We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spring into Spring with Slimming World

Options

Comments

• Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    Options
    Smedley wrote: »
    I have noticed that only the natural Yoghurts are fat free and Free when 0%. I have never seen a flavoured Yoghurt as Free. I was not really thinking further than trying to offer possible brands and ideas.

Sorry Smedley, I'm not being argumentative, but there are syn free fruit yogurts as well as natural - Muller lights, the Nume range at Morrisons, WW to name a few. In fact the WW ones include thick and fruity and dessert recipe flavours that are a bit less run of the mill, more of a treat.

LL :)
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,970 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Right I need some advice from my lovely SW friends.
    I need to try to get on plan.
    My heart is not in it but I recken I have put on 3/4 of a stone in three weeks & obviously that cannot continue.
    I have just had a costa coffee & malteasers cake.
    Because I cant be bothered & I get 70% off.
    Help!!!!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teallach
    teallach Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks everyone. To give you an idea of my typical day, here is my plan:
    Breakfast is almost always weetabix minis with strawberries, raspberries and melon and fat free Greek yoghurt. Weetabix is my healthy B
    I have a skinny latte when I get to work. Healthy A
    For lunch I have an M&S yoghurt which is 2.5-3 syns depending on flavour and one of their pots of fruit
    When I get home, I try and get my syns up by having something like a two finger kit Kat or something else around the 5-6 syns mark
    Dinner is usually a home made SW recipe with extra veg, often broccoli
    And a Muller light (skinny cappuccino) is my snack to finish the day

This is actually way more than what I used to eat before starting the plan, so I've never felt the need to cheat. In fact, at first I wasn't eating enough syns so I really have to remember and take them even when I don't really want them!
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Try to relax and enjoy half term tie. You certainly need some R&R.

beanielou wrote: »
    Right I need some advice from my lovely SW friends.
    I need to try to get on plan.
    My heart is not in it but I recken I have put on 3/4 of a stone in three weeks & obviously that cannot continue.
    I have just had a costa coffee & malteasers cake.
    Because I cant be bothered & I get 70% off.
    Help!!!!

Sometimes you have to get to that can't be bothered point to push you to do something about it.

I'd start by trying to make a SW meal plan for the week. Have a look at what you've got in and make a list of the minimum you could shop for to put meals together. Anything synful that you've got in, try to eke it out so that it's spread over time and don't buy any more. And I wouldn't be me if I didn't say make sure you have plenty of Speed food!! Perhaps start by making a big pot of soup (preferably a SP one) that can fill you up and be comforting at the same time.

lois, you're right. I know Aldi have some own brand fruit yogurts that are syn free. Personally I rarely eat yogurt but I buy DH a big pot of plain, fat free and he adds his own fruit. I think it was Scarlet who asked and if we knew where she mainly shops we could look up some brands.
  • fuddle
    fuddle Posts: 6,823 Forumite
    Options
    Hi :)

I have cheated and bought 2nd hand booklets of slimming world. There is extra easy info in there so I am going to sit and get to grips with it when the kiddies go to bed as well as looking in on your thread.

I like the look of it because it's scratch cooking so that means y family can eat the same sort of things without necessarily knowing they are dieting etc and I only have to do one meal.

I am going to start tomorrow :) :wave: looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • jpscloud
    jpscloud Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Hi fuddle good to "see" you again! :wave:
    I believe in the freedom of spinach and the right to arm bears.

Weight loss journey started January 2015
    -32lbs
  • wizkid1
    wizkid1 Posts: 1,833 Forumite
    edited 24 May 2015 at 7:07PM
    Options
    teallach wrote: »
    Thanks everyone. To give you an idea of my typical day, here is my plan:
    Breakfast is almost always weetabix minis with strawberries, raspberries and melon and fat free Greek yoghurt. Weetabix is my healthy B
    I have a skinny latte when I get to work. Healthy A
    For lunch I have an M&S yoghurt which is 2.5-3 syns depending on flavour and one of their pots of fruit
    When I get home, I try and get my syns up by having something like a two finger kit Kat or something else around the 5-6 syns mark
    Dinner is usually a home made SW recipe with extra veg, often broccoli
    And a Muller light (skinny cappuccino) is my snack to finish the day

This is actually way more than what I used to eat before starting the plan, so I've never felt the need to cheat. In fact, at first I wasn't eating enough syns so I really have to remember and take them even when I don't really want them!

Hi looks good too me, Lunch could be more than yoghurt and a pot of fruit .
    but sometimes if it's not written down you can slip up. I know it's tedious but I feel it's worth it, and if your writing your'e NOT eating lol.:rotfl::rotfl:

This will be my Monday menu plan....

Breakfast. Porridge A/B blueberries, strawberries ,

Lunch. Split pea and veg soup, ham B salad sandwich 6 Syns pear

Dinner. Egg,Beans S/W chips tomato beetroot, clementine x 2

Supper/ Snacks, milky coffee A. 2 Gullon digestive 4.5 Syns 2 Ryvita 3 Syns Orange, yoghurt FF.

A milk A milk B porridge B sandwich
    13.5 Syns
    Water, NAS Vimto, Lemon squeezed into hot water. Before breakfast.:D:D:D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    B HEA s milk and HEB 35g shredded wheat b/s. Banana
    L. Boxed salad.(no dressing) ham, cherries
    D at my parents. Main meal was syn free. Chicken breast cooked with chopped tomatoes, red wine vinegar, cherry tomatoes, red pepper (a Dame Mary Berry recipe from an old M&S cook book, cooking for slimmers) with courgette, carrot, cabbage, potato, green beans. Pudding was a torte which I worked out as 9 syns. Plus 6 syns for wine
  • blue_eyed_girl
    blue_eyed_girl Posts: 3,382 Forumite
    Options
    Go on then - squeeze up a bit and let me get back on the wagon faaaaassssssstttttttttt please. Had a wonderful time away which included some amazing food. Did I take SW away with me - the simple answer is a big fat NO. Really struggling to get back on it now that I am back home so you may need to keep shouting at me. Thankfully I have booked a holiday from class tomorrow so that might give me a bit of time to behave myself before weighing in. Had an allergic reaction to 'something' whilst I was away (spent yesterday morning in A&E) - it could have been meds I have been on recently. I wasn't a raving beauty before but my face is so swollen and red it looks like one of those pics you see on tv where cosmetic surgery has gone wrong - not a pretty sight. If no better I have to go to drs on tuesday. Oh by the way - just for the record I got to wear new dress and little cardi whilst I was away and felt a million dollars in it. :rotfl:

Sorry I have commented on old posts but I have just got around to trying to catch up with you all. Well done to all the losers and STSers. Hugs for anyone struggling.

Oh my goodness Denise - thanks so much for the heads up on the Tesco Pulled Pork. :eek::eek::eek:

Just looked up Lidl Braemoor Slow Cooked Brisket in Bourbon BBQ Sauce - 2 syns per 100g (500g pack) and serves 3 I think. Cannot remember if this is the same as I tried before.

Totally agree meg - Northumberland is a truly fab place to relax. :D

Hope you are feeling better soon Mrs R. Think your consultant may have redeemed herself and got into your good books for now ;)

I can understand your poor Mum lantanna. You always wish it was you (as Mum) that was going through things instead of your kids - no matter what age they are. ;) Hope all goes well for you. xx

Well done on your win with the Dating Agency meg :T:T:T

I would have thought you would need to lose more than 10lbs to go down a size candy - would have thought more like 1st+.

Welcome aboard ScarletMarble. :hello:

Well done on you progress so far Sandhy - if we can help you just shout up :D

Enjoy Brighton shala. Only planning on a 7lb gain - you can't be planning on eating much then :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Dreading wi this week for me :eek::eek::eek:

Pleased to hear DS is on the mend hanert. As far as I understand - food diaries are a weekly thing - hand them in at class - consultant checks them through the week and if there are any big mistakes on them she will give you a call before the following class. If everything is ok with them then they will probably be returned at next class.

Hope you're feeling better wiz

Could you try adding more variety into menu Teallach and give your system a bit of a shake up if you have been having the same things each day. Even just varying your HEs can sometimes help. Are you drinking sufficent fluids? Good luck for next week.

Welcome to the gang fuddle :hello:

For our meal tonight we had joint of beef cooked in SC and it made amaaaaazzzzzzing gravy. As far as I am aware - it was syn free. Thank goodness there is some left for our meal tomorrow.

Enjoy the holiday weekend whatever you are up to.

Sorry for rambling on.

b_e_g
    SPC NO 041

STARTED SW 04/14 - TARGET 05/16 - TOTAL LOSS 10ST 3.5LBS :dance:
  • teallach
    teallach Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks blue eyed girl, I'm liking this thread...you guys are all so friendly!
    I don't drink much through the day as I generally only drink when thirsty and forget otherwise! Having said that, on Friday and Saturday I decided to make a conscious effort to drink more and did. With that and then having an extra easy sp day on Saturday, I was expecting to lose, not gain a load!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure