Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options
MasterPoo
MasterPoo Posts: 787 Forumite
I've been Money Tipped!
My next big holiday is in December according to countdown app, I have 242 days-23 hours- 2min to go:eek::eek::mad:

The only exciting thing I have coming up is a bank holiday weekend trip to Cornwall to learn how to surf!:T:cool: That's 130 days-15 hours - 2 min away!

2016 looks promising though as I have spaced them out nicely throughout the year.
  1. Cruise March - 339 Days-0 Hours-0Min
  2. USA 35 day Trip August - 465 Days - 3 Hours - 0 Min

Everyone else seems to be forever on holiday!?!?!:(

Where are you off to next, have you DIY (which is the fun part)?
If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply!

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• PeacefulWaters
    PeacefulWaters Posts: 8,495 Forumite
    Options
    I wish my employer offered the same holiday entitlement.

July. Utah road trip with a bit of Nevada, California, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. DIY. 14 days. Wife and child tagging along.

August. Krakow. 3 days. Wife, child and mother in law.
  • trixie73
    trixie73 Posts: 933 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just come back from Cyprus last week, have now got serious holiday blues:(
    Our next holiday will prob be next year now. We have gone away the last 2 new years but don't think we are this time :(
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I wish my employer offered the same holiday entitlement.

July. Utah road trip with a bit of Nevada, California, Colorado, New Mexico and Arizona. DIY. 14 days. Wife and child tagging along.

August. Krakow. 3 days. Wife, child and mother in law.

Not long to go Peaceful. How much driving is involved in the July road trip?

Your August Bank holiday, sounds like fun.....NOT!:eek:

Trixie I'll be in the middle of the bush in SA (on safari for 3 nights over NY) first time I'll be away over Christmas and NY in forever! If it's any comfort I feel your pain
  • Shelldean
    Shelldean Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Lots booked but nothing as exotic as those mentioned.

Lots of short trips mainly uk based.

Little and often is my motto this year while we kill the last of the debt
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Shelldean wrote: »
    Lots booked but nothing as exotic as those mentioned.

Lots of short trips mainly uk based.

Little and often is my motto this year while we kill the last of the debt

Little and Often sound like a great motto......I need to take a leaf out of your book!

Where in the UK are you going?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    California July...no idea where yet, flights were booked in January (business class sale) fly in to and out of LAX and have a load of hotel points to sort out lodgings...have been a couple of times before, want to go back to San Diego, Universal Studios and a few days relaxing...must get organising...77 days to go (first time I checked that!)
  • ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Off to Greece in about 3 weeks time - hope it's still there...

Only booked flights to Athens so far - then bus to Piraeus for a ferry, probably Paros or Naxos to start with. Have done this quite a few times - big difference this year is late flight landing early morning instead of very early start from this end.
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    We keep talking about a round the world trip, but something seems to stop us, have told aged mother not to die!! and told daughters not to think weddings. I have always wanted to see Tokyo and the wife wants to see New Zealand.

ps did buy some better suitcases only today........its a start!
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Caz3121 wrote: »
    California July...no idea where yet, flights were booked in January (business class sale) fly in to and out of LAX and have a load of hotel points to sort out lodgings...have been a couple of times before, want to go back to San Diego, Universal Studios and a few days relaxing...must get organising...77 days to go (first time I checked that!)

Do you mind telling me how much you got them for? I'm keeping an eye on the BA site for flights from DUB to MIA, currently 1st Class is cheaper than Business Class, not sure why???

Man are you planning on arriving and just going with the flow? Sounds like fun!

Wall I see folk on Flyertalk GOING on RTW trips, which sounds like a great plan. When you say RTW, which destinations do you plan on going to? Japan and OZ/NZ are on my bucket list for 2017.

I day dream of doing a RTW trip hitting all 7 continents!

I also dream of a day where I no longer have to take holidays during school holidays, 4 more years and I can officially join the "Term Time Holidays Allowed Club" I can't bloody wait!:beer::beer:
  • wallbash
    wallbash Posts: 17,775 Forumite
    Options
    I also dream of a day where I no longer have to take holidays during school holidays, 4 more years and I can officially join the "Term Time Holidays Allowed Club" I can't bloody wait!

Married a teacher, she retired this Easter, so I have waited 34 years.
    Hence the world trip , that or the Lamborghini ( I lost the vote)

We do have relatives in OZ , and good friends in San Francisco, but it still in the talk stage. Will put up with a couple of weeks in Cyprus and maybe a week in Turkey, this year.
    Last year managed time in the canaries and Crete , but spent more, traveling around Northumberland.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure