Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• totallybored
    totallybored Posts: 1,141 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cambodia and Bangkok for 3 weeks in August!
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ok masterpoo, I have just booked another holiday now, for next march, so now I have Sept and March to look forward to... it still seems too long a gap between holidays but it was either that or no holiday, thought I would get it now and have almost a year to pay for it...;) oh, and save up spending money... and maybe if I can save up early enough, I can start booking another one later this year for next June
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had two weeks in Tenerife in March, and looking forward to Ibiza in June for two weeks, three days in Ilfracombe in August, four days in Rome in September, two+ week tour of Patagonia, and other parts of South America in October. For 2016, so far we have booked a cruise to see (hopefully!) the Northern Lights in February. Acquiring stuff doesn't interest us but holidays do. Also need to fit in a trip to Oz next year, as my first grandchild is arriving in October.
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    Options
    :T
    Well Neil, I did warn you :D
    Disney is not a 'once only' kind of trip, especially with little ones :) :rotfl:

Have a great time, say Hi to Mickey for me! :)
    Yep. Last trip for a while... at least 12 months :)

We're going a week before Charlotte is 3, so she's still free to get in!

Hope you and the family are doing well
  • Andypandyboy
    Andypandyboy Posts: 2,472 Forumite
    Options
    We have a few planned; Lake District for the next Bank Hol weekend, Jersey in the middle of May, Portugal in July, long weekend in Brighton in August and Amsterdam in October.
  • cottyh24
    cottyh24 Posts: 188 Forumite
    Options
    We got back from New York at the beginning of March. It was a spur of the moment, last minute booking. We talked about going somewhere warm but somehow ended up in -14 degree temps in NYC - my definition of cold has drastically changed since that trip!

Our next trip is in September to Vegas, Salt Lake City, Yellowstone, Boulder, Grand Junction, Tropic (for Bryce Canyon) then back to Vegas.

I live for holidays so cannot wait until Sept.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Cambodia and Bangkok for 3 weeks in August!

Yay, you're going back. Good call! LOVE Cambodia.

Flights booked for SA 19 Dec to stay with friends in Clarens - short safari too before term time calls us back to UK.

Retirement is too many years away to count, and if the Gove lead is taken up, it'll be a hell of lot longer. Really looking forward to teaching 4 year olds, aged 70.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have my annual trip to Gulluk Turkey in early June, it was just Booked a week ago as our main holiday is a return to Sharm in October where we have rented an eight bed villa with pool. We stayed there last year and had such a great time we had rebooked within 48 hours of returning.

Both trips are for 16 nights and all done via Easyjet and independent villa owners, makes it very cheap.
  • MasterPoo
    MasterPoo Posts: 787 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sandsy wrote: »
    Next 12 months for us (me, DH, DD12,DS10) as follows:

1. Long weekend at Center Parcs Woburn
    2. Two weeks in France, travelling by ferry and car - one week in a gite in Maritime Charente followed by another week in the Loire. Never done this with the kids before!
    3. Just over 2 weeks in South Africa, mainly self driving through Kruger, then driving via an overnight stop in Swaziland to a beach lodge in northern KwaZulu Natal where we should be arrive soon enough to see turtles coming up the beach to lay their eggs.
    4. Just booked flights for a week in Dubai -accommodation still to be sorted!

One hell of a list, can I come?

SecretaryBird
    Sounds FAB, are you staying in a Villa or hotel? Do you plan to go sight seeing or just beach/swim/sun tan?

michele-p
    What started out as a simple road trip for us (Aug 2016) has now evolved into including 5 nights at Mammoth Lakes/Yosemite which I'm actually looking forward too. We enjoy hiking and some of the pics on TA look amazing, can't wait to take our shots! 5 nights with nature = BLISS!

totallybored
    How long are you spending in each place? Will you be travelling around Cambodia (which is on my bucket list)? Where will you be staying? I'm assuming you've gone the DIY route instead of package?

arthurdick
    I think paying for Flights or ahead is definitely the way to go, once you've done that you KNOW you are going! So from September you have 6 months until March, are you thinking another 6 months before the next one or Summer?

ibizafan
    How often do you go to Ibiza? Loving your holiday destinations!

Andypandyboy
    Nice! Why Brighton?

cottyh24
    -14!!!!! HELL TO THE NO! There are lots of USA trips happening. Are you road tripping it?

bylromarha
    SNAP! I've yet to book my flights, but that's the date we need to leave by, which airline will you be flying? We are going to SA too!

worried jim
    I'm off to google Gulluk Turkey! Which villa company do you use? Sounds lovely.
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2015 at 10:59PM
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    One hell of a list, can I come?

SecretaryBird
    Sounds FAB, are you staying in a Villa or hotel? Do you plan to go sight seeing or just beach/swim/sun tan?

michele-p
    What started out as a simple road trip for us (Aug 2016) has now evolved into including 5 nights at Mammoth Lakes/Yosemite which I'm actually looking forward too. We enjoy hiking and some of the pics on TA look amazing, can't wait to take our shots! 5 nights with nature = BLISS!

totallybored
    How long are you spending in each place? Will you be travelling around Cambodia (which is on my bucket list)? Where will you be staying? I'm assuming you've gone the DIY route instead of package?

arthurdick
    I think paying for Flights or ahead is definitely the way to go, once you've done that you KNOW you are going! So from September you have 6 months until March, are you thinking another 6 months before the next one or Summer?

ibizafan
    How often do you go to Ibiza? Loving your holiday destinations!

Andypandyboy
    Nice! Why Brighton?

cottyh24
    -14!!!!! HELL TO THE NO! There are lots of USA trips happening. Are you road tripping it?

bylromarha
    SNAP! I've yet to book my flights, but that's the date we need to leave by, which airline will you be flying? We are going to SA too!

worried jim
    I'm off to google Gulluk Turkey! Which villa company do you use? Sounds lovely.

hi masterpoo...as I have nearly paid off the Sept holiday and have almost a year to pay off the March holiday, plus trying to save up all the spending money, I am hoping to have both holidays paid before September and then try to book another holiday for around June but if not, it would be September again......I would love to have at least 2 holidays every year before I retire.... As for the booking holidays and flights way ahead,I have always planned it that way, I find it easier to spread the cost better and not miss the money so much, plus the knowing that we are going away, is the added incentive to pay a little bit more per month...

only 139 days to the Sept holiday and 329 days to the march holiday....
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure