Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options

Comments

• Dalradian
    Dalradian Posts: 167 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Mortgage Free 2024
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Its official, new mortgage payment details now showing up on online statement. Monthly mortgage payment has now increased 33%:eek: and have managed to reduce from 14 1/2 years to 8 yrs 1mth :D- all in 3 1/2 years since I started my mortgage. New interest rate 1.79%:j for 2 years fixed.

But today, thinking/dreaming about being mortgage free - it just dawned on me - what do I need with a 3 bedroom, massive amount of space - all for myself - why not sell up, buy something smaller (cheaper:)) = mortgage free. Hmm just a thought, but not a mad one as I really think it might work. Might give it some more thought.

So with my new payment today the odds left were 567.23 so paid off 68.23 which brought it down to the 499.00. Its a start.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Great disappointment when I looked at online statement, the o/p I made yesterday has not been credited to my account. Funny how it comes off my bank account straight away - then seems to go awol for more than 24 hrs, then suddenly appears on mortgage statement.
    Need to get to grips with calculations on interest, as its daily, does that mean
    interest added to mortgage daily, so interest is then charged on interest added, the next day.

Have had 4 nsd's since Friday :) Good start to the month, for me anyway.

Next plan - go through each room and try and view as a buyer might, making notes of any jobs that need doing.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • Monkeychops16
    Options
    Mine is exactly the same, I thought most banks operate faster payments now! The one I paid monday has only credited today!
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 2 September 2015 at 3:58PM
    Options
    Mine is exactly the same, I thought most banks operate faster payments now! The one I paid monday has only credited today!

A cunning plan to get an extra days interest, me thinks.
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I'm inclined to agree about the size of place. Why have somewhere much bigger than you need? You pay to heat it, have to clean more etc. if you could buy smaller and be mortgage free, why not?

Bexster :)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    I'm inclined to agree about the size of place. Why have somewhere much bigger than you need? You pay to heat it, have to clean more etc. if you could buy smaller and be mortgage free, why not?

Was just looking for something to 'buy' as over the years was always pipped at the post when the offers went in. All that money wasted on surveys and home reports - just got fed up wasting my money:(. So left it for a while then took a 'notion' to buy, and couldn't be bothered with the 'offers over'.

So, this time, no hanging about, from listing to buying - 1 week:D. Bought at auction for a price that would have got me either a 1 or 2 bedroom. So a bargain:j, and now, so happy I bid and won, very happy.

But, your right, I'm never done cleaning.
  • sarahevie1
    Options
    Was just looking for something to 'buy' as over the years was always pipped at the post when the offers went in. All that money wasted on surveys and home reports - just got fed up wasting my money:(. So left it for a while then took a 'notion' to buy, and couldn't be bothered with the 'offers over'.

So, this time, no hanging about, from listing to buying - 1 week:D. Bought at auction for a price that would have got me either a 1 or 2 bedroom. So a bargain:j, and now, so happy I bid and won, very happy.

But, your right, I'm never done cleaning.

I bought my house at auction and it is sooooo much easier.

I always wanted the biggest house I could afford, however not anymore. I'd quite like a smart little house, when I no longer have 3 kids at home.
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Have just looked at mortgage statement and - yes, the o/p is finally there:), so not much to do now until the next figures appear then I can even off again.

Meanwhile try as I might, working out daily interest, was at something like £4.12 a day (I think) and now with some o/p and new deal at 1.79%, I keep getting my new daily interest at £1.78 - something wrong,:doh: somewhere, me thinks, but if this is correct, why, oh why, did I not get my new deal 18 months ago, hate to think - all that time, wasted.:shocked:

So all you mathematicians out there, how much is my mortgage?

I just hope others can learn from my mistake.
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options

Please report back on ice cream/sorbet. I have had their ice cream before ( tiramisu flavour) and it was lovely!

Tonight I felt like a treat, and kept thinking about the ice cream in the freezer, did I want the melon or pear, decided to go for the pear. Until I opened the box, only to find the pear was topped with the melon, so the dishes were both the same.

Omg - unbelieveable, not just melon taste but actually Galia melon, hmmmm, the pear, well tasted like pear only a little bitter. Will watch out for these, again, or but an ice cream maker and have a go myself.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure