Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 9 October 2015 at 9:13PM
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    Not good if that's the case.

I'll see if my parents receive a letter about the increase. They're currently on Anytime at £5pm so if this is correct it would go up to £8pm from 1st January. My Mum uses the phone a lot so needs Anytime so that's quite a hike.

I suppose it means I don't need to get onto her if she uses Sky to phone a mobile now as she would forget to use her mobile which is PAYG anyway.

I was considering coming back to Sky but would rather have had the old Anytime package. May just go with the E&W and use the 1000 inclusive minutes I have on my mobile anyway for daytime use.

After reading the new details, I asked the pop up box person , what my position having the £5 Anytime was and they said I could keep the package, as did the person who took my tv cancellation. However, according to messages people have had and info now on the website, this was porkies.

Someone on the Sky forum says the call centre person they spoke to told them that they are being inundated by cancellation enquiries.
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    With Sky landline call plans soon to include calls to mobile numbers, it's time to review what sort of inclusive allowance you will need on your mobile, and reduce it accordingly at the earliest possible opportunity.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes you can cancel without an ETC within 30 days of notification (not applicable to any TV service, which is a separate contract).
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have received my letter today and advised that I will be switched to Sky Talk Anytime Extra from Sky Talk (an extra £3pm), but with the first month at the old price. Gee, thanks Sky. So with the LR increase that's £4pm or £48 pa.
    Like many others, the inclusive calls to mobiles are of no benefit to me, since I have already sufficient minutes on my mobile contract.
    Has anyone else negotiated this back to a fiver a month or similar?
    I see that TT are currently offering their Anytime boost at £3.75 for 18m, and line rental is only 30p more than Sky.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 10 October 2015 at 8:46PM
    Options
    macman wrote: »
    I have received my letter today and advised that I will be switched to Sky Talk Anytime Extra from Sky Talk (an extra £3pm), but with the first month at the old price. Gee, thanks Sky. So with the LR increase that's £4pm or £48 pa.
    Like many others, the inclusive calls to mobiles are of no benefit to me, since I have already sufficient minutes on my mobile contract.
    Has anyone else negotiated this back to a fiver a month or similar?
    I see that TT are currently offering their Anytime boost at £3.75 for 18m, and line rental is only 30p more than Sky.

Sky forum people say they are adamant that only the new packages are available.

However, last year, they said that line rental savers were not available, then offered them to some, including me, claiming that the offer was only made to certain people.

The previous year, just before I joined, the weekend and evening package was discontinued, yet people on here were offered the package when negotiating whether to stay or go.

The trouble with the Talk Talk offer is the 18 month term, as it causes problems, if you get to use line rental saver over 12 month periods (just like with BT)
  • class2ldn
    class2ldn Posts: 353 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 10 October 2015 at 8:55PM
    Options
    We've had the same. It says that we can drop back to the pay as you go one which is £0 plus the line rental but we would lose our introductory offer if we do which is £5 a month off so at the mo I'm paying 11.60. If i stay on this new one it will be 12.60 (17.60-5) plus the £4 new package so 16.60. If i go to the lower one il end up paying 17 for the line rental because il lose the £5 discount so it's actually cheaper for me to take the increase. We don't use the phone but we have their broadband so I assume that would be cancelled if we cancelled the phone line?
  • jb66
    jb66 Posts: 1,705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You need to haggle with the EE deal, at least to get a credit
  • golly99
    golly99 Posts: 454 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I've signed back up to Sky on the 60% off and £100 credit, makes it much more reasonable, £30.30 with everything (£21.96 a month if you take the £100 credit over the year).

Looks like I'm going to BT for fibre, though, could only offer free fibre for a year (nothing on line rental/calls). With quidco and sainsburys voucher BT is quite a bit cheaper.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    golly99 wrote: »
    Well I've signed back up to Sky on the 60% off and £100 credit, makes it much more reasonable, £30.30 with everything (£21.96 a month if you take the £100 credit over the year).

Looks like I'm going to BT for fibre, though, could only offer free fibre for a year (nothing on line rental/calls). With quidco and sainsburys voucher BT is quite a bit cheaper.
    is that on a 12 month contract?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport