Prepaid Travel Cards guide

Replies

• edited 23 July 2015 at 12:47AM
    ItsallonlineItsallonline Forumite
    2 Posts
    edited 23 July 2015 at 12:47AM
    Ok my experience so far. Verification to send over £1,000 does not work well via the app. So have to email in a picture of me holding my passport, a picture of me as well. This seems silly. Are all customers really going to do this?? Can't see it.

I am using the android app:

There is no 'my pin' section on the 'my card' tab.

Customer support is slow via the app. Probably overwhelmed. However they do respond and it seems to work pretty well.
  • Weswap Prepaid Card

Got one of these recently - loaded it fine and converted to US$ - but when trying to purchase from a US website the transaction failed.

When I contacted Weswap they indicate this is because their card is not 3D secure - (that additional password page) - which is used by a lot of retailers for additional security. I was told it just depends on the seller's site - some will want 3D secured cards - and I'll have to use my normal credit card!!! Not exactly what I wanted.

Card is probably fine for purchases in the country using a PIN or cash withdrawals but if you are trying to pre-purchase events, excursions, tickets before you go on holiday you are likely to struggle like me.

Would be nice if that had been highlighted beforehand - their website says: "You can also use your card online. This can be very helpful in buying goods or services from foreign websites".

But when their card isn't 3D secure it makes that really difficult.

They are refunding my money but the problems have delayed me and now I need to get another card Back to square 1.
  • Revolut_OfficialRevolut_Official Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    87 Posts
    Hi Itsallonline,

Apologies for the inconvenience, if you are still experiencing the PIN issue please contact us again through the in-App support or via email ([email protected]) and we will resolve this issue.
    Ok my experience so far. Verification to send over £1,000 does not work well via the app. So have to email in a picture of me holding my passport, a picture of me as well. This seems silly. Are all customers really going to do this?? Can't see it.

I am using the android app:

There is no 'my pin' section on the 'my card' tab.

Customer support is slow via the app. Probably overwhelmed. However they do respond and it seems to work pretty well.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Revolut. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Update - Show my pin is only available once the card has been issued.

Card arrived today, really well packaged. Hopefully i can use it all ok!
  • I have just verified myself via the app and it worked absolutely fine. I used my drivers license and I was verified within two minutes. I'm using the android app and there is a pin section in the my account tab, although it doesn't seem to give you the option to change it.

I've yet to top up and use the card as my trip to the US is not until September but will let you know how I get on.
  • Amarron wrote: »
    I have just verified myself via the app and it worked absolutely fine. I used my drivers license and I was verified within two minutes. I'm using the android app and there is a pin section in the my account tab, although it doesn't seem to give you the option to change it.

I've yet to top up and use the card as my trip to the US is not until September but will let you know how I get on.

Is your name imprinted on the card?
  • Not too sure, not within the app. The physical card is in my travel wallet so will let you know later. Has anyone used one of these cards to make a withdrawal from an atm in the US?
  • edited 27 July 2015 at 2:07PM
    macpep1macpep1 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    edited 27 July 2015 at 2:07PM
    I replied for the Revolut card well over 2 weeks ago, I am due to fly out on Saturday morning & already loaded the money onto it but have 'blocked' it just now in case it has been lost, I have just emailed support as I am getting a little concerned now.
    :TGratitude is the best Attitude :T
    Long Term Flylady
  • Amarron wrote: »
    Not too sure, not within the app. The physical card is in my travel wallet so will let you know later. Has anyone used one of these cards to make a withdrawal from an atm in the US?

Have you looked in your Travel Wallet?
  • Revolut_OfficialRevolut_Official Organisation Representatives - Private Messages may not be monitored
    87 Posts
    Hi macpep1

Really sorry that you've waited so long, a huge rush in orders has caused delays.

Please contact our in-App support chat letting them know you need an emergency card and we'll get it sent out to arrive before you leave.

:)
    macpep1 wrote: »
    I replied for the Revolut card well over 2 weeks ago, I am due to fly out on Saturday morning & already loaded the money onto it but have 'blocked' it just now in case it has been lost, I have just emailed support as I am getting a little concerned now.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Revolut. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to [email protected] This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"