Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Umiamz said:
    So it appears we'll be moved to EDF from today. They were terrible last time I was with them around 10 years ago - let's hope they've improved.
    It was EDF that I left in September to join Zog :D  I had no problems with EDF (joined them as SoLR from GNE) although their 6-monthly billing cycle was a bit off-putting. I'd much rather have monthly ones, it only needs them to create a .pdf on my account.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • QrizB
    edited 3 December 2021 at 4:17PM
    Options
    EDF's tariff is (will be) "Welcome Variable", which for me in Southern region is showing here as 4.169p/kWh and 26.12p/day, including VAT. Right in line with the Ofgem cap.
    For me, that's an extra £105/yr, but I'm not complaining.
    N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
  • Robin9
    Robin9 Posts: 12,130 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So its Edf for dual fuel for me now.

I do hope lessons were learnt from the shambolic GNE transfer.
    Never pay on an estimated bill
  • Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Umiamz said:
    So it appears we'll be moved to EDF from today. They were terrible last time I was with them around 10 years ago - let's hope they've improved.
    It was EDF that I left in September to join Zog :D  I had no problems with EDF (joined them as SoLR from GNE) although their 6-monthly billing cycle was a bit off-putting. I'd much rather have monthly ones, it only needs them to create a .pdf on my account.
    6-monthly? As in they only create a bill every 6 months? I don't suppose it matters because I'll hopefully be switching come next April.
  • ChaunceyGardiner
    Options
    EDF's tariff is (will be) "Welcome Variable", which for me in Southern region is showing here as 4.169p/kWh and 26.12p/day, including VAT. Right in line with the Ofgem cap.
    Where do you find the tariff rates, or do you have to enter your details and get a quote?
  • Umiamz
    Umiamz Posts: 593 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Where do you find the tariff rates, or do you have to enter your details and get a quote?
    Using the link that he gave.
  • QrizB
    Options
    Umiamz said:
    Yes, this link (cunningly hidden under the word "here"):
    https://my.edfenergy.com/gas-electricity/tariff-information-labels
  • Norman_Castle
    Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2021 at 4:53PM
    Options
    Umiamz said:

I left them years ago because of the annual over inflated DD rise. Every year I had to call them to explain how to divide annual consumption by 12. The calculations didn't involve unnecessarily overpaying then spreading the repayment of my money over the following year.
  • ChaunceyGardiner
    Options
    QrizB said:
    Umiamz said:
    Yes, this link (cunningly hidden under the word "here"):
    https://my.edfenergy.com/gas-electricity/tariff-information-labels
    Thanks, didn't notice the blue text.
  • booshya
    booshya Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 3 December 2021 at 8:35PM
    Options
    QrizB said:
    I suggest you prepare yourself to pay the following rates, at least initially until EDF sets up your account properly - could take a couple of months what with Christmas.

4.390p/kWh and 30.78p/day, including VAT

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure