We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spring into Spring with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good for you, wizkid and selement.

Commiserations if you’ve put on/STS.

Hello, fuddle.

Hope you’re better today, wizkid.

Not sorted menus yet; not been in the mood. Back tomorrow.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening all
    Dear me today seems to have been insufferably long! I was up early to go to church so maybe that's why. And then when I got home and attempted to cook OH's breakfast the grill went kaput :mad: so we went out and bought a very snazzy new George Forman :)
    I had been so good and then last night I had two chunks of crusty white bread! Am so mad at myself :mad: I even managed to enjoy an alcohol free Kopparburg and stay within syns but then I ate that damn bread :mad: I've been so good today, I hope I at least lose the pound tomorrow that will get me back in target so I can just say see you in three weeks! :p
    Today's menu:
    B: Coffee with HEXA s/s, HEXB 2 x Alpen Light
    L: LMC red onion sausages, beans, scrambled egg. 2 x bananas, NAS Ribena
    T: Chicken minus skin, mixed veg, Aunt Bessie's Homestyle Roasties (5 syns) honeydew melon NAS Ribena. Oh and 1 syn for some mango chutney.
    S: Smoked salmon, ham and chicken salad. Bag of Walkers Baked Stars (4.5 syns) NAS Ribena, mango and strawberry tea.
    Syns: 10.5
    Thanks for the kind words everyone. Hope everyone's ok xxx
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • Saver-upper
    Saver-upper Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Haven't eaten as much today,and certainly not overflowing with speed foods.But within syns.
    Breakfast: SW potato rosti (contained potato,garlic,dill,spring onions),served with bacon,poaches egg and an oven-cooked tomato).Had never tried it before,and it was lovely.
    Snack:an apple
    Lunch: very rude soup :rotfl:(chicken,carrot,onion,leek)
    Snack: cold sausage (2.5syns),2 Go-ahead bars (7 syns)
    Snack:a biscuit (3 syns)
    Tea: wholemeal toast with 1/2 teaspoon Flora light (1/2 syn),Marmite,2 WW sausages (reheated by accident by OH so needed to be eaten:1 syn),Fruitopolis (1/2 syn)
    SPC #36 :staradminx 8.SPC7=£751.10 SPC8=£651.04 SPC9=£843.00 SPC10=£872.76
    Pinecone £301,Valued Opinions £10.50

• Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Have been a bit awol recently as work has been so busy that I have been bringing stuff home to do.

Shala can you put me down for 8lbs to lose this challenge please but can you also put me down for a 2lb loss last week. Thanks. WI tomorrow night and not sure if I will have lost anything this week as I have been eating so much rubbish - totally stressed! Never mind only 5 weeks to the holidays and then another week and I will be off on my hols.

Congrats to all those who are losing and good luck to everyone else.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Just so you're aware, 0% yogurts aren't all syn free - the Yeo valley vanilla yogurt that appears on that link is 6 syns for a large pot.

LL :)

Onken are really bad for syns as well the low fat ones!
  • lantanna
    Options
    smiley-sick005.gif Thanks for this Shala, a new Simile always cheers me up

I'm not the best but in work and getting on with it, last week was not good a man in my works partner died of cervical cancer leaving their child behind and she was 29. Can't remember if I posted about this I had it in my head she was 33 no 29 : (
    The birthday was rubbish with feeling ill and scared and the weekend had lots of sporadic bouts of crying for no apparent reason because I can't do what I want to do and I am so bored and fed up. I would just like to wake up and have one pain free day. There is also some friends I can tolerate at the minute and some I totally can't :rotfl: being unwell does strange things to your personality and behaviours.
    I can of course tolerate you lot of course :rotfl:

I was doing some research last night and I'm going gluten and caffeine free this week to see if that helps me at all. Last night my stomach felt like it was under attack. I got a book an E Book written by some man who had his GB removed and loads of problems both before and after and he suggested those to try as well as a whole list of other stuff but I'm starting with those.

Interesting he says that the GB basically becomes redundant when you go on a diet and you eat low fat and then if you start to eat it again it can't cope - I'm wondering is this what happened to me when I went of the rails at Christmas! Although I had they symptoms before did I make it worse unintentionally. I'll never no for sure but interesting all the same.

So that's were I am now.

I also hate to say it but I had to go to Tesco at 7 am and buy a new pair of work trousers in a 14 so that's me up from a Size 10 to a Size 14 - well done Lantanna :T I'm depressed enough as it is without the world looking at the mounds of bloat hanging over the size 12s.

I did have to change trousers in the car as I was in a pair of Size 16 horrible brown ones that I found on my search for a pair of 14s in the house over the weekend, bought some and drove car to remote area in car park and got changed!:rotfl:

At this rate I will be sorry I got rid of the Bucket knickers. :rotfl:
  • shala_moo
    shala_moo Posts: 3,272 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :wave: just popping in, hope you're all having a great bank holiday!!

We have been eating loads on hols :o but also walking loads so who knows what will happen Thursday!

Lantanna - I hope they haven't got much CCTV round your area... :rotfl: hope your caffeiene/gluten free helps xx

Right off out shopping in the sunshine, so glad the weather is nice :D

big hugs to everyone xx
    Mortgage amount at 31/12/2011 £166,050 now £0 as at Sept 21 - 15yrs 4 months early.

• greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,411 Forumite
    Options
    Great to see you back, Maisie, and well done on loss.

Sending hugs to you, lantanna.

Well, I am ashamed to say it’s +3lbs for me this week. When I reviewed my food diary, I knew it was coming – that’s why I was fed up yesterday. It’s all my own work too. Yes, I’ve been planning my meals, but this week especially, I’ve been sticking to plan - with lots of little extras. Little extras all add up. I need to improve how I put it into practice. So this week, if it’s ok with you all, I’ll post my plan for the day, trying to make it much more specific, then review it at the end of the day. I’m hoping this will make me much more accountable.

Watchpoints this week (so far)
    Wednesday: car has to go for MOT & service for 8.30, so early rise. I’ve booked a “while you wait” appointment, so I hope to be home for lunch – I live in a rural area, so I have to take car into town. DH has stuff to do in same town, so he suggested we go out for lunch and then do some other things together.
    Saturday: Scottish Cup Final (so excited already); whole family is going so we’ll probably have a meal together afterwards somewhere, either to cheer us up (BOO!) or to celebrate (YAY!).

Monday
    Breakfast: hexb 35g Dorset muesli, big handful of raspberries, splash hexa milk
    Lunch: hm tomato soup, Shape 0% yogurt, fruit
    Dinner: pasta Bolgnese, parmesan (1½ syns), mixed salad
    Snacks: make a choice - not all!:
    2 ryvita dark rye crispbread (3 syns)& 2 hexa laughing cow light cheese spread triangles, tomatoes
    2 ginger nuts (5 syns)
    Special K crisps (4½ syns)

Even if I have all of the snacks, I'd still be within syns, but I'm not planning to have them all.

Here’s hoping!

Good luck to all of you.
    Sewing 83/COLOR]Woollies 9Card s 47Reading 23/40
  • meg72
    meg72 Posts: 5,164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    lantanna wrote: »
    smiley-sick005.gif Thanks for this Shala, a new Simile always cheers me up

I'm not the best but in work and getting on with it, last week was not good a man in my works partner died of cervical cancer leaving their child behind and she was 29. Can't remember if I posted about this I had it in my head she was 33 no 29 : (
    The birthday was rubbish with feeling ill and scared and the weekend had lots of sporadic bouts of crying for no apparent reason because I can't do what I want to do and I am so bored and fed up. I would just like to wake up and have one pain free day. There is also some friends I can tolerate at the minute and some I totally can't :rotfl: being unwell does strange things to your personality and behaviours.
    I can of course tolerate you lot of course :rotfl:

I was doing some research last night and I'm going gluten and caffeine free this week to see if that helps me at all. Last night my stomach felt like it was under attack. I got a book an E Book written by some man who had his GB removed and loads of problems both before and after and he suggested those to try as well as a whole list of other stuff but I'm starting with those.

Interesting he says that the GB basically becomes redundant when you go on a diet and you eat low fat and then if you start to eat it again it can't cope - I'm wondering is this what happened to me when I went of the rails at Christmas! Although I had they symptoms before did I make it worse unintentionally. I'll never no for sure but interesting all the same.

So that's were I am now.

I also hate to say it but I had to go to Tesco at 7 am and buy a new pair of work trousers in a 14 so that's me up from a Size 10 to a Size 14 - well done Lantanna :T I'm depressed enough as it is without the world looking at the mounds of bloat hanging over the size 12s.

I did have to change trousers in the car as I was in a pair of Size 16 horrible brown ones that I found on my search for a pair of 14s in the house over the weekend, bought some and drove car to remote area in car park and got changed!:rotfl:

At this rate I will be sorry I got rid of the Bucket knickers. :rotfl:

Really interesting about the GB being redundant and not able to cope, this would explain why so many have the problem after losing a lot of weight.

So sorry you needed a bigger size in trousers love but did giggle thinking of you changing in the car park. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

You are doing well with what you are putting up with hopefully will soon be sorted.
    Slimming World at target
  • lantanna
    edited 25 May 2015 at 12:23PM
    Options
    Even I get a laugh at myself lol, only I would be changing trousers in a car park like it was normal! I was in the car though folks just incase anyone thought I was just standing there lol

I told my mother and she's had a little laugh about it too lol

I can still get into the 12s just not liking the bloat hanging over lol and feel very self conscious but I will be back in them again! This is the one and only pair of 14s I'm buying.

I think I only had one pair of 14s before anyway, I sort of went from a size 16 straight into a 12 coz I let it go on for too long until the 16's were beyond hideous coz I was getting fed up at that stage of shelling out all the time.

The ones I got this morning were £6 a small price to pay to feel comfortable in work :rotfl:Its not the end of the world it could be much worse.

I've written myself a little list of small manageable tasks I can do right now and small things to make myself feel better such as using hand cream, going for a little walk, reading a chapter of a book, tidying one corner etc so I'm working on that this week :T A gallbladder will not defeat me :D I really have to get a grip with myself sometimes and cajole myself along and out of it or else I'll end up in bed, not going to work, not talking to anybody crying. I am hard hard work.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure