The 'May The Force Be With You' Magical Eurovision NSD Challenge!

Options

Comments

• marmiterulesok
    marmiterulesok Posts: 7,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Well done to:
    marmite
    Samiszel
    Hoipolloi
    scotmumof3
    Elliesmum

and slowlyfading who all nabbed #1 yesterday.Yay! :j:j:j

Yesterday there were allowed spends.Today hopefully will be no spends.
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    scotmumof3 wrote: »
    I was framed :D Personally I think my singing voice is angelic but how can I possibly sound good with The Goode Olde Boys "helping" me out :)

Yes,scotmum,everyone has a lovely voice when in the shower ... :p.
    It's best not to get too close to The Goode Olde Boys on stage,as I think your arrest was more 'guilt by association'.
    Elliesmum wrote: »
    Thank you - coffee please. 1st NSD today so really pleased

EM x

Igor,one coffee please.That's fresh coffee.Thank you.Honestly,you just can't get good help nowadays...
    All right, Igor, you can wear the lederhosen that knitwitch knitted for you at Oktoberfest, but this time please put some clean underpants on underneath. Tell Hubert that if he wants to dance a girl's part he will have to hurry up, there's not enough bathrooms at Ennessdee Towers for all us ladies to titivate ourselves. And who's nicked the bleeping ribbons off the maypole???' Honestly, trying to organise May Day celebrations with this lot is impossible.....( stalks off, crashes into cw who is still sat there chuntering about the pile of chairs some twonk left lying around....this month is not starting very well for the Nargle...)

Happy First of May, gang!

I am a natural beauty and do not need to titivate,thank you very much.

Hubert,leave those ribbons alone!
  • Elliesmum
    Elliesmum Posts: 1,519 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think I've come to the rapid conclusion that you are all bonkers on here (please no offence on this one).... So I know I'm in good company :D

Thanks for the Hi Scotsmum and thanks for the REAL coffee offer, we may be looking a saving the pennies but we have to have some treats...

Today will most likely not be a NSD for me. We have a local celebration today so my friend and I are going to join in. This will involve at least a drink or two :beer:

Tomorrow we have the tour de yorkshire Leeds stage ending up the road so me and the other half are planning to see that. I will try and make it a NSD by taking my own drinks and snacks.

I really should go and list something on ebay but I snug in bed with the dog and it's hard to move with a sleeping spaniel on you - any excuse :p

Well I hope everyone has a lovely day and good luck with the no spending...

Love to all - EM xx
    You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
    Plato ;) Make £2018 in 2018 no. 37 - total = £1626.25/£2018 :j
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Thank you Elliesmum.Ah,you've got us sussed all right.I would go as far to say 'totally bonkers'. :rotfl:

Now,we have a teensy weensy problemo here.We are out of coffee cups.Igor wants to know if he can serve your drink in one of his lovingly restored,'family heirloom' antique spittoons?! :eek:
    It's not as bad as it sounds,honestly.He also keeps his pilchard and mad ferret vindaloo curry leftovers in a chamberpot under his bed.

Bringing your own snacks and drinks - very MSE.I applaud you! :T:T:T

Ps today will be spendy,after all,though an allowed spend,as I have run out of bananas.
  • marmiterulesok
    edited 2 May 2015 at 8:36AM
    Options
    Ok,hands up,who is old enough to remember 'Father Ted'?

Last week was the twentieth anniversary of the first episode being shown.

As some of you might remember,Father Ted and Father Dougal performed a song for Eurosong (a spoof of Eurovision) called 'My Lovely Horse'.
    Click here to watch the episode in full,called 'A Song For Europe'.
    For those of you who itching to go straight to the video of the song,it starts 11.11 minutes in,but the whole episode is well worth watching.

The bad news is that Igor and Swedish Chef plan to do a Father Ted tribute,with Cheffie as Father Ted,Igor as Father Dougal,and hmm,hmm (oh boy) Hubert as 'My Lovely [STRIKE]Horse[STRIKE][/STRIKE][/STRIKE] Donkey',but only if he can be seen in his favourite heels and his new,shiny pink ribbons.A visit to the horse dentist wouldn't go amiss either tbh.

Stop laughing at the back!

PS there might be an ad that appears at the beginning of the video,but I don't know how to bypass it.

All together now:

# 'My lovely horse (my lovely horse),running through the fields,la-la-la-la.la-la-la-la.....' #

That's right scotmum,belt it out! :rotfl:
  • Nargleblast
    Nargleblast Posts: 10,762 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you Elliesmum.Ah,you've got us sussed all right.I would go as far to say 'totally bonkers'. :rotfl:

Now,we have a teensy weensy problemo here.We are out of coffee cups.Igor wants to know if he can serve your drink in one of his lovingly restored,'family heirloom' antique spittoons?! :eek:
    It's not as bad as it sounds,honestly.He also keeps his pilchard and mad ferret vindaloo curry leftovers in a chamberpot under his bed.

Excuse me, I wish it to be known that the ferret was not mad, he was as sane as you or I.

On second thoughts, strike that remark. Any ferret who allows himself to be made into a curry deserves all he gets.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • Nargleblast
    Options
    Ah, Father Ted, classic! You really want to watch it, yes you do, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.....

Rumour has it Chef has written a back-up number for the contest. I think it is called Chicky Chicky Bork Bork Bing Bang Bong.
  • Nargleblast
    Options
    And yes. Today I claim NSD number one for the Cauldron of Doom!
  • marmiterulesok
    Options
    Excuse me, I wish it to be known that the ferret was not mad, he was as sane as you or I.

On second thoughts, strike that remark. Any ferret who allows himself to be made into a curry deserves all he gets.

I know that we have a few vegetarians in our ranks (me included),so I'd like to make it clear that no ferrets were harmed at any point.We use ferret substitute.
    Ah, Father Ted, classic! You really want to watch it, yes you do, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.....

Rumour has it Chef has written a back-up number for the contest. I think it is called Chicky Chicky Bork Bork Bing Bang Bong.

I love Father Ted.I do,I do,I do.

Ah,Cheffie,resourceful as ever.Didn't he also write that Spitting Image song 'Throw A Chicky In The Air'?
    Again,no chickies were harmed in that song,I assure you.
    And yes. Today I claim NSD number one for the Cauldron of Doom!

The more,the merrier. :D
  • Pollygarter
    Pollygarter Posts: 248 Forumite
    Options
    Ah, Father Ted, classic! You really want to watch it, yes you do, go on, go on, go go on.

Oh yes! May I slip on my best Mrs Doyle overall and join the madness?

Am a relative newbie and still finding my way around. And been doing my best to keep my purse shut. Hadnt realised there was a challenge to do that for a set number of days. Fab. I habe three costly cost centres in the form of three teens all at home aged 19, 16 and 14. These beloved darlings are one major factor in the way of keeping the wallet shut.

I do love a challenge. I also hate not meeting my own target. As this is my first go, may I make it relatively easy for myself by setting a goal of 5 ddys. It may still be difficult...Mum...can I have etc etc.

Here we go. Now, who's for cheese sandwiches? Remembering that awful mountain of unappetising white sandwiches Mrs Doyle once created. Was it when the bishops came?
    Total debt at 18.9.17 £1950

Debts down £12,700 high in Feb 2015, £10,700 April 15, £8830 May 15, £6776 June 15 , £5857 July 15 £6970 1.3.16
    £3950 15 May 2017 £3470 July 17 £2650 21.8.17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport