Tried again and different EJ operative agreed with me and could not follow what the previous one had worked out. Result £95 voucher. So don't give up - follow Martin's philosophy......keep trying.

I usually just book the flights then if the price reduces I use the vouchers to book seats and luggage.
    Accept your past without regret, handle your present with confidence and face your future without fear
  • lazer
    lazer Posts: 3,402 Forumite
    Options
    Dave1979 wrote: »
    What time are the tickets normally released on the first day of booking? 12am? 9am? There own Twitter account wouldn't tell me!

I would love an answer to this too
    Weight loss challenge, lose 15lb in 6 weeks before Christmas.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My guess is 6:57:29
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Young_Tug
    Young_Tug Posts: 4 Newbie
    edited 14 April 2016 at 12:08PM
    Options
    At 07.20 today booked 2 flights Manchester to Tenerife one way inc. hold bags and seats for £140. Ryanair was £222.:j
    Later EJ was £206 so whichever way you look at it, good job done. Thanks Martin and team.
  • Moto2
    Moto2 Posts: 2,206 Forumite
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    My guess is 6:57:29

You weren't far off :)
    Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback