We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Options

Comments

• foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    Any chance you would let us know which site this is please?

I guess you're just too busy?
  • Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    marleyboy wrote: »
    Be that Martin Lewis has since expressed that we can carry on using this version, with the new version as optional for any existing members, I would assume this is now old news.

Assuming Martin is a man of his word, we can relax with the notion that this version will still be available to us.

I am sure that Martin is a man of his word, but he no longer owns this site. (Is his current title 'Editor-in-Chief'?)

Maintaining two such disparate systems as the present one and the new concoction will not be a cheap exercise, and the matter might not be one on which he has the final decision.
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    edited 26 March 2015 at 9:19AM
    Options
    never mind, irrelevant
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    quidsy wrote: »
    never mind, irrelevant

Are you talking about your posts? What site do you run that is bigger than MSE?
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Why do you want to know?
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,102 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    i used the new version for nearly two days ... i found it really hard to see which posts were new. especially in the comps area. i comp via newest thread and couldn't see where i had left off the previous day.

what do the green and grey and orangey blobs mean next to the threads?

the date and time is far too small.

there's too much white space
  • snowleopard61
    Options
    I don't know what the new look MSE forum looks like, but I still hate it. This is because it simply doesn't function - at all, won't load - on the main computer I want to use to access it (desktop), which has an old browser, and I have no control over the choice of browser. A classic case of "If it ain't broke ..."

I was going to post to say "Goodbye MSE", but I couldn't actually get into it to do so. For the moment, as they've reverted to the old style forum, I can still use it. I'm certainly not going to use it on a phone and fiddle about with tiny keys when I can touch-type on a keyboard.
    Life is mainly froth and bubble
    Two things stand like stone —
    Kindness in another’s trouble,
    Courage in your own.
    Adam Lindsay Gordon
  • thehappybutterfly
    Options
    to be honest I have no idea what version I'm using! My bars are green which makes me think it's the old version but there's a lot of white space which people are saying is part of the problem with the new version. Perhaps I have some sort of hybrid!

Can someone post up a screenshot of the new version?
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    New version

D0aShUV.png

9p49gC8.png
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • thehappybutterfly
    Options
    Thank you Fermi. I'm definitely on the old version.

By the looks of things the new version is in keeping with other sites like goodtoknow but I'm not sure I like it......... I'm not about to change to the new one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport