The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Well done on making money out of your clutter SW :T

I am too lazy and stuffed all mine in a doorstep charity collection bag :p but at least it’s gone!
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 12 January 2020 at 10:33AM
    Options
    On Saturday I had a lazy day at home. My foot is less swollen and the bruising is calming down now but it still hurts so I am going to avoid going out. I stupidly put in a bid for a bag that I didn't need on fleabay luckily the seller didn't accept my offer. I must only buy essentials if I wish to have a No Spend Month.

I did some bargain shopping for £12 for two presents for next year on the internet.

Today it is bright and cheery outside, I am planning to mark and have a roast to cook.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Phew lucky about the fleabay seller refusing your offer SW !

Glad your foot is feeling better. Well done on bargain shopping :T
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • savingwannabe
    edited 12 January 2020 at 6:42PM
    Options
    I know I am sooo grateful. I was up in the night from 2-4.30 so I slept in today and now I am going to do some marking and lesson planning. Most of it is done

I am making a roast and have just spent £1.37 on bread and bananas for tomorrow. I'm still finishing food in the fridge. I will get some other food this week.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Hurrah today was a NSD. It is raining like crazy outside. Still I suppose that is better than snow.

Tomorrow I will be at work unpaid doing admin, I am hoping to be home by the afternoon though.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Yay to NSD, boo to unpaid admin though! Is it only Monday night, someone tell me please that it's nearly Friday.......it's been a long day!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 14 January 2020 at 7:07PM
    Options
    I worked all day from 9-5.45 at work unpaid. I had too as otherwise a student project would have failed. To reward myself I bought a drink and some crisps which made me feel :j:beer::j:beer: but really considering I am on a spending freeze I should have felt:eek::eek::eek:

OMG OMG my credit card bill for December-January is £11!!!! How amazing is that????
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    That's an amazingly low credit card bill SW well done :T

Little treats like crisps can be covered by your fun fund. Its the bigger treats like handbags that soon add up to big bills ;) :rotfl:

Living off savings diary
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! I don't think I've ever only spent £11 on my credit card in a month........I do try and pay it off throughout the month so that the bill is quite small at the end and less of a shock, but some months are much tighter than others! That's brilliant going :)

I see your crisps and I raise you a packet of Jaffa cakes!!
  • savingwannabe
    edited 14 January 2020 at 9:41PM
    Options
    Hello my darlings, yes that's a good way to think about it Skinty. It is still only a small spend and on food. Kitty Jaffa cakes??? I can't trust myself with those. They are so moreish!

Oh yes this is the lowest credit card bill I have ever had in my life, my previous record was £60.

I did look again at bags on the internet and I have managed to talk myself out of them. I might have some extra savings at the end of the month if I keep going on like this.

I cannot believe how decluttered my house is now. I have some pictures to give to charity and the garage to sort in the spring but otherwise I am pretty well done.

I might start to revisit areas and see if there is anything else I can get rid of. It is such a nice feeling. The house is so easy and quick to clean now.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure