PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 23rd February 2015

Options

Comments

• mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Enjoy Steven hawking Narco it's really really good.
    Just rung Drs apparently they concur with my google diagnosis so I neednt take her back tomorrow as they'll most likely be seeing us next week for the blood results anyway. Popped round to tell her not to use the water bottle anymore need to get on with prepping food now, tonight is veggie haggis with mash and cabbage.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    So glad about the news re your Mum, Dusty x
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We're very sad, here. Mrs Dog's condition deteriorated and I had to make the decision. I always, always, always think I'm calling it too early and by the time the vet's been and it's happened I realise it wasn't too early at all.

I think the vet was quite shocked. A urine test yesterday showed no evidence whatsoever of anything untoward despite my misgivings. While she was here waiting for the first, second and third sedatives to calm Mrs Dog down enough so as not to frighten her while the inevitable happened, the evidence that something was very wrong became all too clear.

The plan was always to have a break before I get the next dog however, as I was shoving all of Mrs Dog's things where I can't see them and vacuuming up all of her biscuit crumbs, I realised if another deaf, ex-stray collie or collie-type female becomes available, I'll be halfway across the country to go and meet her before the ink's dry on the computer print out. If anyone hears of such a dog please let me know.

I loved her so much, even though she'd only been with us for about 18 months. I'll never understand people who can just abandon dogs; she was loyal, loving, capable of giving so much happiness and never the slightest trouble. She asked to go out when she needed to, she was gentle, quiet, peaceful and happy. It feels a bit bleak without her, and it'll be a while before I stop being surprised she's just not there any more.
    Better is good enough.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Honeybear, I'm so very sorry to hear your news. It takes an incredibly loving and caring owner to make that decision. Hugs to you and yours.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Pollybear
    Pollybear Posts: 3,235 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I am so sorry Honey Bear. I've still got a springer sized hole in my heart. x
  • juliejim
    juliejim Posts: 7,943 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hugs Honeybear - I'm so sorry. x
    NST #10 Steps 7K 2/30 10K 2/12 5 a day 3/30 NSD 0/20
    MBNA £5500
  • mummyroysof3
    Options
    Oh honey bear I am sorry to hear that x
    Have a Bsc Hons open degree from the Open University 2015 :j:D:eek::T
  • System
    System Posts: 178,109 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    So sorry to hear your news Honey Bear :-(
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That's brillinat news dusty I hope her she starts to feel more positive now.

Oh honey bear I'm so sorry to hear about Mrs dog. I remember when you found her and was so pleased that she'd found someone like you. I'm sure you brought her as much contentment as she did you xxx

Still not much flying gone on... DD has got her first swimming badge tonight and I'm really hoping a space in the next group comes up on a Monday, so we can have both to the sports centre on the same night. Other than that, we've had tea and bedtime stories, and that's about it. I'm finished at work but feel pooped so might leave things till tomorrow.

I did get a wash done. Oh, I need to go in the garage and fight my way into the boiler cupboard as the bathroom light has tripped the upstairs circuit. But I might leave that till morning.

Also need to look where I'm going after funeral on Friday as inlaws are going to meet me there with the kiddies. And must ring my dad to tell him I'm coming.

Have booked extra breakfast club slots for when inlaws are on hol next month, and I have a fixed rate isa maturing too so I've decided what to do with that, and checked what paperwork I need. Also remembered I owe the kids some money. They each had £500 in their accounts 2yrs ago, which was earning zip, so I put it in my isa (they can't have junior ISAs yet, and the CTFs were rubbish). So I'll work out how much interest to pay them, then hopefully they can have junior ones soon. Must look into that.

Honestly, these kiddies have more money than me!
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,909 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    HB hugs xx

wrk done
    dinner done
    I feel worn out tonight so not doing a lot
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 80/80km (10.06.24 all done)
    Sun, Sea
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family