PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• beth3735
    Options
    • What were you reclaiming: Loan
    • Who was the provider: Lloyds
    • How much did you get back: £1159
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: I got it back after 1 letter.
    • I sent a letter to Lloyds for 2 Loans, This is the 1st payment for 1 loan. The letter was sent on the 16th of October and they took less than 2 months to issue payment as its in my bank this morning :)! They have also accepted Liability for the other loan just awaiting calculations.
    Thank you so much especially to DI who has helped me out with all my questions as I was new to all of this. :T:T:j:j

Plus I also got back £100 good will offer from MBNA, as It was an online application I didnt really have a good leg to stand on, But even so £100 is better than nothing :)

I will update when my 2nd Loan comes through xx
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    SHOULDI wrote: »
    Hi,

I just helped my mother in law, claw back over £3500 from Lloyds TSB for PPI misselling a 10k loan she took out six years ago! She is absolutely over the moon. Really happy that one hours worth of time it took to type and send a letter has brought her so much joy using a template I found on MSE. I love this site!

I'm hoping for a nice xmas gift... :)

I hope this is enough encouragement for anyone thinking about doing it.

Thanks MSE!

SHOULDI
    Well done and I bet your mother in law is so pleased and proud of you too.:T:beer:
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    SHOULDI wrote: »
    Hi,

I just helped my mother in law, claw back over £3500 from Lloyds TSB for PPI misselling a 10k loan she took out six years ago! She is absolutely over the moon. Really happy that one hours worth of time it took to type and send a letter has brought her so much joy using a template I found on MSE. I love this site!

I'm hoping for a nice xmas gift... :)

I hope this is enough encouragement for anyone thinking about doing it.

Thanks MSE!

SHOULDI

Fantasic, well done :T:T and Congratulations.:beer::j:j
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    Options
    beth3735 wrote: »
    • What were you reclaiming: Loan
    • Who was the provider: Lloyds
    • How much did you get back: £1159
    • Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: I got it back after 1 letter.
    • I sent a letter to Lloyds for 2 Loans, This is the 1st payment for 1 loan. The letter was sent on the 16th of October and they took less than 2 months to issue payment as its in my bank this morning :)! They have also accepted Liability for the other loan just awaiting calculations.
    Thank you so much especially to DI who has helped me out with all my questions as I was new to all of this. :T:T:j:j

Plus I also got back £100 good will offer from MBNA, as It was an online application I didnt really have a good leg to stand on, But even so £100 is better than nothing :)

I will update when my 2nd Loan comes through xx

WOW, brilliant.....:T:T
    Well done and Congratulations :beer::beer:

And your very welcome, so pleased for you.:A;)XXX
  • donotpassgo_2
    Options
    Today we received a final response from MBNA they have offered as a gesture of goodwill an immediate refund to hubbys account for premiums paid and associated interest. £1596:beer:
    I am however requesting a breakdown.

Thank you to all the back up with good advice from the angels of this forum:A
  • marshallka
    marshallka Posts: 14,585 Forumite
    Options
    Today we received a final response from MBNA they have offered as a gesture of goodwill an immediate refund to hubbys account for premiums paid and associated interest. £1596:beer:

Brilliant donotpassgo...:T:T:T
  • di3004
    Options

Well done and Congratulations to you hunni.:beer::T:beer::j:j

Well deserved indeed.:beer: XXX
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options

Congratuations, MBNA are not the easiest to get a result with.x:j
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • flizz2
    Options
    I started writing to HSBC in January time this year to reclaim my partners loan protection (think the loan was originally for £25k) - went through all the template letters but had to go to the ombudsman as HSBC weren't interested!

He received a letter yesterday offering £4250 ish including interest to settle the claim without admission of liability - result!
  • di3004
    Options
    flizz2 wrote: »
    I started writing to HSBC in January time this year to reclaim my partners loan protection (think the loan was originally for £25k) - went through all the template letters but had to go to the ombudsman as HSBC weren't interested!

He received a letter yesterday offering £4250 ish including interest to settle the claim without admission of liability - result!

Fab :T:T:j:j
    Well done and Congratulations.:beer::beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family