The Happiness Fund.

Comments

• Irenadler
    Irenadler Posts: 884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I agree with what they said! :) Weather is getting very unsettled, rainy, then hot and sunny, then cloudy, then rainy. Weirdest July weather I can remember, so, a good excuse to take a break from the fence painting.... 
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

Dog's 'Pot o' Gold' = £23.85
    Household maintenance = 0
    Prolific Academic = £41.64
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello I am back, I came last night but was shattered from all the work we have put in. All is well I helped out and enjoyed helping the mum who is now out of hospital. I have a acquired a microwave!  I have spent £40 whilst I was gone but it was an emergency. This leaves me short on my credit card so I am going to try to sell some bits if I can.  I painted my fence at the front of the house today and also set up the new microwave. The weather is gorgeous and some how my tomatoes have not died. lol. Im going to catch up on the threads now. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Skint_yet_Again Posts: 7,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad you are back SW 🤗 Good to hear you were able to help out I bet they really appreciated it. 

Sorry to hear you are short on your credit card hope you can get some good sales and make it back 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Welcome back and your assistance would have been appreciated.
    New microwave sounds good!
    Hope you can find the CC money, look down the back of the sofa, any jackets / coats / bags / purses you haven't used for a while might be hiding some cash 😊
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Irenadler
    Hey SW
    Ooh, new microwave, you will be able to branch out with cooking... my top tip, think if you have tucked any thing away 'in a safe place for emergencies' and then forgotten you had it!  :)
    "...when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains however improbable, must be the truth..."
    "Mastering a low budget lifestyle now, means you are set for life" quote by 'Miss Babs'

• savingwannabe
    edited 30 July 2020 at 8:11PM
    Hi I found my winter SAD lamp in a box, a floor cleaner thing in a box and a handbag I bought a few months ago. Im going to post all of them tomorrow. It is forecasted to be very warm 28 degrees plus so I don't think I will be painting but I might have a go first thing. I get paid tomorrow. Hurrah so happy. 
  • Hurrah for payday SW. Good news that you found stuff to sell. Try not to do too much in the heat tomorrow, it’s going to be hot in the morning as well as later in the day 🥵 
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Irenadler
    Hey Saving
    Great finds! Hope you find some 'emergency cash' too! Will definitely be hiding from the heat today, and trying to persuade the dog that she doesn't want to go out at her normal walk time, unfortunately she will keep barking in my face until I give in.....  :D

• savingwannabe
    My father rang he is coming tomorrow to collect me so I can spend time back home with the family. I know I am planning to do some walking so that will be good. I will do my selling when I get back to make the money up. We have been paid at last hurrah. Wonderful. 
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,910 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Have fun with the walking, fresh air will do you a load of good, as will being with family.
    The selling can wait due to getting paid and being away.

Look forward to hearing your adventures upon your return 😊
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback