Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options
1343536373840»

Comments

• spot1034
    spot1034 Posts: 816 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I noticed that my account had reached the 'Woohoo' stage this morning and had no difficulty setting up a direct debit. I expect to get an email confirming it in due course, but it is showing on my account. I also gave them another meter reading. 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    thelight said:
    Has anyone managed to set their Direct Debit up with EDF? My account is showing the status of 'Woohoo – we're now powering your home! Welcome to EDF' but when I try to change payment method I get:

Sorry, your payment method change has failed

Oops! Something's gone wrong

Join the club. My issue apparently was that as I have a smart meter EDF cannot assess my past usage. CS went very quiet when I called their bluff. The supplier can pull up to 13 months of data from a smart meter, and it gets past usage history through the switching process: there is I believe a single data collector for gas. I have given up playing these games and initiated a switch to Octopus. Octopus bills monthly and has a lower unit and standing charge. How many suppliers these days bill on a half yearly basis? Even the old Gas Boards managed to bill once every three months. EDF appears to be a supplier of a bygone era.
  • DiseasedBunny
    DiseasedBunny Posts: 318 Forumite
    edited 25 October 2023 at 9:41PM
    Options
    thelight said:
    Has anyone managed to set their Direct Debit up with EDF? My account is showing the status of 'Woohoo – we're now powering your home! Welcome to EDF' but when I try to change payment method I get:

Join the club. My issue apparently was that as I have a smart meter EDF cannot assess my past usage. CS went very quiet when I called their bluff. The supplier can pull up to 13 months of data from a smart meter, and it gets past usage history through the switching process: there is I believe a single data collector for gas. I have given up playing these games and initiated a switch to Octopus. Octopus bills monthly and has a lower unit and standing charge. How many suppliers these days bill on a half yearly basis? Even the old Gas Boards managed to bill once every three months. EDF appears to be a supplier of a bygone era.
    How easy is it to switch ? I’m thinking of moving the gas to BG, as I was put with them for electricity. I’m guessing as a customer it shouldn’t be an issue but wasn’t sure if I should wait for my refund from zog first
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,510 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    thelight said:

How easy is it to switch ? I’m thinking of moving the gas to BG, as I was put with them for electricity. I’m guessing as a customer it shouldn’t be an issue but wasn’t sure if I should wait for my refund from zog first
    The main issue I can see, is "persuading" the supplier you want to switch to , to put you on the capped SVR - it'll be interesting to see if BG comply.
  • Shedman
    Shedman Posts: 1,499 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 31 December 2021 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Dolor said:
    thelight said:

The main issue I can see, is "persuading" the supplier you want to switch to , to put you on the capped SVR - it'll be interesting to see if BG comply.
    Well there certainly doesn't seem to be an option online with BG to do that as I've tried...just gives you ridiculous Fixed Rates.  

On the flip side EDF will add Electric at SVR tariff if you click the Dual Tariff tab on the web portal (although of course this would likely mean the Electric will go up in April whereas we are hopeful BG are holding the tariff until end of July..although unclear)
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,510 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Shedman said:
    Dolor said:
    thelight said:

Well there certainly doesn't seem to be an option online with BG to do that as I've tried...just gives you ridiculous Fixed Rates.  

On the flip side EDF will add Electric at SVR tariff if you click the Dual Tariff tab on the web portal (although of course this would likely mean the Electric will go up in April whereas we are hopeful BG are holding the tariff until end of July..although unclear)
    Problem for me is that I don't want to be with either supplier ! Had issues with both in the past.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,937 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 31 December 2021 at 2:49PM
    Options
    thelight said:
    Has anyone managed to set their Direct Debit up with EDF?
    Yes and no.  Eventually the website let me enter my DD details and eventually the website showed the bank info.  But my first bill was charged at cash / cheque rates.  After an exceedingly slow chat I managed to get the bill updated and switched to Direct Debit Whole Amount (Monthly) but only from that point onwards, the initial period still remains overcharged.  The DD only showed up in online banking today.
    The EDF website promises that they will backdate the DD rates to the start of the contract, so I'll keep a very close watch.
    EDF seem pretty unimpressive, vary hard to contact by any method and their glacially slow and cumbersome procedures seem to involve ledgers and quill pens.
    Update:
    Just received the generic EDF email update for former Zog customers.  It says 'Don’t forget we started supplying your energy on 4 December' which is the correct date set my Ofgem, but my bill and online account both say it's 15 December.  It would have been helpful if they'd cleared this up but there's no mention or explanation of this contradiction.

Similarly, EDF state 'You don’t have a Direct Debit with EDF yet, so you’ll pay for your energy when you get your bill' which is another load of tosh because my bill and online banking both confirm that a DD has been set up.

It might be understandable that bulk email updates can't be individually customised and therefore have to be generic, but in which case why mislead and confuse customers by giving wrong information and pretending that they're customised?  Numpties !
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    Options
    thelight said:

I am an existing Octopus electricity customer which might have helped. My call was answered very quickly and the switch details appeared in my online account immediately. I may be leaving a trail of chaos behind me but my credit balance with Zog is less than £10 and losing that would be worth it to get away from a supplier whose IT systems are in urgent of change. I was an EDF customer when they brought in their present IT system some years ago: it was not a pleasant experience! Hopefully, the introduction of Kraken with Octopus’ help will go a lot more smoothly.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback