Another missing thread?

Fridge2
Fridge2 Posts: 4,908 Forumite
First Anniversary
I started a thread yesterday about the new disabled persons minister, and it seemed to be going fine, now I log on and find it's disappeared?

Anybody know any reason why?...there wasn't anything offensive on it that I could see.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved, than those who falsely believe they are free." - Goethe

Comments

• I can make it two missing threads. I started one yesterday about a person on here that vanished. Now the person, the thread that was started not by me and my thread have all vanished.

What's the matter with this website for goodness sake.?
  • More than likely this one will vanish too.
  • Vejovis
    Vejovis Posts: 16,858 Forumite
    Fridge2 wrote: »
    I started a thread yesterday about the new disabled persons minister, and it seemed to be going fine, now I log on and find it's disappeared?

Anybody know any reason why?...there wasn't anything offensive on it that I could see.
    Are you sure yours wasn't merged, as there were two threads running?
    Birthdays are good for you. Statistics show that the people who have the most live the longest.
    Larry Lorenzoni
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    If you start a thread about a missing thread your thread will be deleted.

If you start a thread about a person who's been PPRed your thread will be deleted.

If you start a thread and it erupts into a bun-fight and MSE keep getting reports it will be deleted..
  • So why can't we discuss a person who has been PPR'd? This is Discussion Time after all.
  • Also it seems pretty rude and discourteous to actually just delete a thread without any explanation.
  • steve_ben
    steve_ben Posts: 83 Forumite
    forgive my ignorance but what is PPR'd ?
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Also it seems pretty rude and discourteous to actually just delete a thread without any explanation.

If it broke the forum rules. Why do they need to explain it?
  • j.e.j.
    j.e.j. Posts: 9,672 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So why can't we discuss a person who has been PPR'd? This is Discussion Time after all.

They say it's not fair on them, because they're not here to answer what's been written.

This isn't taking into account the fact that whoever it was can easily come back under a new user-name.. :whistle: That's the internet for you, - you can ban an ID but it's nigh-on impossible to ban a person.
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Some times when people are banned.

Its unfair to discuss as the banned individual can not come on here and defend there side of the story.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure