Cheap Flights Article Discussion

Options

Comments

• _Andy_
    _Andy_ Posts: 11,150 Forumite
    Options
    the_shadow wrote: »
    hi ppl flying glasgow to malaga 2/5/13 with easyjet on easyjet website it has a box that says promotional codes, anyone know any? thanks in advance

Presumably so one can enter a promotional code into it.
  • 2012gemski
    Options
    Hi there - first time posting so please be kind :o

Has anyone heard of/used cheapflightsdeal.co.uk?

Looking for some cheap flights for next easter (2014) and these guys are saying that they get to buy a load cheap from the airlines to sell before the airlines release them. The guy on the phone said they will give you a reference number and when the flights become available ie 12 months before then this ref will get you the flights!

Want to know whether anyone has used these. Ive looked for reviews for this site and they are very few and far between so not sure.

Thanks
  • JacobChap
    Options
    Hello first time posting on here. I am looking to travel to thailand with my girlfriend in summer 2013. Flights can be either from Gatwick or Heathrow to Bangkok departing between 28- 30 july and arriving back in the UK between the 26 aughust and 3rd september. We are looking to travel BASIC and cheaply, visiting the north, central and south. I would appreciate if anyone could put me in touch with a cheap travel package company, and cheap flights. We would prefer to travel with a group.
    Thankyou
  • kizzie43
    Options
    how can i find the cheapest way to get to belgium in may . on a very tight budge
  • kizzie43
    Options
    what is the cheapest way for 2 aults to get to brugge in belgium, in may 2013..on very tight budget...need to get there for very important family occasion
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Where are you in the UK?

Which date do you have to be there?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • veebeedeals
    Options
    Goodness me why are flights to the USA sooo expensive this year? I have just looked at London to DC, Chicago, NY, Salt Lake City, Vegas etc for the beginning of August and they are all around £750! As they tend to get more expensive nearer the date of departure there's no hope of me buying tickets to anywhere in the US in 2013!
  • robertoegg
    robertoegg Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I thought I'd post my experience in the hope it helps someone else. I was looking for flights to Kenya and Skyscanner.net gave me a very competitive price using crystaltravel.co.uk. Further investigation by myself highlighted less than favourable reviews for this company with many reports of them accepting payment only to call up at a later date to inform that it was no longer available/more money was needed etc. This did not fill me with confidence! So, I used Flightcentre.co.uk to price match by submitting my simple email quote obtained from crystaltravel. Initially, I went instore and spoke with the staff who could find no flights anywhere near the crystal quote (~£1100 against the quote of ~£700) so once home I called flightcentre and spoke with a very helpful person who after some time obtained authorisation to match the quote. This had the effect of saving me 4x£400 on any other reputable quote and giving me peace of mind using a reputable company such as flightcentre.co.uk.

Hope this helps someone...

Regards,
    Rob
  • guestjim
    guestjim Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I booked a flight from Ireland that was processed in Euros. I used my UK debit card.

However, Ryanair converted it at an Exchange rate and says it will charge my bank in Sterling. The cost of that charge is £2.97 more than what my bank would charge. On just less than 50 Euros. A clear rip-off.

Moreover, there is no way to make a complaint by email/online so it is difficult to begin the process of suing them.

Maybe this has been mentioned before. But the whole system with Ryanair is to make you pay more in any trivial way they can.
  • NiftyDigits
    NiftyDigits Posts: 10,459 Forumite
    Options
    guestjim wrote: »
    I booked a flight from Ireland that was processed in Euros. I used my UK debit card.

However, Ryanair converted it at an Exchange rate and says it will charge my bank in Sterling. The cost of that charge is £2.97 more than what my bank would charge. On just less than 50 Euros. A clear rip-off.

Moreover, there is no way to make a complaint by email/online so it is difficult to begin the process of suing them.

Maybe this has been mentioned before. But the whole system with Ryanair is to make you pay more in any trivial way they can.

There is probably a tiny link on the payment page, wherein you can opt out of the conversion. Sneaky? Of course.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback