PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• kes75
    kes75 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options

Currently in talks with Bank of Scotland over a loan which I took out that had PPI automatically added to it - I thought it was part of the loan!

I too wrote to royal bank 8 weeks ago and still no response apart from we are looking into it. also said I have the right to go to ombusman, but not sure what to do here. They sent leaflet cause its taken so long..

ANy suggestions would be good thanks
  • seanyboy1
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: Loan
    Who was the provider: HSBC
    How much did you get back: £1,700
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: Letter
    I used the simple and straightforward MSE template to send a letter to HSBC on behalf on my step son, who had taken two loans out with HSBC. One of these he paid up three years ago at which point he took an even larger loan - I reclaimed the PPI on both loans. Received a couple of holding responses but then, almost eight weeks to the day after my letter, a full response from HSBC offering a repayment of all the PPI premiums for both loans plus 8% interest. Bonus, especially as the second loan has just finished this month - so now my step son is debt free, has £200 extra in his pocket every month and £1,700 in the bank! Suddenly he's in the best financial position he's ever been in. Thanks MSE so much - with your templates this is so easy, the fact that HSBC paid up so readily just proves how dishonest the original charges were. I urge everyone else with PPIs to write to their bank using the MSE template immediately.
  • SARAH82_2
    Options
    SARAH82 wrote: »
    PLEASE HELP!!! In january i heard about the fact that ppi is optional so therefore wrote to the bank saying that i had been missold the product i recieved a letter on 14th february saying that they would be writing to me by the 14th march as they were investigating this further i recieved a letter yesterday 28/2/08 saying that basically i had 30 days at the start of the policy to cancel therefore if i wish to cancel now i have to take out a new loan to pay off the exsisting on without ppi can they do this please somebody give me some advice am i in the wrong or the bank. I have had this loan now for 2 years it was for £6,600 and i pay £171 per month total repayable is £9,900 over 5 years can i get my money back. cheers
    very annoyed BARCLAYS CUSTOMER:mad:
    to update i have contacted the FOS and they are sending out a complaints form for me today so watch this space:rotfl:
  • Drummie_2
    Drummie_2 Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I thought this was the ppi success forum?
    Everyone on here is asking for help???
    Lets keep it simple eh?Bad enough the banks trying to confuse us!
  • giddy-aunt
    giddy-aunt Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Drummie wrote: »
    I thought this was the ppi success forum?
    Everyone on here is asking for help???
    Lets keep it simple eh?Bad enough the banks trying to confuse us!

I think that it would be sensible to read the forum topic / heading before commenting please.
    This is PPI Reclaiming successes and failures for your information.
  • Triggles
    Triggles Posts: 2,281 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! We sent Tesco loan centre a letter. They received it yesterday, and this morning they called us and said "Yes, this was mis-sold to you. We'll be calculating how much we owe you and sending you a letter outlining how it was figured out, and an amount to pay you for your approval." :j She said basically they will be refunding us all the money paid into the PPI, as the loan was completed.
    MSE mum of DS(7), and DS(4) (and 2 adult DCs as well!)
    DFW Long haul supporters No 210
    :snow_grin Christmas 2013 is coming soon!!! :xmastree:
  • alleybabes
    alleybabes Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Good on you giddy aunt u took the words out of my mouth!
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just to report after much ignorance from welcome finance- we told them in no uncertain terms that we were fed up with them faffy about- we had proof of every letter sent and so we had the forms ready to send to FOS. Apologies given and a refund inc 8% interest of over £4000 was made. Good luck everyone.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • threeofus
    threeofus Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    Does anybody have any tips re GE Money? I have a frasercard and reliase that I have had PPI at an extorniate rate for over 12 years!! I have complained twice but the bump me off saying that I was told that the cover was optional when I took out the insurance over the phone in 1996!! I was sure that I signed up for the card instore. What shall I do next, they make me furious!!!
  • lpinuk
    lpinuk Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    What were you reclaiming: PPI
    Who was the provider: Creation (Adams Store Card)
    How much did you get back: £700
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: 4 Letters, then money claim online.

What were you reclaiming: PPI
    Who was the provider: HSBC
    How much did you get back: £492
    Did you get it back after a letter or did you go to the Financial Ombudsman: 2 letters, then off to court.

Neither of the above acknowledge court claim or entered defences.

Waiting for outcome from Citifinancial (Future Mortgages) & First National Motor Finance. They have both entered defences on mcol yesterday.

Dont give up!!

Thanks everyone and Martin. Excellent website
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport