We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Nicky9 wrote: »
    I received a letter from A&L stating I could possibly reclaim the PPI I've been paying on an existing loan. I wrote back & have been told A cheque will arrive for around £430 (don't have letter to hand). The loan has now been cancelled & a new loan set up for the balance.

The balance of the old loan was £4,202.10 with 6 payments left - the new loan with the latest interest rate now has a balance of £4,728.36 with 7 payments left, an additional £526.26. Less the cheque they're sending me I'll be out of pocket by approx £100.00

If you're claiming on an existing loan, make sure you don't get stung by these greedy bankers.

Sorry was mean to ask this on my earlier post.....

Did you actually agree to taking out the new loan they set up?
    If not and your not happy with the way it was done, as you may be out of pocket here, you could contact the FOS, see what they have to say about this:
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/contact/index.html

If this was the case, in my own opinion I would contact the FOS, I wish you luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • ntskylife
    ntskylife Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    KT21 wrote: »
    Hi There
    Barclays are an absolute nightmare to deal,as far as i'm aware they do this delaying tactic with everyone(myself included)I Started my claim in October 08 and got exactly nowhere except the same'more time needed '
    letters.
    I took mine to FO in January and last month an adudicator found in my favour-surpise surprise ,Barclays disagreed with this and it went to the Ombudsman who agreed with the adjudictor .Barclays now have 28 days to contact me to advise how much the refund is and rearrange my loan.I'm almost there but its been a long hard slog.

Thanks for the reply KT, glad it went in yiour favour :j:j:j
  • aconitum
    aconitum Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Just had the fantastic news that HBOS are going to pay back all the PPI that hubby has paid on his credit card. Obviously they are saying it is a goodwill gesture and its because he is such a good customer but frankly we couldn't care less as long as we have the money:D. From a very shaky start when they didn't take him seriously, it was worth writing the second letter and taking a more professional tone with them. Just got to wait and see how much it is for now.....any ideas how long that will be?
  • di3004
    Options
    aconitum wrote: »
    Just had the fantastic news that HBOS are going to pay back all the PPI that hubby has paid on his credit card. Obviously they are saying it is a goodwill gesture and its because he is such a good customer but frankly we couldn't care less as long as we have the money:D. From a very shaky start when they didn't take him seriously, it was worth writing the second letter and taking a more professional tone with them. Just got to wait and see how much it is for now.....any ideas how long that will be?

Wow, well done and Congratulations.:beer::T:beer:

I think on average it may be 28 days, if you hear nothing by then, chase them up.
  • ross21096
    ross21096 Posts: 161 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    helnag wrote: »
    Wow, well done, can I ask when you initially complained to Welcome and when it was passed to the FOS??

Well done again.

I complained to welcome in July 2008 (no reply) and so passed it to the FOS in December 2008,
    my case was allocated in March 2009 and I got my result in April 2009.

Just waiting on Welcome to contact me now :rolleyes:

The PPI amount was £450, so I am very pleased with the result. :j
  • di3004
    Options
    ross21096 wrote: »
    I complained to welcome in July 2008 (no reply) and so passed it to the FOS in December 2008,

This is a wonderful result, well done.
    :j:beer::j:T:T
  • yorkshirerose
    Options
    :j:j I finally got news from the adjudicator at the FOS that Black Horse
    are going to repay the PPI + £200 for stress/inconvenience caused.

They have of course offered to settle as a 'goodwill gesture'.

Not sure how much i will get yet as they have to give me the full breakdown.

It may take up to 12 week before i get the cheque so will keep you posted.

It's been a long drawn out proccess but will be well worth the wait.

Good luck to others waiting for claims. :beer:
  • helnag
    helnag Posts: 439 Forumite
    Options
    ross21096 wrote: »

Well good for you, I always like to hear good news re Welcome. :T

Can I ask if this was a hardship case?

Sorry to sound like I'm having a moan but has anybody else noticed the random dates being dealt with by the FOS?

Me and Rosmahairy both complained in Feb/ March 2008 to the FOS but still no adjudicator, yet we keep hearing about people with cases much later being dealt with. I have asked the FOS about this and they say it's strictly date order for each company (unless of course it's hardship which is fair enough but a lot of the ones I've seen haven't been) but as we can see here this case has been dealt with a lot quicker?

Ross21096, please don't get me wrong, I really am very pleased for you. :T
    PAD total since 27/07/09 = £60.83 - [strike]Capital One[/strike]:[strike] £192.73[/strike]£27.00 Next catalogue: [strike]£429.00[/strike] £154.00
    Welcome car HP: [strike]£6090[/strike], £3900, Welcome Loan:[strike]£3370[/strike], £2660HLC #1: [strike]£907.00[/strike]£637.00, HLC #2:[strike] £838.00[/strike]£608.00
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2009 - Member #649 - Target £500...banked £119.50 already.
  • tulip1234
    tulip1234 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    aconitum wrote: »

Well done - great news. We've just received our settlement from MBNA. After submitting to the FOS it was settled in about a month.

Make sure you keep an eye on the dates and keep chasing them if you haven't heard anything.

Congrats once again:T
  • dave345
    dave345 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    :j:j I finally got news from the adjudicator at the FOS that Black Horse
    are going to repay the PPI + £200 for stress/inconvenience caused.

They have of course offered to settle as a 'goodwill gesture'.

Not sure how much i will get yet as they have to give me the full breakdown.

It may take up to 12 week before i get the cheque so will keep you posted.

It's been a long drawn out proccess but will be well worth the wait.

Good luck to others waiting for claims. :beer:
    Big grats on the win:j im still waiting on my cheque from black horse my 12 weeks is up on the 15 june so not much longer:D.Im getting back my ppi £1300+8%+£200 comp after going to FOS as well.:beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure