PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 23rd February 2015

Options

Comments

• just_the_two_of_us
    Options
    Morning everyone - been awake what feels like all night!

Up now and bed stripped ready to wash, shower done and just about to breakfast. Off for a long walk first thing before the rain! Enjoy yours Dusty. x

Well done Narco - have you tried any town with a pier for penny arcade - could cut out the auction fees then?

First plan on clearing the landing - I swear Dusty travels to our homes virtually before doing the day's list! LOL

Have lots of calls to make and seem to be on a roll with those so will get on.

Physio for MOT - well overdue but can't wait to see her face when she sees me as 5st lighter than the last time!

Need to book hospice apt for new lymphoedema sleeve fitting as that will need to be a smaller size and need for flight in June.

Breast Care at hospital for a 2nd bra - fed up of trying to wash and dry mine overnight!

An early warning - I may go off thread for a week or so soon as it is my "anniversary of 1 booby in the bin" and I always seem to get down at that time - 19 years on 14th March - I was so lucky.

Hugs to anyone needing them and sticks and spoons for anyone else.
    July 16 £95/£200
    Nov 16 £0/£200

"To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don't need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." Thich Nhat Hahn
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Dont quite know how I am going to survive today. DS1 woke me up at 2am saying "Mum I feel really ill". Looks like he has the same bug as DS2 - very sore throat developing into awful cough. DS2 still looks bad after 4 days and what am I really worried about? The fact that school are sending out attendance letters and DS2s attendance is only 88%.

So it was another night listening to a son fidgeting and coughing. Poor thing.

But work calls and its going to be busy. Hot shower, bowl of porridge and into action I guess.

And yes, I have a pile on my landing. Might try and deal with that later.

Oh and Pigpen I know you are not really the huggy type but you sound like you need one. You are a good parent and definitely not dysfunctional. Dont let anyone make you think otherwise.

Got to go!!
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Morning all
    Well done narco, brilliant achievement
    Virtual from a distance hugs and supporting vibes for you pigpen
    Dusty I hope your mum is settling down and is starting to feel a bit more comfortable and confident at home. Hugs and support to you.
    Hugs good wishes and posi vibes to all who need/want them.
    Texted sister yesterday had a text convo as we've not been in contact for a while.
    DD3 popped round and loved the bootees, so I'm now knitting mittens to go with them.
    Did a perm hat for the local hospital while watching the dvd that will go in the give away pile, it wasn't great but not a total waste of 2 hours.

Need to declutter the boys now
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • boddy
    boddy Posts: 3,326 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning everyone

Just the dailies yesterday. Then when I got home had to rush the ginger ninja to the vets. Poor thing has cystitis. Have managed to get the meds into him. He is also overweight so have to sort that.

Today I should get the dailies done and a bit off the list. DD coming for lunch then it's SW later.

Dusty Hugs.
    Narco Well done.
    Pigpen Thinking of you.
  • mrs-moneypenny
    Options
    Boys now packed up and decluttered, I've sewn the hat and mittens together while DS2 was having his breakfast.
    Just remembered I'm doing mils cleaning this morning then injection appt with her this afty so won't get much done here today. Also just been informed we are out of breakfast cereals (cornflakes don't count apparently as they are boring) forced to eat said boring cornflakes today but will I pick up some non nutritional rubbish cereals for tomorrow. I suppose something is better than nothing even if it is a coco pop!
    Must remember to ring my mum and post auntie card today.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Daily stuff done
    Ironing done
    Lunch made
    Kitchen cleaned

Hugs all round xx
    Breast Cancer Now 100 miles October 2022 100 / 100miles
    D- Day 80km June 2024 0/80km
    Sun, Sea
  • wendywitch
    wendywitch Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    What news do I have?
    DD2 has a new boyfriend :happyhear I haven't met him yet (have seen him) but she's met his dad and his nan :)
    We seem to have sorted the mold/damp problem in the car DD1 will be having once it's been vic checked, insured and taxed _pale_
    Ddog has been poorly so took her to the vet yesterday and decluttered £50 that I can ill afford to be told he wasn't sure what it was but have some AB anyway, oh and she's fat :cool:
    DD2 has her college interview this afternoon :undecided She wants to do catering at the college where I worked in the catering department so there may still be some people there she'll know.

Going to finish my very yukky green tea and get on . . .

Monday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Basic Flying

Sweep and mop the floor
    Clear and wipe table
    Wipe the work tops, remove all things which don't belong here
    Clean the sink, drainer and taps
    Deep Cleaning
    Now give the drain a really good clean - who uses what?
    Decluttering
    Do you have any pet pest control you may need for when the bugs awaken?

Tuesday - Hall, Stairs, Landing and study/Family Room or similar
    Basic Flying

Clear the floors and hoover them
    Dust any fluffy surfaces
    Deep Cleaning
    Remove any marks from the walls/paintwork - the magic erasers work well
    Decluttering
    Sort out a stationery or desk drawer - do you need all those rubber bands and envelopes

Wednesday - Bathroom and airing cupboard
    Basic Flying

Clean toilet, sink, shower/bath
    Clean mirrors
    Wipe any dusty surfaces/window ledges
    Deep Cleaning
    Give the tiles a good wash and shine
    Hoover out inside your airing cupboard and wipe anything that is dusty
    Clean your grouting
    Decluttering
    Sort out the airing cupboard rehoming anything you had forgotten was in there
    Declutter one of your 'products' onto your body/face/hands as appropriate and have HH me time
    Another HH on paperwork, lots of people don't have council tax or water bills to pay this month (usually 10/12 payments). Can you save any of this extra cash, pay off a bill etc.

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm afraid I'm not coping with life much better this morning than I was last night.

DD1's OH is upset at the prospect of me not playing WoW with him any more lol.. it isn't like we trot around as a furry couple, we rarely do anything but chat rubbish.. My OH doesn't appear to give 2 hoots.

sample in to drs, Squeaks medicine dropped at school, phone on charge, fish tank packaged ready to post; best stick an address on it tbh.. they said they'd email one through and I've not got it.

L/woods paid in full last night.. need to sort my log in which it won't let me do at the moment making payments difficult.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • bossymoo
    bossymoo Posts: 6,924 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning!

Great news narc0 you must be so relieved!

Aww pigpen I will hug you even though you hate it xxx we are here for you, as and when. It's good to take a break sometimes. Try not to let the mediation thing get too under your skin, it's not going to change anything "this too will pass" xxx

Mrs MP I like the idea of a perm hat :D my hair is neither straight nor curly, so I could use one of these ;):p

I am actually working at the mo (honest) but I've got s few bits done before the school run:
    Put a big wash on
    Made my bed
    Tidied LR and straightened throws etc
    Tidied kitchen and put breakfast things in DW
    Put bins away
    Opened gate for window cleaner

Words have been had with nursery teacher - "have you done any reading with DD this week?" "No we haven't, she's been wanting to do role play and making up games for us" <me thinks who is the teacher here> "oh well if you get 5 mins this morning can you get her a book and sit with her please, I think you will be surprised, I look forward to hearing what we will do with her next". Lol. I think she took it the right way. I'll be interested to see what comes of it.

Right. Paid stuff beckons! And I'll sweep the LR rug on my tea break ;)
    Bossymoo

Away with the fairies :beer:
  • System
    System Posts: 178,104 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 25 February 2015 at 5:49PM
    Options
    [/strike]Morning all,

(((hugs Pigpen))). Hope your feeling stronger soon. Till then we are here to hold your virtual hand.

Jobs for me today:

[strike]Vacuum upstairs
    Vacuum stairs
    Vacuum downstairs
    Vacuum tumble dryer[/strike]
    [strike]Steam clean hard floors
    Steam clean bathroom[/strike]
    [strike]De cobweb house
    Steam clean cooker
    Sort out rubbish (bin day tomorrow)
    Empty and quick wipe vacuum cleaners[/strike]
    [strike]Sanitise kitchen bin