Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tend to be on separate suppliers for best deals in recent years .
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,582 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 26 April 2021 at 2:16PM
    Options
    JJ_Egan said:
    I took the view that prices will rise , even though they may dip over the summer .
    Signed up to Zog two year fix as it was only £30 a year more expensive .
    Martin was very adamant that prices would rise so fixing now was the way to go and for the big 4 or 6 , they are (or did) rise - but I was surprised at the relative small difference between the 1 and 2 year fix for Zog.
    Surely even if the wholesale gas price even falls, the suppliers never seem to cut prices for us, certainly for existing customers. Has that even happened? I dont think so.
  • norvic
    norvic Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    molerat said:

All Zog tariffs apart from Juniper have a £30 exit fee.

According to the CEC list the Zog Saturn 12 tariff quotes a zero penalty for switching away early - which seems logical to me for, if it were not so, why would anyone choose this tariff over the cheaper Mercury 12?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,992 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    norvic said:
    molerat said:

All Zog tariffs apart from Juniper have a £30 exit fee.

According to the CEC list the Zog Saturn 12 tariff quotes a zero penalty for switching away early - which seems logical to me for, if it were not so, why would anyone choose this tariff over the cheaper Mercury 12?
    Sorry, you are correct.  One of the other comparison sites has it wrong !

• darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 August 2021 at 7:22PM
    Options
    Hi, I just got my tariff ending soon email from Zog. Currently on Mercury 12 v39, due to end mid October.
    Unit rate2.3414p per kWh
    Standing Charge16.80p per day
    Previous years usage = 6076 kWh, this years will be similar.

I'm just checking what tariff other people are going to go for, or switching elsewhere?

• Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    darkovo said:
    Hi, I just got my tariff ending soon email from Zog. Currently on Mercury 12 v39, due to end mid October.
    Unit rate2.3414p per kWh

I'm just checking what tariff other people are going to go for, or switching elsewhere?
    Unfortunately that's a fairly meaningless question because it depends on the annual kWh usage and the rates vary geographically.
    Is your piece of string longer than mine?
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    darkovo said:
    Unit rate2.3414p per kWh

Unfortunately that's a fairly meaningless question because it depends on the annual kWh usage and the rates vary geographically.
    Is your piece of string longer than mine?

Sorry, previous years usage = 6076 kWh, this years will be similar.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've just switched to Zog, but my consumption is more than four times yours.
    Just bung your usage figure into the Citizens Advice and 'Which? Switch' sites and see what comes up.  But make sure you polish your crystal ball first...
  • BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    darkovo said:

I stuck with Mercury 12 months but was very nearly tempted to go for the 24. How good is your crystal ball for gas prices over the next few years?
  • spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 819 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The fact that there isn't a huge difference between the 12 and 24 month tariffs at present would suggest that they think prices are not going to be sharply higher in a year's time than they are now. It isn't often the case that a meteoric rise is followed by another meteoric rise - you're more likely to see a period of consolidation and quite possibly a decline. However that's no more than my guess and yours might be just as good or better.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback