PPI Reclaiming successes and failures

Options

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,389 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    mrcambo wrote: »
    Hi there I’ve raised issue with capital one last January about 10 year credit card says I have misss sold ppi on it but then February they says my account was wrongly applied for so there fore can’t give me my claim then closed account I never missed payment built credit from 200 to 1400 all because I’ve wanted claim they do this to me any one any advice

They would only close your account if you asked for the credit agreement and they could no longer supply it and they feared you were going to put a complaint in under the CCA.

Did you ask them for the credit agreement?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • CalamityJ
    Options
    Hello all, I would like to ask if anyone else has had problems getting the various banks to answer through Resolver? I have opened 2 claims against 2 different banks/building societies and neither company has replied through Resolver. They have both phoned me directly. I have not spoken to them as I don't want to talk to anyone since they can be very rude and controlling. So I have sent emails through Resolver requesting that they stop ringing me and use the format to reply. No replies so far and one of them (the Halifax) continues to ring me, sometimes quite late into the evening. Why are they not replying through Resolver and is there any way I can insist that they do so? Thanks!
  • Bermonia
    Bermonia Posts: 977 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Respectfully the banks/building societies have every right to contact you to discuss the complaint you have made against them - obviously a telephone call allows for greater detail to be conveyed also allowing follow up questions, as opposed to sending multiple emails back and forth to try and obtain the same information - furthermore Resolver is notoriously poor, and the information submitted via it is often wrong or contradictory thus requiring the call to clarify.

Bottom line is answer their questions or they will assess it on the basis you are unwilling.
  • dunstonh
    Options
    I have not spoken to them as I don't want to talk to anyone since they can be very rude and controlling.

So, how can they discuss areas where they may not have information and want to ask what you may have?
    Why are they not replying through Resolver and is there any way I can insist that they do so?

Maybe they dont support resolver fully. Resolver does have issues.
    Maybe they are trying to find out information you may have which could impact on your complaint. Your refusal to engage with them can only harm your complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Dcati750
    Options
    Thanks Martin, would like to buy you a pint. I’ve reclaimed PPI from YBS and CO-OP Bank of just over £8,000. There was even a loan I forgot about. Do it yourself through the easy to fill out search then reclaim forms on Martin’s web site and RESOLVER forms. PLEASE DONT give money away to the greedy claims firms, they were useless claiming for a friend. 😀😀😀😀
  • Keeperz
    Options
    Starting to get irritated by Black Horse now.
    From original complaint on 10th October, I received a letter 5th Dec advising need extra time and so will get response within further 56 days.
    Have now had another response 31st Jan advising will be a further 56 days - on calling them, its 'due to backlog'

Worth pursuing via FOS ??
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    56 days vesus up to 2 years with the FOS. you decide.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Keeperz wrote: »
    From original complaint on 10th October, I received a letter 5th Dec advising need extra time and so will get response within further 56 days.
    Have now had another response 31st Jan advising will be a further 56 days - on calling them, its 'due to backlog'

FOS won't be 2 years, the bulk of complaints are processed now but the firm will put it on hold.

Did Black horse actually sell you the finance or are they the provider? If you bought the product (car I'm guessing) from a dealership and they organised the finance then Black horse are not liable
  • dunstonh
    Options
    Keeperz wrote: »

Black Horse often need extra time to find out information as they are not liable for many of the complaints. Only ones where an agent of Black Horse was the seller. For example, many car dealers used Black Horse for finance but the car dealer is the one responsible for the missale complaint. Not Black Horse.

So, they need to find the loan in question. Then find out who the seller was and see if it was them or someone else.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nasqueron wrote: »
    FOS won't be 2 years, the bulk of complaints are procesed now

What's the wait time now?
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback