PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,
    i wrote a few weeks back on my success of my egg loan & credit card, i now have some more good news ;)

i wrote to Natwest in november & stated i have a current creditcard & loan with them & that there was another which i remembered but had no details, the current loan which is running we did not take out the PPI but because of this they added 2% onto the APR!!! so they are still looking into that, today i recieved a letter for a goodwill Gesture of £249.00 for the old loan from 1999 :T which i didnt expect!! & that my other claims are still being investigated.. it Seems Natwest always state Goodwill Gestures & not admitting fault but hayho they have still paid it out, so if you do have a really old loan go for it, you have nothing to lose!!
    Happy Xmas & will update when i hear from the others including loans.co.uk:beer::beer:

Brilliant :T:T:j:j
    Well done and Congratulations.

Good luck with your other claims.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi All,

Just to let you all know I have today received a reponse from Bcard (card was originally Goldfish) offering to refund all ppi paid plus interest plus 8% interest. :beer:

I am so excited, I was beginning to think I wouldnt get anywhere, sent original letter end of september, returned questionnaire only giving basic details and asked them to refer to original complaint. Then sent a reminder that 8 weeks had passed........then today this.

value of ppi 1560
    compound interest 667
    8% interest 326
    Total 2554:T:T:T

Thank you to Di and Marshallka for all your help and encouragment and of course to Martin.:A

For those of you just starting or still waiting keep going.......in for a penny.

We have other claims on the go will keep you up todate.

WOW, this is fab hun, Congratulations.:beer::T:beer::j:j
    So pleased for you, and your very welcome.:A:j:jXXX
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • finatra26
    finatra26 Posts: 4,106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    antsmack wrote: »
    Hi All just phoned HALIFAX about a loan that i had with them to get the account no ect and which address i should send my complaint letter to, she put me through to the com;aint dept,which a girl took my details,also that i was making a complaint about PPI being sold to me even though i get 6 months full pay and six months half pay from work,she said it will take 8 weeks to get a decision so have i done the right thing calling them rather than sending a letter

Antsmack - I fell into this trap with Halifax when asking for my CCa on my Cc - I spoke to the loveliest & most helpfull people ever................9 times!
    Still awaiting CCA
    My PPi claim which I sent by recorded delivery was resolved I month ago & still no CCA (don't need it now)
    Don't beleive them - send letter:eek::eek:
  • phil2950
    Options
    I have claimed back ppi from mbna, they say i have a claim but they are taking an age to pay me, any time i phone them up they say they a backlog, has anyone else had this problem?
    Also halifax say i have a claim, as im in arrears they say they will pay off my arrears first they pay any remaining balance to me, is there any way i can make them pay me direct, coz my argument is i may not be in arrears if i hadnt had ppi?
    Also finally my wife is claiming ppi on her halifax credit card, but she cancelled her ppi in june and so they say because she cancelled it then there is no claim to be made, is this correct or are they just trying to fob her off?
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    Just because your wife has cancelled does not mean she does not have a claim.How was she mis sold?

As far as I know all companies pay off any arrears first and send you the rest and the FOS support this.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • phil2950
    Options
    thanks for that. she was forced into getting it, she didint want it and didnt have it right until she phoned up to activate the card then they more or less made it sound like the card wont be activated unless she took out the ppi.
  • Newkid
    Newkid Posts: 48 Forumite
    Options
    phil2950 wrote: »
    I have claimed back ppi from mbna, they say i have a claim but they are taking an age to pay me, any time i phone them up they say they a backlog, has anyone else had this problem?

phil2950
    I have just got off the phone with MBNA - their time was up yesterday but I thought I would call them before adding to the backlog at the FOS & they have told me my claim is succesfull , a full refund of premiums + interest . Great

Newkid : How much will that be ?
    MBNA : That will take us several weeks to work out sir
    Newkid : I can tell you now over the phone how much it is , £810
    inc interest .
    MBNA : That has to be worked out & agreed by us & it will take up to
    8 - 10 weeks - we have a backlog

Whilst I am Happy to have won it is tempered by this lack of urgency from MBNA - as a result of changing Banks earlier this year I missed a dd payment & was contacted 4 times by phone & received 3 letters in 5 days.
    It is all one way traffic & the banks abuse their dominant position & as consumers we do not appear to have any way to impose penalties/charges on them. How I would enjoy putting a note on their credit file !

Newkid
  • pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    Then she has a good case, good luck with your claims.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • I today received a letter from Egg saying that they had calculated that my PPI insurance was £546 and that the 8% interest on that was £346 (roughly).

Now - am I being petty asking for a breakdown of the calculation?

I am just confused as to how its been calculated.

PS - I have also asked for copy statements so I can claim back any over charges. Am yet to here!
  • beginner52
    Options
    Hi room after having 1 ppi complaint upheld and still waiting for the offer ur money to be paid by lloyds !!!!! tsb 6 weeks now turned down the other 2 offers becos they were very poor how long does it take to get paid out on the offer ive accepted with tsb could realy do with the money
    Keep with it. We wrote the first letter at the end of September this year and have just received over £7,000 from the Lloyds.

There is a Father Christmas after all!!
    :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport