Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• Luckyinlife
    Options
    Lovely Surprise that :]

Aim for the stars if you fall just short it better than not aiming for them at all :]
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just been catching up with your diary A Frayed Knot. You're so motivated and doing really well :j
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Lovely Surprise that :]

Aim for the stars if you fall just short it better than not aiming for them at all :]

Yes, I had forgotten about them.

A lovely quote, by the way, will remember this when I start having doubts about my goals.

tattycath wrote: »
    Just been catching up with your diary A Frayed Knot. You're so motivated and doing really well :j

Thanks, tattycath,

I really do need some encouragement and ideas on how to reach my goal. All ideas/tips/etc very welcome.

Everyone I know tells me I have a lot of patience - certain things, maybe, but not when it comes to being MF.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Oh, what a spendy day:(. Had to return something to shop - done - and had to buy some light fittings as changing fittings in hall - not a problem - really reasonable - but I do have to buy 2 of them, so got 2 x 3 armed spotlight holder at £6 each out of the swedish shop.:)

What got me was the bulbs I had to get for them, £5 each :shocked:and I needed 6:shocked:. Can't remember last time I bought a bulb but they weren't anywhere near that price. Is it just me or is £30 for 6 bulbs expensive ???

What do others do? for economic bulbs, any way of saving here? Any alternatives ??
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Hello

Sorry to hear about bulb rip off!

Can't help you, I haven't bought bulbs for years. In fact I think the last two I acquired were free as they were energy saving. I guess £42 for two light fittings isn't too bad. If the bulbs last a long time I suppose you can look upon it that way.

Glad you got a good deal of the light fittings though.

Did you ever get those bargain table lamps you wanted?

Bexster :)
  • Luckyinlife
    Options
    We Have the same MF Goal 10 years seems like a long time i know but in terms of becoming MF its not really that long

I recently bought some bulbs around 15 in total all Energy efficient ones seems pointless these days not to go with these ones
    Some are crazy prices grrr

If it makes you feel any better my mums kitchen light bulbs cost he £100 as there are 8 bulbs in total on these fancy light fittings lol
    Mortgage--- [STRIKE]£67700 March 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65221 April 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64983 July 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£64780 sept 15[/STRIKE] Remortgage [STRIKE]£67295 oct 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£66599 Nov 15[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£65878.73 Dec 15[/STRIKE][STRIKE] £64834 1st Jan 16[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Feb 16 £64,511.89[/STRIKE][STRIKE] March 16 £64,056.40[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]April 16 £62550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]May 16 £62,396.20[/STRIKE] Feb 17 £60.800
    Emergency fund 23k
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Hello

Sorry to hear about bulb rip off!

Can't help you, I haven't bought bulbs for years. In fact I think the last two I acquired were free as they were energy saving. I guess £42 for two light fittings isn't too bad. If the bulbs last a long time I suppose you can look upon it that way.

Glad you got a good deal of the light fittings though.

Did you ever get those bargain table lamps you wanted?

Hello Bexster

I suppose I have to spend sometimes, the light fittings are nothing special but will do the job nicely. The bulbs are led economic ones, supposed to last something like 10 times longer and save 85% of energy, well how that works as I now have 3 bulbs to one fitting instead of 1 bulb.:rotfl:

Thought I was going on a bit re lamps:o so said I wouldn't mention my lovely lamps until I bought them. Did pick them up in shop only to discover that the switch was under the lampshade and not half way along the wire, so changed my mind, as thought it would be difficult fumbling in the dark for the switch to put the lamp on.

Only 3 more pay days till NY, hows your plans coming along?

We Have the same MF Goal 10 years seems like a long time i know but in terms of becoming MF its not really that long

I recently bought some bulbs around 15 in total all Energy efficient ones seems pointless these days not to go with these ones
    Some are crazy prices grrr

If it makes you feel any better my mums kitchen light bulbs cost he £100 as there are 8 bulbs in total on these fancy light fittings lol

Thanks LIL,

but 10 years to me is very loooong to me, especially at my age, so have updated my MF target to 5 years, well I can but try.

Took a nosy peek into your diary, last night (got half way through) and we do have very similar journeys, I bought house at auction, and so work needed done, stripped all walls, got tiles off kitchen walls, new front door fitted, brother done electrics, got plastered, oops - got plasterer in, then set about painting, just as you have been doing, my loft was floored, well most of it anyway, and even got loft ladder fitted- exact same as yours - good choice. Oh, and that's the reason I need new fittings for lights in hall, I pull ladder down and it hits my lovely chandelier type lampshade, so needed something higher to ceiling.

Had a few disasters on the way, and took 9 months in all (was staying with my mum while work being done) and thought its was time I moved out when I got a special xmas card from my mum saying on the front of it
    "Your First Christmas in your New Home" - hint or what?

Bulbs are supposed to be led energy efficient ones, they save 85% energy, as I said to Bexster, how does that work as I now need 3 instead on 1. Your mum's must be super energy saving efficient for that price.

Your doing great, so quickly and have things worked out you have a good head start. :beer:That was my big problem, do I want this or do I want that, took me ages to decide - just like most things. However I get there eventually. I never came across this site until about 2 years into my mortgage or I might well be on my way to MF in 5 years or sooner.

Good Luck,
  • bexster1975
    Options
    Hi

I know you said you wouldn't say anything till bought them, just thought whilst you were in the lighting ( and spends) mood:D

At least if they last ten times longer they should be worth the investment. Yes, I don't think I would want to have to lift my bedside lamps to switch them on or off. They would most likely end up on the floor!

I am now officially fully offset! :beer:

I'm now on the final part of my saving journey to get a decent emergency fund built up as this may well be needed to begin with. That part is not being helped by work as they are being obstructive to say the very least! Still, I'm not leaving until I have my pot at the level I'm happy with so if they want me gone they will be helpful.

Away for a short break next month but staying with a friend in Spain so quite cheap. :money:

Have a good rest of your weekend.

• A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Hi Bexster

Still like them though, thought I might even ask my brother (electrician) to change the flex, but I've got enough work for him atm.:D

Yeah, IF they last as long as advertised, will never need to buy anymore. :rotfl:My mum has a bulb thats not been changed for over 40 years.

"I am now officially fully offset! :beer:" - Whaaaaay, way to go.:beer:

Work being difficult will just make you appreciate your decision even more when you do leave. I know our management tend to give anyone who's leaving a bit of the "cold shoulder" once they know their leaving. (Don't get invited to staff meetings, given all the odd/crap jobs to do, etc):mad:

Spain - ouch, bit of a touchy subject for me. but nice for you, will be a lovely break for you, getting away from all the trials. Even though I've heard we are meant to be getting an indian summer here in the next few weeks or so.

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Off to list some more items on the bay that I've kondo'd from the cupboards.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
    [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Enjoy the rest of your weekend.[/FONT]
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Just having my second cup of tea, whilst making a list of things I would like to get done today, and as usual there will be things done that are not on the list; so here goes;
    curtain rail to go up
    curtains to be ironed and hung up
    Ironing
    tidy kitchen -
    (some day will get round to Marie Kondo (ing) it
    move dining table to l/r
    list items on the bay
    clear space in shed
    make pair of curtains & cushion covers

oh well, sooner i get started ....
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure