The Happiness Fund.

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Happy new year, savingwannabe.

Hope you're feeling better and had a nice day yesterday.

bln x
  • VintageHistorian
    Options
    Happy New Year SW!
    "You won't bloom until you're planted" - Graffiti spotted in Newcastle.

Always try to be nice, but never fail to be kind - Doctor Who

Total overpayments in 2021 - £901.28!
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 January 2020 at 7:55PM
    Options
    Hello BIF I went out with friend and we went to the shops. Luckily most things have already been sold so I didn't see much to buy. Every time we went into a shop I though omg I already have one of those lol so this minimalizing thing is working.

I decided not to buy the coasters from social media as I already have some and they are not really a bargain as they are the same price on the internet. I love being sensible.

Today I am going to do some simple marking in bed with the telly on. lol. I am also going to take down Henri, if I have time I will also wrap some late Christmas presents for friends later in the week. Everyone have a good day.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    OMG hello VH. Happy New Year to you and your husband. Hope you had a good night.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 2 January 2020 at 9:35PM
    Options
    Ok it is day two. I keep seeing cheap lovely things on social media sites and it is soooo hard. I can't believe how much time I spend browsing things on the internet. If I spent this working I would be finished by now. lol.

I have just switched my utility contract and I have also decluttered two lots of admin :D My house is so clear and I love it. :) Onwards and upwards with 2020.

I started surveys for the summer hols last year and forget about them as I wasn't seeing any results. They just sent me a reminder and I logged on. I have £10 of Marks and Spencer vouchers. Hurrah.

I haven't done any marking today. I slept for ages and chilled out. Plenty to do tomorrow.
  • savingwannabe
    edited 3 January 2020 at 4:31PM
    Options
    medical appointment moved to later this month so today is a NSD. No work done yet. Looking at facebook everyone at work feels the same.
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    I started my marking again last night and will do another 3 hours today and then most of its done but I am leaving it till later. I had a fall as I was putting the bins out. Serves me right for doing it with a low blood sugar. What a plonker. I'm covered in plasters on my foot, legs and on my hands. lol. Maybe I will start a new fashion.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    Oooh, you poor thing, that sounds nasty if you've had to put plasters on that many places! Marking can wait! (Well, that's what I'm telling myself too ;) )

Hope you have some arnica in the house, I find it really helps - I bruise like a peach and try to rub some gel on as soon as possible when I fall or bang into a table/door (I'm always doing that at school!)
  • savingwannabe
    Options
    Lol me too. I am going to ignore the pain. Mind over matter. I have 3 hours of marking. I will try to do it in bed. Mind over matter.....lol
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    I hope you are feeling better SW. x
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback