Prepaid Travel Cards guide

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Flights, Currency & Car Hire
1.2K replies 370.8K views

Replies

• Thanks Nifty, If you mean a Halifax Clarity CC & some currency cash, then yes I have options, BUT It would be good to have some feedback on Revolut, a card/app that sounds to good to be true?
  • Hi all,

It could of course just be me pressing the wrong buttons.

I downloaded the "WeSwap" app, applied for and have received my MasterCard......BUT I am now having problems logging into my account and (for me at least!) the site is not user friendly.

I downloaded the "Revolut" app and today have managed to create an account (I think!) but each time I try to confirm my identity (using passport details) the screen says 'VERIFICATION FAILED' and then the site promptly crashes. It does appear that I have been allocated a MasterCard which will apparently be printed tomorrow and will then be posted to me......I am not holding my breath!

I will post my future successes/failures/frustrations as they unfold.

Hi there sansosteneglider,

This also happened to me when trying to verify my identity. I contacted revolut through the support function & they said that it had to be done manually.

I had to email a photograph of myself, my open passport alongside myself & the front of passport as well. Once they received these I recontacted them through the support function & they confirmed that I would be verified by later that afternoon. This was done & I was then able to put more than £1000 per year on my card.

[EMAIL="support@revolut.com"][email protected] [/EMAIL]

They are very helpful if you contact them through the app though

Hope this helps

llanedeyrnjack
  • Electro247 wrote: »
    Thanks Nifty, If you mean a Halifax Clarity CC & some currency cash, then yes I have options, BUT It would be good to have some feedback on Revolut, a card/app that sounds to good to be true?

Hi Electro,

I am yet to use the card physically as it is not due to arrive until later this week but I have converted Sterling to Euro already on Friday afternoon. I converted £300 & it was done seamlessly within seconds of me pressing the button. I got a rate of €1.4407 which gave me €432.21.

Very happy with that & there is also a breakdown of the transaction on your front screen so you can keep a record of rates etc,

I think that long term this card may make some banks reduce or even scrap some of their charges, at least I hope so,

Cheers

llanedeyrnjack
  • Hi Electro,

I am yet to use the card physically as it is not due to arrive until later this week but I have converted Sterling to Euro already on Friday afternoon. I converted £300 & it was done seamlessly within seconds of me pressing the button. I got a rate of €1.4407 which gave me €432.21.

Very happy with that & there is also a breakdown of the transaction on your front screen so you can keep a record of rates etc,

I think that long term this card may make some banks reduce or even scrap some of their charges, at least I hope so,

Cheers

llanedeyrnjack/QUOTE]

Thanks, your putting trust into Revolut, which is a positive for me but you've topped up funds/credit without yet having/received a card to be able to spend the funds/credit. My card is also somewhere in transit, once it arrives I'll top up a small amount to build some trust. The only thing that concerns me is Revolut are NOT a bank, which should be a good thing after what the banks did to help cause our recession but for some strange reason I still trust a bank more than Revelot, I suppose it's a hard habit to break but I so want the Revolut system to work as the app is superb. It's going to be difficult to place trust in Revolut from across the other side of the world with the card/app loaded up with funds.
  • Revolut_OfficialRevolut_Official Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    87 Posts
    Hi sansosteneglider,

Apologies for the inconvenience with the ID verification, if the ID verification fails can you please send a picture of your ID (front & back), your face and a picture of you holding your ID to [email protected] and we will process this manually.

There are some delays on card delivery due to a surge in orders. If you need the card urgently please contact our in-App support chat and we'll send you an emergency card out immediately.
    Hi all,

It could of course just be me pressing the wrong buttons.

I downloaded the "WeSwap" app, applied for and have received my MasterCard......BUT I am now having problems logging into my account and (for me at least!) the site is not user friendly.

I downloaded the "Revolut" app and today have managed to create an account (I think!) but each time I try to confirm my identity (using passport details) the screen says 'VERIFICATION FAILED' and then the site promptly crashes. It does appear that I have been allocated a MasterCard which will apparently be printed tomorrow and will then be posted to me......I am not holding my breath!

I will post my future successes/failures/frustrations as they unfold.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Revolut. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Hi all - first post here. Be gentle!

I'm wondering whether a pre-paid card such as revolut will be able to link to my PayPal account?
    In theory, enabling me to bypass paypal's poor exchange rates for buying goods in euros at the moment (with the actual exchange rate)?

Any thoughts?

Many thanks
  • Hi sansosteneglider,

Apologies for the inconvenience with the ID verification, if the ID verification fails can you please send a picture of your ID (front & back), your face and a picture of you holding your ID to [email protected] and we will process this manually.

There are some delays on card delivery due to a surge in orders. If you need the card urgently please contact our in-App support chat and we'll send you an emergency card out immediately.

Hi Revolut Official!

Will I be able to link the card to my PayPal account to use it that way?

Many thanks
  • I registered for revolut card and top up £ 10 didnt recieve £5 bonus did i miss something on the registration process or will it be added later?
  • Revolut_OfficialRevolut_Official Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    87 Posts
    Hi Paidineuros,

Yes you can link your Revolut card with your PayPal account.

:)
    Hi Revolut Official!

Will I be able to link the card to my PayPal account to use it that way?

Many thanks
    I am the official company representative of Revolut. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    87 Posts
    Hi oconnort,

If you missed entering the code just top up £10 or more and message our in-App support chat and we'll manually add the £5 bonus.

:)
    oconnort wrote: »
    I registered for revolut card and top up £ 10 didnt recieve £5 bonus did i miss something on the registration process or will it be added later?