Poll : What do you think of the NEW LOOK MSE

Options

Comments

• Mandelbrot
    Mandelbrot Posts: 9,139 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Because you sound much younger in your posts ...
  • pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kimberley wrote: »

Stay on the current site that you like for as long as you like

Or

Go to the new site

It is your choice so stop having a go at those who need to improve it.

Those 400+ who hate it can stay on the old site can't they :doh:

Really? So if a new design is eventually rolled out people can stay with the old one? Yesterday people couldn't get back to the old one even temporarily.
    Nor do I understand the 'improve' comment. Maybe someone can explain where the improvements were. Because the consensus seems to be an overall loss of functionality.:huh:
  • lovinituk
    lovinituk Posts: 5,711 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Mandelbrot wrote: »
    Because you sound much younger in your posts ...
    I look much younger in real life too ;)
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    I spend a lot of time on the internet & have yet to see a website look as rubbish as this one did yesterday. All business owners understand aesthetics play a large part in the appeal of which website users chose to frequent. Migraine inducing ones tend not to fare so well. Just saying.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Yep. Me too (trying f=268).
    Maybe they renumbered it ... ;)

There was a mostly empty beta one as well you could only get to if you new the number......
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do the threads still exist from the last time the look of MSE was changed? I'd love to see some of the negative comments and see if any of those users are still here.
  • quidsy
    quidsy Posts: 2,181 Forumite
    Options
    Our opinions aren't wrong, you may not like them & maybe in your work you have become accustomed to this kind of look. BUT, we are offering a majority view, you may not agree & you may think that causing pain & additional effort for users is a small price to pay to meet googles needs but the clever business person would find a way to please both.
    I don't respond to stupid so that's why I am ignoring you.

2015 £2 saver #188 = £45
  • fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    lovinituk wrote: »
    Do the threads still exist from the last time the look of MSE was changed? I'd love to see some of the negative comments and see if any of those users are still here.

The testing account I was using still has 151 posts as it did before, so seems they still exist and not been soft or hard deleted. Just that whatever boards they reside on now is not one that is accessible to us.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • lovinituk
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    quidsy wrote: »
    Our opinions aren't wrong, you may not like them & maybe in your work you have become accustomed to this kind of look. BUT, we are offering a majority view, you may not agree & you may think that causing pain & additional effort for users is a small price to pay to meet googles needs but the clever business person would find a way to please both.
    I appreciate your opinion but a couple of hundred users voting on this thread out of a user base of thousands is hardly a majority!
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    elektra wrote: »
    I recently discovered you can't delete closed threads/posts.

This feels like deja vu. I didn't stay on the changed forum yesterday so have no idea if the *bugs/feedback I reported last year were acted upon. I doubt it was though ( reading from espresso's post and others) and as it was never acknowledged.

I see the original poll from this thread has been replaced.

* just tried searching for those posts so I could re-test on new version but can't find the posts.
    That thread (in fact the whole sub-board it was on) seems to have been pulled by MSE - or maybe they have just restricted it further?
    So instead of just quoting/linking to the old posts in the new 'Bugs Bugs Bugs' thread, they expect us to input things that still need fixing from scratch.

I think they've merged this with a different thread on the subject, also with a poll, and the poll related to what is now post 2 in this thread has been supplanted.

Simultaneously several posts have disappeared, I feel.

Judging by the current post numbers in this thread, and what I remember from replying earlier*, what I suspect is that most or all of the other posts originally related to the new post 1 have gone, and possibly one or two related to the post 2 thread.

* I say this based on Martin having a post at 122 or 123 when I replied at 2 am to his post ~83, and it's still close to that number

Whether the missing posts are by accident or design, I'm not sure. Usually in vBulletin merging the two threads would merge all posts, but if they ticked only the OP as a post not a thread maybe its following posts were lost by inadvertence. I'm guessing though, but this sounds more likely than censorship.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure