Holiday Withdrawal Symptoms......Tell me where you're going?

Options

Comments

• littlereddevil
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    When in April are you going, we are scheduled to fly back to the UK on the 9th.

I wish I was leave for a holiday tomorrow I'd do anything to leave this miserable wet weather!

We are going 12th to 26th. Got BA club for 850 each( from Dublin but that's not a problem)
    travelover
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In Cape Town right now, got to be the worst place I've ever been!

Visited Cape Town twice as a young sailor onboard a Helicopter Cruiser HMS TIGER in 1973. I had a mate who had just emigrated there, and he and his girl friend were having a great time. Consequently I did too.:)
  • PompeyPete
    PompeyPete Posts: 7,126 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since returning from our month in Vietnam at the end of September we've been busy with family stuff, and have only had a 4 night midweek break with Shearings to Morecambe.

On 11 January we've got another midweek break with Shearings to Tenby and the following week another one to Torquay.

On 5 February we're off to Mellieha in Malta for 3 weeks staying at the db Seabank Resort...

https://www.chevron.co.uk/malta-hotels/mellieha/seabank-resort-and-spa

I'm not expecting it to be that warm in Malta, bit still looking forward to it. Not been since 1974 as a young sailor, and my memories are a bit blurred.

Then I'm working on a d-i-y month in Thailand and North Vietnam in May [?]. Probably top-and-tail in Bangkok, with a few nights in Kanchanaburi and Nong Khai (Isaan) on the Thai/Laos border, and the middle 2 weeks in and around Hanoi.

Happy travels, and Happy New Year.:)
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,150 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    For the first time in a long time I have nothing at all booked. I normally go away somewhere warm-ish for a few days around Christmas and New Year ((though Cyprus this time last year was cold and wet) but I've had some family commitments this year.

Looking at doing a long weekend in Europe late Jan or early Feb to use up a couple of days holiday which I didn't get around to using in 2015 but I'm not sure where.

Otherwise I really don't know and a lot will depend on how work goes. There's a chance that I could be on a enforced holiday after March if my current contract isn't renewed. Ideally I'd like to find some time to do the southern half of Vietnam after having such a good time in the north in 2014.
  • DUKE
    DUKE Posts: 7,360 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    In Cape Town right now, got to be the worst place I've ever been!

Gosh really! :( I was thinking Nepal or Cape Town for my next trip too.
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,651 Forumite
    Options
    Just sitting here thinking that this time last year we were in Tenerife, oh well, not too long until our next holiday , another 75 days to go, 171 days until the one after that, and hopefully 252 days until the one after, not yet booked that one.
    I know that we only go to Tenerife or Fuerteventura or Portugal, (missus will not go on any longer haul flights) but it is still a good break from work and it keeps me on target for 25 holidays on a ten year passport...
    it is starting to become a struggle on the money side, but it is worth struggling for.

Dosh, I know how it feels when we have nothing booked up, it's like something is missing, like the excitement to look forward to, to take my mind off having another year in a low paid job (and I do mean low paid, not like some on the employment or pension forum who think £30,000 is low paid, I do not even earn half that)
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • littlereddevil
    Options
    DUKE wrote: »
    Gosh really! :( I was thinking Nepal or Cape Town for my next trip too.

Some people love it though, we are all different!
    Now Nepal yes
    travelover
  • arthurdick
    arthurdick Posts: 3,651 Forumite
    Options
    MasterPoo wrote: »
    How many days until you head off to Jamaica? I have a countdown app on my phone, gets me excited every time I look at it.
    Ha, I also get the buzz of excitement looking at my countdowns on my little holiday spreadsheet, it is just the thing I need to get me through each day at work, light at the end of the tunnel feeling.
    Corduroy pillows are making headlines! Back home in London now after 27years wait! Duvet know it's Christmas, not original, it's a cover.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Yes have been all around and it is nice out and about. 4 days left so we are going to spend them away from the city too. Traffic is really bad, it is taking forever to get anywhere and parking is near impossible at some of the sights.
    The Waterfront does nothing for me at all and have walked all around the central streets, during the day I may say!
    Ah well it's nice to be warm

The problem with CT over the festive period is that EVERYONE and their dog holiday's in CT. I feel you pain.
  • MasterPoo
    Options
    Doshwaster wrote: »
    For the first time in a long time I have nothing at all booked. I normally go away somewhere warm-ish for a few days around Christmas and New Year ((though Cyprus this time last year was cold and wet) but I've had some family commitments this year.

Looking at doing a long weekend in Europe late Jan or early Feb to use up a couple of days holiday which I didn't get around to using in 2015 but I'm not sure where.

Otherwise I really don't know and a lot will depend on how work goes. There's a chance that I could be on a enforced holiday after March if my current contract isn't renewed. Ideally I'd like to find some time to do the southern half of Vietnam after having such a good time in the north in 2014.

Dosh are you a contractor? I finished my contract on the 18th December and I'm enjoying the time off!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure