We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• terry1962_2
    terry1962_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    hi all

wins so far RBS 750 crap1 250 still waiting for payment from black horse.
    I do have one question i was sold a asu policy for my mortgage which i was told and have written proof that it was a condition of the mortgage is this illegal because if it is i will claim back

many thanks

terry
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    terry1962 wrote: »
    hi all

wins so far RBS 750 crap1 250 still waiting for payment from black horse.
    I do have one question i was sold a asu policy for my mortgage which i was told and have written proof that it was a condition of the mortgage is this illegal because if it is i will claim back

many thanks

terry

Hi Terry

Good one on cr*p one lol :D:beer::T:beer:, good luck with BH.;)

I believe you can still try to reclaim on the other because the way it was sold, go for it, good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • terry1962_2
    terry1962_2 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for reply i will go for it not sure who is responsible my broker my lender or the insurance company will write to all 3 see what happens
  • di3004
    Options
    terry1962 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply i will go for it not sure who is responsible my broker my lender or the insurance company will write to all 3 see what happens

Hi Terry

Write to the broker as they arranged this for you, but there is no harm done in sending the letter to the lender as well, but to start its always the broker, good luck.;)
  • eyeontheball
    Options
    wrote one letter to bank of scotland to reclaim ppi. one month later later they are giving me back £1,390. thanx martin.:j :j
  • di3004
    Options
    wrote one letter to bank of scotland to reclaim ppi. one month later later they are giving me back £1,390. thanx martin.:j :j

Brilliant, well done and Congratulations !
    :beer::T:beer:
  • pburns
    pburns Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    I have a car loan with Northern Rock which has been running for 3 years. I wrote to them to reclaim PPI as I believe it was miss sold. I received a letter back this morning with an offer of £1,468.00 plus £173.52 interest. My loan will also reduce by £40.00 per month for the last 12 months. I used the template from this website to write my letter and the offer came 2 weeks later. This is in fact a full refund of PPI.
  • melorablack
    melorablack Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    pburns wrote: »
    I have a car loan with Northern Rock which has been running for 3 years. I wrote to them to reclaim PPI as I believe it was miss sold. I received a letter back this morning with an offer of £1,468.00 plus £173.52 interest. My loan will also reduce by £40.00 per month for the last 12 months. I used the template from this website to write my letter and the offer came 2 weeks later. This is in fact a full refund of PPI.

Well done :T
  • di3004
    Options
    pburns wrote: »

Wonderful, Congratulations.
    :beer::T:beer:
  • Tracey1973
    Tracey1973 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Ive sent off a couple of letter regarding mis-sold ppi -1 was to lloyds tsb personal loan.Sent 1st letter from template 27/4/09 received a reply 7/5/09 saying they have passed it onto lloyds tsb insurance but may take little time to complete there enquires.How long do i give them???

Ive also sent a letter to capital one for ppi on credit card 27/04/09 received a reply 8/5/09 saying i requested it on my application form and they have enclosed a copy of app said the ppi is made clear in ppi material and is fair and not misleading!so they will not refund as all was done correctly.Is there anything i can do?i was not even aware i had it even though i signed.....

Next step im going to try with egg credit card...can anyone help or advise me im getting alittle out of my depth now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure