PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Garden Fence - help and support in tough times

Options

Comments

• silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Wishing your DS all good luck Nursemaggie. Only Japanese I can remember is Warkarimaska (sp?) & thats from the Shogun series probably before your DS was born!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    silvasava wrote: »
    Wishing your DS all good luck Nursemaggie. Only Japanese I can remember is Warkarimaska (sp?) & thats from the Shogun series probably before your DS was born!

Hai. Wakarimas:D I looooovve Shogun:j Both the book and the tv series. My Japanese isn't half bad - as long as I need to talk abut Samurai:j
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • karcher
    karcher Posts: 2,069 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 July 2017 at 9:55PM
    Options
    Mmmmmm. Maybe tomorrow:D

Karcher did you find your bed last night?

I did once I re-arranged [STRIKE]chucked[/STRIKE] them onto the floor....:whistle:...

All present and correct on their appropriate shelf now though :D after giving myself a stern ticking off ;)

Nursemaggie all the best to your DS tomorrow :)..and well done for sorting the airing cupboard. I feel better knowing I am not alone in my tardiness ;)

Burtha mixed feelings for you I'm sure but ((hugs)) to you either way :)

Monna Furious on your DS's behalf, that is really not on :mad:. Evidence must be kept for when they move out. As someone said earlier there are both good and bad landlords/tenants and I'm sorry your DS and family have encountered a bad LL :( whilst Hester is burdened with a PITA tenant :(
    Hester's tenant and your DS's LL would be a far more equal match!

x
    'I'm sinking in the quicksand of my thought
    And I ain't got the power anymore'
  • ivyleaf
    ivyleaf Posts: 6,431 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Wishing your DS good luck nursemaggie

The people in the new build across the road had a noisy birthday celebration in their garden yesterday, but did turn the music right down and moved inindoors at midnight. There was still quite a lot of noise as they left the back door open, but I'd bought some foam earplugs recently :D
  • burtha
    burtha Posts: 903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hope the exam is going ok nursemaggie , Fingers crossed .
    £223/ £250 GC
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Options
    He should have finished an hour ago. He will need to eat and then I expect it will be a struggle back from London on a Sunday. our Station is closed and I expect there is work all over the railway.
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just watched a programme on TV about the making of kimonos so wondered how your son thought he got on NM. Hope it wasn't too stressful for him and he did well.
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • ivyleaf
    Options
    Oh poor lad nm, I'd assumed his exam was in Manchester!
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope your DS got on well NM, I would have thought the exam was stressful enough let alone having to travel so far.

Gearing up for my holidays, we finished school on Friday for 6 weeks and I'm off to France on Thursday. The freezer is empty and switched off, fridge looking a bit bare, must make sure I actually have enough in for the next couple of days!

I'm hoping the weather is better when I'm away, it's been dreadful here - highs of about 15 degrees and constant rain, gets a bit depressing!
  • ivyleaf
    Options
    I hope you have a great time and lovely weather Camelot :) Whereabouts are you going (i.e. which part of France?)

We had roast chicken last night; it was very nice, especially as I hadn't cooked a whole chicken for some time so it was a bit of a treat, but oh dear, the fat spat dreadfully and we had to open the back door and all the downstairs windows to let the fumes/smoke out :o
    The oven badly needs cleaning but neither of us can get down to do it. I'll just have to do the bits I can reach!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport