3K replies 297.1K views

Replies

• edited 31 July at 6:59PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 July at 6:59PM
    Bless you MF, I am packing only pyjamas and some walking clothes. After posting on Irene's thread I have decided to spend only on essentials this month as I have wasted plenty of money. I'm hoping the savings will bulk up my Christmas Fund which is pretty negligible right now.  I have saved £250, made the usual OP on mortgage. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    SW I am so glad you are going to spend some time with your family where you can relax & be looked after. Have a wonderful time 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • edited 31 July at 8:05PM
    savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 July at 8:05PM
    Bless you, to be honest i am panicking I will have too much work to do when i get back, i am taking some with me and will try to have a break. I am finding insurance for the end of next month the lowest is £156! OMG. 
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is that home insurance ? What cover are you including ? Building & contents ? (accidental damage/ cover away from home etc ? ). 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £1000 / £1000
  • IrenadlerIrenadler Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hope you don't panic, SW, (I know what that's like...); awful taking work away with you, please make sure you have some relaxation too... :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'
    Emergency fund = £67.59
    Stash cash= £9.16
    Savings: £0
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will, I am only doing one of my subjects next week. I'm doing the minimum that I can.  I painted the entrance to my garden today on one side, the weather is glorious and I will do the other side when I return. My parents arrived safely and we are leaving tomorrow. I am hoping to have two walks a day for a week and hope that I will lose some weight as I feel like a blob with not going out after lockdown. 
  • IrenadlerIrenadler Forumite
    338 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Hi 'Swan'
    Aw, not a blob, 'svelte-like' remember! Have a great time.... :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'
    Emergency fund = £67.59
    Stash cash= £9.16
    Savings: £0
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    6.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you used comparison sites for your home insurance?

Have a wonderful holiday 🤗
  • ginnyknitginnyknit Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hope you are having a great time and enjoying the change of scenery.
    Clearing the junk to travel light
    Saving every single penny.
    I will get my caravan
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    15.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello I got back yesterday and did plenty of gardening as I had been away for so long. lol. It was lovely to see people. I had forgotten how strange it is to be around others!!! Anyway we all had a great time. I started walking and realise that I love it!!! . On the positives though every time as I did walking it was free. I tried to buy gifts for parents and brother refused to let me and paid instead so I have come back with my spending money. We have had light rain today. Today I was a bit down as I realise I go back to work this week so I shall make the most of the next few days.