Prepaid Travel Cards guide

Replies

• chrisb1357chrisb1357 Forumite
    836 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Only thing putting me off at the minute with Revolut was you can only manage by an App on a phone or device

Chris
  • Swami_TrinelSwami_Trinel Forumite
    35 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    chrisb1357 wrote: »
    Hi All

Is anyone able to offer any advice on this.

Many Thanks

Hello I went to Tesco and got a Visa Electron Cash Passport for use in Majorca last year I had no problems at all using it to withdraw cash and pay for purchases/ restaurants. I'd recommend it.
  • chrisb1357 wrote: »
    Only thing putting me off at the minute with Revolut was you can only manage by an App on a phone or device

Chris

I have a Kalixa Pay Prepaid Mastercard as it's amongst the best for purchases(full Mastercard rate with no deductions.. Yesterday's rate: 1.416727€
    Though not so good for daily ATM withdrawals as each costs £2.25. Better to remove a decent chunk each time. The £2.25 would represent a 1% deduction of a 320€ ATM withdrawal for an equivalent rate of 1.40255973€.
    Card is denominated in £s, so you won't have foreign currency left on the card.
    Card costs £6.95, but you get a £5 credit if referred by an existing customer.
  • edited 30 July 2015 at 10:20PM
    chrisb1357chrisb1357 Forumite
    836 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 30 July 2015 at 10:20PM
    Still no the wise as to which one to go for.

Been looking at the Travelex Multi-Currency Cash Passport which on their site it says the card is Free. It says Paying in Shops or ATM's are free to use.

But the loading fee's are When loading/reloading to your GB£ Currency wallet, a charge of 2% of the (re)load value applies. A GB£3 minimum charge may apply

Does that mean if i load £700 on this card i will be charged £14

The fee's are listed on this page for this card https://www.travelex.co.uk/services/cash-passport/multi-currency-cash-passport
    Still no the wise as to which one to go for.

Been looking at the Travelex Multi-Currency Cash Passport which on their site it says the card is Free. It says Paying in Shops or ATM's are free to use.

But the loading fee's are When loading/reloading to your GB£ Currency wallet, a charge of 2% of the (re)load value applies. A GB£3 minimum charge may apply

Does that mean if i load £700 on this card i will be charged £14

The fee's are listed on this page for this card https://www.travelex.co.uk/services/cash-passport/multi-currency-cash-passport

I've already told you the one that you should choose.... you should take note...or it will end up costing you a lot more. Your plan will rack up £54.25 in charges.
    Don't waste time...
    Kalixa Pay
  • eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris, please forget about Travelex and pay attention to Nifty.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • chrisb1357chrisb1357 Forumite
    836 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I understand you recommended Kalixa Pay but they charge £2.25 per cash withdraw.

How do you work out i will get charged £54.25 for the Travelex one

Chris
    I understand you recommended Kalixa Pay but they charge £2.25 per cash withdraw.

How do you work out i will get charged £54.25 for the Travelex one

Chris

We've read the small print and told you how to get the best value. If you don't believe us, do whatever you want to do. It's your money.
  • edited 31 July 2015 at 10:13PM
    Bubba_ShabooBubba_Shaboo Forumite
    495 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 31 July 2015 at 10:13PM
    Hi Bubba Shaboo,

Apologies for any issue with the in-App support, we've updated the service which has caused some temporary issues.

Please call us on: +44 (0) 203 725 75 83 or email us at [email protected] letting us know you are leaving on 01/08/15 and we'll get you a card sent our via next day delivery to arrive tomorrow.

:)

Thanks to Amy for sorting out the emergency card. Needless to say the original one arrived the same day :o

So card now loaded and we'll see how I get on with it on my forthcoming trip.

Many thanks,

Bubba
  • Revolut_OfficialRevolut_Official Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    87 Posts
    Hi Bubba Shaboo,

Very happy to hear you've got your card! :)

Also, you can keep your old card, it's completely inactive at the moment but if you lose your other card then we can just reactivate the old one.

Have a great trip!
    Thanks to Amy for sorting out the emergency card. Needless to say the original one arrived the same day :o

So card now loaded and we'll see how I get on with it on my forthcoming trip.

Many thanks,

Bubba
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Revolut. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"