Was Mortgage Free until 52!!!

Options
1209210211212213215»

Comments

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,799 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had the Pfizer vaccine last week, the one where you have to wait for 15 mins.  Arm was a little sore the second day, less than with a flu jab & I had a diminishing headache for 2 days.  My only issue with it is that they are giving the second dose after 12 weeks not 3 which is contrary to the licence it has.  I also wonder about the ethics of doing that.  Didn't stop me having the jab though.  It isn't going to change how I "behave" either.
  • badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,799 Forumite
    edited 27 January 2021 at 4:45PM
    Options
    I suspect there will be a lot of people wondering what they have been paying for when this is all over, including all those very expensive homecare policies.  (Odd it wouldn't let me quote!)
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    badmemory said:
    I had the Pfizer vaccine last week, the one where you have to wait for 15 mins.  Arm was a little sore the second day, less than with a flu jab & I had a diminishing headache for 2 days.  My only issue with it is that they are giving the second dose after 12 weeks not 3 which is contrary to the licence it has.  I also wonder about the ethics of doing that.  Didn't stop me having the jab though.  It isn't going to change how I "behave" either.
    Same here, tiny sore arm for a few days, but nothing to complain of, others had mega migraines, and had to go home sick.
    I took it because of where I work and want to be able to travel although not any time soon.

Felt we were all on the trial when they announced 2nd dose would be 12 weeks, (also cheated a little) that's not what was recommended  :o and no trials done with the 12 gap.
    however our core brief has announced three fortnights (dates) if you had your vaccine, then the dates when your next one is due, so seems they are keeping their word here about the 2nd in 3-4 weeks time !!! which is totally unexpected but relieved all the same.
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 27 January 2021 at 11:26PM
    Options
    badmemory said:
    I suspect there will be a lot of people wondering what they have been paying for when this is all over, including all those very expensive homecare policies.  (Odd it wouldn't let me quote!)
    I didn't even know that they had a reduced service until I needed them, so yes, there will be a lot that don't know there is no normal service available - so why pay ??  I'm sure Martin will have some advice for us all - keep watching.  o:)  <3
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
  • ElmoR
    ElmoR Posts: 398 Forumite
    Options
    Love the knitted hearts idea <3
    DD has had to temporarily leave her ward volunteer job due to high numbers of covid cancer patients arriving :( If I were you AFK, I'd get that jab.
    Tell us about the potential new house you've been eyeing up!! Is it nearby? What is it that has captured your attention? It sounds exciting.
    ElmoR x
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Morning @ElmoR

Yes, the knitted hearts, so sad but a nice idea.  Makes relatives feel close to them, and they will always have something to keep knowing they have the other one of a matching pair.

Shame about your DD but much better to keep safe as if anythiing like us, we are being ignored for more PPE protection.  So one of the reasons I took the jab.  The other was, y when allowed I can travel - I'm thinking maybe next year before that happens, even then not sure I will feel comfortable being on a plane for a lengthy spell.

I love to browse and if I see a bargain, then who knows, might just purchase to do up - would go halves with DB.  But just a bit of a dream at the moment.  Seems if you buy a second house you are not allowed to sell before 6 months.  Need to find out a bit more about that before diving in.

Hows your plans going?  I am finding I am able to save a little more since we are not allowed out, except for essentials.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure