We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• MasterPoo
    MasterPoo Posts: 787 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I was surfing the net last night and decided to try book my preferred hotel in CT for Christmas/NY next year, it's fully booked! GGrrrrrrrrrrr But something tells to keep pestering the hotel directly or book via 3rd party?!?!?! The search continues.......
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    Maybe not fully booked. Sometimes the dates just aren't released yet, I've found this before.
    travelover
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    :T:T:beer::beer::beer:

Let the count down begin. How many days until you go?

Too many, not going until May :( Couldn't sleep last night for thinking about it .... You have to pay for exit row seats with Etihad too, Emirates don't charge. When I queried bulkhead row she said they don't have them, surely they do - anyone?

Keep trying for your hotel MP. I've often found that sometimes the hotel's available when checking & other times it's not, then it's mysteriously available again.
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    In my experience, bulkhead row seats are often occupied by people travelling with babies. Sitting in one can be a mixed blessing.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In my experience, bulkhead row seats are often occupied by people travelling with babies. Sitting in one can be a mixed blessing.

Bulkhead row are indeed for families with small kids. But if they're empty I usually sit there if there's no exit row available.
  • deva
    deva Posts: 936 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For us it's;

Feb Riga - without kids!
    March Edinburgh - without kids!
    April- Cockermouth in large group
    May - Somerset
    June- school trip to Belgium/France
    July - Dublin
    August- Lisbon coast

I'm trying to fit Norway and Maastricht in too but when and with what money!
  • trixie73
    trixie73 Posts: 933 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just booked a week in cala d'or,Majorca for july. Never been before,hope we like it. Now got 2 hols to look forward to :j
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,158 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've been feeling an itch recently about not having anything planned so I've just booked a long weekend off work at the end of Feb (careful to avoid Valentines and Half Term!). Trouble is that I can't decide where to go. I'm not too fussed about sunshine as in recent years I've been to Prague, Krakow and Warsaw at this time of year.

Berlin, Budapest and Gdansk are on my shortlist. Any other ideas?
  • holidaysforme
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    I've been feeling an itch recently about not having anything planned so I've just booked a long weekend off work at the end of Feb (careful to avoid Valentines and Half Term!). Trouble is that I can't decide where to go. I'm not too fussed about sunshine as in recent years I've been to Prague, Krakow and Warsaw at this time of year.

Berlin, Budapest and Gdansk are on my shortlist. Any other ideas?

How about Warsaw? Been twice. Really cheap and full of history. Will be very cold though.
  • MasterPoo
    MasterPoo Posts: 787 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    deva wrote: »
    For us it's;

Feb Riga - without kids!
    March Edinburgh - without kids!
    April- Cockermouth in large group
    May - Somerset
    June- school trip to Belgium/France
    July - Dublin
    August- Lisbon coast

I'm trying to fit Norway and Maastricht in too but when and with what money!

I am LOVING your style! You are going away every month. Now you need to fill up Sept, Oct, Nov and Dec....I CHALLENGE YOU!:beer:
    trixie73 wrote: »
    Just booked a week in cala d'or,Majorca for july. Never been before,hope we like it. Now got 2 hols to look forward to :j

It makes everything so much better having a holiday to look forward to! Here's hoping you manage to squeeze something else in!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport