We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hi AFK

is that a job application? very good luck if so. Hope it was worth staying up to 3 am for!

Great news about the badge

Bexster :)
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Love the badge hehe :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    Just read from start to finish - you're making great progress :T
    You're around the same age as me - can I be nosey and ask what your retirement plans are? I assume you'll have a good pension you can take at 60? Have you thought again about selling your house and buying something smaller to free up some equity so you can retire earlier?

Hi GG :hello:

Thanks for sticking through and reading to the end, its a wonder it didn't put you to sleep:rotfl:must apologise for the waffle half the time:o Retirement plans - none to date as I have only started this journey (thought I would be paying mortgage until I was 70:eek:) so had no chance of anything until then, but then came across this site and within a few months or so have changed my goals quite a few times. Haven't thought any more about selling up as yet, will know when the time is right - i guess. Going to have a good read through your diary - just to see what you've been up to and to get all the tips and ideas.:D
    ps have you seen all the badges you have ...:j
    Hi AFK

is that a job application? very good luck if so. Hope it was worth staying up to 3 am for!

Great news about the badge

Thanks, yes it was, same duties i'm doing atm - just given it a fancy title, so we'll see. I have a few thoughts on the matter, but if you don't try, you never know. Is it next week you are away to sunny spain? the schools are off here next week.
    Love the badge hehe :]

Thanx - me too :D

Nothing exciting here to report, filled up fridge, fruit bowl, biscuit tin and treat box today, as well as getting 3 meals all for £20.00. Could do better but will wait and see how the rest of the month goes re groceries.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Hi

Good luck with the job application!

No, it's the following week ( a week tomorrow actually - not that I'm excited :D). We break up next Friday for half term.

May not be very exciting, but sounds like money saving is coming on apace.

Hope you have a lovely weekend

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Morning all

another lovely day here, not a cloud in the sky. :)

A bit of a spendy time lately:(, got all my new lights/bulbs changed the other day, and hate to say it but liked it the other way better, after putting up my new bathroom light, they said to me "put the light on and try it - oh, it is on" well that tells it all. Spotlights in hall are just ok, but in my bedroom and living room there is much improvement - so at least happy with 2 rooms. Bought new towels for bathroom as S@insburys had a nice sale on - £75 down to £32 so a saving of £43, which was going towards a laptop birthday present I was going to buy, but they now tell me they just got their old one refurbished - so will pay for that instead of buying a new one - yeah, another saving.:)

Today is housework/tidy day so hopefully a nsd.

Just made another £200 o/p to the mortgage:D, will try and get another £200 before end of month which will take me to under the next thousand:j. - Keep chipping away.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Morning all,another beautiful day here:), was hoping to get up and have my ruthless hat on, the reason - well I went up to my loft last night and horrors, couldn't believe the "stuff" I have up there, so wanted to get up early this morning with my "kondo" hat on, but not to be as I seem to be in slow motion mood today.

Had to fulfill my addiction yet again today, and swithered, will I o/p £100 or £200 to the mortgage, I thought if I pay 100 then I have a chance to feed my addiction next week again, but if I pay 200, then not so. Decided on 100, so done that:D, and either I wasn't paying attention or there was a blip as next icon said "take me to my account" -done that - thought it hadn't taken payment so entered details again - Yes you've guessed it, I've now paid twice:o - seems it was meant to be - don't you think? Oh, well, next goal will just be 50.00 :obefore end of month.

Now, how can I get 50.00, I think i'll list another couple of items on the bay of e, two jobs done in one:).
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    My mistake:eek: yesterday paid off.:j
    I now have my £50.00:D - going to keep it for now though as I have a feeling will not be o/p much next month.

Quick trip to the PO then back to see if there is anything else I can kondo = make some extra £££'s:)
  • Luckyinlife
    Luckyinlife Posts: 1,613 Forumite
    Options
    Well done on the recent over payment your doing really well 5 years will be awsome :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Spendy day yesterday again:o. Used the code for bay of e to buy. Got chromebook for my mum, a purse and ring for myself and a two dishes that go in the micro to cook bacon. Saved £37.55:D, so not bad, as I was eventually going to buy them anyway. :mad:Have sold another few items but getting a bit fed up with it now, must be how i'm feeling atm, as I do usually enjoy it, any chance to get extra pennies in, especially as its a 5 week month.
    All week it feels like nothing but problems, yesterday lost out on a good deal at ike@,:mad: then had a hissie fit in Vod@fon shop as they would not help with my problem:mad: - told me to phone them myself - that was the problem, I had phoned - but nobody will get back to me. Uggggggh. Always the same - quick to up your tariff, but when you want to cancel - can't get hold of anyone, and the shop won't cancel it.:mad:
    On the up side I still have around £170 in paypal but know there is at least 2 l a r g e bills to be paid next month, so might just manage my target of o/p £250.00 for November, on second thoughts, maybe not as Christmas is coming (forgot about that, for a moment):o. R a n t o v e r.Nothing else for it, but to keep listing.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 24 October 2015 at 10:15AM
    Options
    Better morning:), slept well, and when i got up,checked the bay and found out I had a few parcels to wrap, and found out
    I DID receive cashback for my ebay purchases (thought I had messed that up as well).
    Total for surveys stand at £15 now.
    And on another site I have 1200 - points - that is, (seems a lot but, no).
    Got a couple of bags in from charities so will be filling them and more (must ask my neighbours if they are using theirs). All Good kondo.
    So far, so good - happier today.:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport