Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• MasterPoo
    MasterPoo Posts: 787 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    blindman wrote: »

BookF1.com is one.

Look at F1Fanatic for info on whos going\where to sit\where to buy tickets etc.

I booked direct with the Yas Marina circuit as I could pick my seats.
    (I actually rang them up as their web-site had little choice of seating)

BookingF1 (and quite a few others) do not let you do this.

Am using Hotel points to stay near to the track as the accomodation costs are £700 per night:eek:

Thanks!

There is the option of going to Singapore, it's a country we all would like to return too, hmmmmm? Pesky school holidays again:mad::mad:
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    1trainer1 wrote: »
    Though I would join in.

202 days and counting for our big Holiday this year, we are going to the Maldives for 10 nights and 4 nights in Dubai.

Been Dubai Loads of times, think its our 9th trip as the wife loves it, I don't mind it as its relaxing.

First time going to Maldives as it was a choice between Maldives and Mauritius but realistically there was no choice as soon as Maldives was mentioned.

We are splitting our stay between 3 hotels in the Maldives and one hotel in Dubai, All five star as its going to be like a second honeymoon but we are taking our baby daughter with us as we wouldn't enjoy it without her.

Also, Got 10 days off in June so going to be looking for a last minute cruise for anywhere in Europe for the 3 of us for a week which I'm sure I will be able to find for less than £1000 all in.

if not then we will get relax at home

Maldives, SWOOOOON! Which hotels I want to check them out on TA if you don't mind?

Last time I went to Mauritius I was 12 -14 years old, would love to visit with my boys. We stayed at La Pirogue and it was an AMAZING holiday!

How much luggage has little Sarah added to your travel luggage? Going out to lunch with a baby in tow is usually accompanied with 1 huge bag that is filled with all sorts (you can never be under prepared as a parent) and the pram:eek:

Arthur
    Why won't she do long haul? [STRIKE]Could you not spike her drink?[/STRIKE]
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,141 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    I'm up for the challenge Dosh! :eek:

I know understand why Thailand is such a great destination for us Brits, great value for money.

if you think Thailand is good VFM then just wait until you get to Cambodia and Vietnam.
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Options

Arthur
    Why won't she do long haul? [STRIKE]Could you not spike her drink?[/STRIKE]

don't think that I aint thought of that way back;)
    even once thought of tricking her into a far eastern trip once, but I really do know that she would absolutely do her nut, I mean seriously..she would never talk to me again........... hang on, that does not seem too bad;)
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    if you think Thailand is good VFM then just wait until you get to Cambodia and Vietnam.

I cannot wait to visit those two places.

So much of the world to see, such little time. The other reason I love being a self employed consultant, I can take as many or as little holidays each year.

2016 I will be out of the office for over 60/70 days:beer::beer::beer:

This year I can't :(:( but who knows anything can happen after summer?!?!?!
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    arthurdick wrote: »
    don't think that I aint thought of that way back;)
    even once thought of tricking her into a far eastern trip once, but I really do know that she would absolutely do her nut, I mean seriously..she would never talk to me again........... hang on, that does not seem too bad;)

EXACTLY!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Disclaimer: Im in now way shape or form encouraging you to trick THE WIFE!
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,647 Forumite
    Options
    EXACTLY!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Disclaimer: Im in now way shape or form encouraging you to trick THE WIFE!

I like your new disclaimer;)
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • jfdi
    jfdi Posts: 1,031 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tom, YOU Sir are worthy of "The Great" in your username! :T:T I want to come! When do we leave? Where is the first destination and when?

arthurdick
    139 doesn't sound too bad!

Mine today:
    128 Days 16 Hours 35 Min - Cornwall
    241 Days 0 Hours 35 Min - SA

and the rest are too depressing to keep looking at:(
    (yes I'm that sad person with countdown to all my holidays)

Dosh
    Where in Thailand do you usually go to? Will you be going back to the same place this year? I must say I LOVE LOVED Thailand as a holiday destination, looking forward to returning sooooon!

jfdi
    Do you not plan that far ahead? Are you staying in a hotel or SC? Care to share where you are currently, so I can look at pix?

Your hubby did well for himself, after all you're as young as the woman you're feeling:rotfl::T:T

Which festival? I've never been camping to a festival i've always wondered about the a) washing and 2) Number 1 & Number 2 Situations as I HATE portaloos etc.??

SecretaryBird
    Looking at the reviews and pix on TA, it's gotten great reviews and I love that it has an indoor pool, something you don't see often. I bet it's handy on those pesky rainy days!

holidaysforme
    Some lovely destinations there. Do you not mind the driving with the Camper van? Do you make the driving and pit stops part of the holiday? Where is your favourite spot that you've taken the Camper Van?

Crispy Ambulance
    Texas in August, I'll pray for you. The upside I bet everywhere you go is air-conditioned and I doubt anything can be as bad as Thailand in April!

Blindman
    I'm sorry but I hate you right now:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    I'm hoping to take my boys to Monaco Grand Prix but I suspect it will clash with Easter, how do I know when tickets will be released, Just sign up to F1 newsletter?

cottyh24
    LOL, that scares me and intrigues me in equal measures Cotty! :eek::eek:

I really don't think I can survive until December but I'm tied to school holidays and last year Oct was ridiculously expensive, August is out of the equation:(:(

We normally plan absolutely ages ahead, but rather going with the flow this year.

Currently renting a room off a courtyard, with sep bathroom and living/ cooking facilities in the courtyard in a tiny village called figueira. It's at J22 off the IC8 which heads East from the A13 ( if you're hitting maps!). It's all woods and lakes and rivers round here. Very very peaceful and well off the usual tourist tracks. Today we visited the monastery at Tomar, which is a former Templar stronghold. Stunning!

The festival we go to is (allegedly) quite posh, not that we've noticed! Lol! Larmer Tree, near Salisbury. Originally jazz, but a bit of everything now. Headliners that I've heard of are Tom Jones, Bellowhead (yippee) plus loads of others. Five days, wed to sun. Showers are good, loos are fine. But we do take our portaloo just in case! Food excellent, real ale and cider, frozen marguerithas! What more could you want?
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • MasterPoo
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    jfdi wrote: »
    We normally plan absolutely ages ahead, but rather going with the flow this year.

Currently renting a room off a courtyard, with sep bathroom and living/ cooking facilities in the courtyard in a tiny village called figueira. It's at J22 off the IC8 which heads East from the A13 ( if you're hitting maps!). It's all woods and lakes and rivers round here. Very very peaceful and well off the usual tourist tracks. Today we visited the monastery at Tomar, which is a former Templar stronghold. Stunning!

The festival we go to is (allegedly) quite posh, not that we've noticed! Lol! Larmer Tree, near Salisbury. Originally jazz, but a bit of everything now. Headliners that I've heard of are Tom Jones, Bellowhead (yippee) plus loads of others. Five days, wed to sun. Showers are good, loos are fine. But we do take our portaloo just in case! Food excellent, real ale and cider, frozen marguerithas! What more could you want?

Everything in your reply sounds FAB! Off to google Larmer Tree
  • sidefx
    sidefx Posts: 1,235 Forumite
    Options
    1trainer1 wrote: »
    Though I would join in.

202 days and counting for our big Holiday this year, we are going to the Maldives for 10 nights and 4 nights in Dubai.

Been Dubai Loads of times, think its our 9th trip as the wife loves it, I don't mind it as its relaxing.

First time going to Maldives as it was a choice between Maldives and Mauritius but realistically there was no choice as soon as Maldives was mentioned.

We are splitting our stay between 3 hotels in the Maldives and one hotel in Dubai, All five star
    as its going to be like a second honeymoon but we are taking our baby daughter with us as we wouldn't enjoy it without her.

Also, Got 10 days off in June so going to be looking for a last minute cruise for anywhere in Europe for the 3 of us for a week which I'm sure I will be able to find for less than £1000 all in.

if not then we will get relax at home

Sounds grim.:eek:
    I'd stay at home if I were you :p;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills