Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Options

Comments

• Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,579 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rags58 said:

I was invited to renew in Sept and given a link to their fixed rate tariffs with the option to choose and renew. I received confirmation of my chosen tariff the same day.

"Thank you for choosing Zog Energy. Your renewal is now complete and you can look forward to another 12 months of great value energy."

Your tariff information
    About your gas tariff
    SupplierZog Energy Limited
    Tariff nameMercury 12 v39
    Tariff typeFixed
    Payment MethodMonthly Direct Debit
    Unit rate2.4128p per kWh
    Standing Charge16.80p per day
    Hopefully by tomorrow. It's also that for the original tariff search it's also placed my NE London postcode rather surprisingly in the East of England area, rather than South East or London area.
  • alkip
    alkip Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So far so good, I switched my 84 year old mum to them last week and communications that she's had with them so far; confirmation and an update email today have been superb.

Reading the comments here I'm confident things will go smoothly with Zog although her existing supplier; SSE who have provided nothing short of shockingly bad customer service since their take over will, I feel sure, do anything to slam a spoke in the wheel.

We need more like Zog.
    Live long and prosper
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,511 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Joined Zog on 20th Feb. Expected a request for meter readings ~ 20th March but have actually been sent a statement for the first 8 days based on estimated reading on 28th Feb. Had a good look around their website and the joining info. but can't see anything about providing meter readings on the last day of the month. Is this the norm for Zog ??
  • ASavvyBuyer
    ASavvyBuyer Posts: 1,737 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 March 2021 at 11:57AM
    Options
    Joined Zog on 20th Feb. Expected a request for meter readings ~ 20th March but have actually been sent a statement for the first 8 days based on estimated reading on 28th Feb. Had a good look around their website and the joining info. but can't see anything about providing meter readings on the last day of the month. Is this the norm for Zog ??
    Yes, been with Zog for years and have (nearly) * always provided a meter reading on the last day of the month. With the statement produced about 8-11 days later.
    * The times I have missed the last day or provided it too early, by not being at home that day, they have used an estimate. However, the estimate is usually very close to the actual reading.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,932 Forumite
    Options

That's normal.  The billing system works on a calendar month basis (and not a "whenever we feel like it" basis you might have seen elsewhere).  It does mean you are strongly suggested to feed the meter readings in monthly so the next statement that arrives the following month is accurate.  You can of course give them meter readings as often as you like through the website.
  • chaoszone
    chaoszone Posts: 53 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 11 April 2021 at 3:55PM
    Options
    I've been with them for 11 Months now and found them very fair keeping me up to date on whether they could offer cheaper deals. I've just received an email as a reminder that my contract is coming to an end soon and it would automatically go on to a variable contract if I didn't do anything. If I took the time now I have been given a choice of renewing to a new contract which would then start when the current contract ends or changing supplier with no exit fee rather than be automatically switched to a variable tariff which I feel is very open and transparent. The algorithm still brings it up as one of the cheapest to within a few pounds per annum and it just takes a click of a button to select the new contract to start on renewal date. Based on that I would recommend to other customers.
  • Patr100
    Options

That's normal.  The billing system works on a calendar month basis (and not a "whenever we feel like it" basis you might have seen elsewhere).  It does mean you are strongly suggested to feed the meter readings in monthly so the next statement that arrives the following month is accurate.  You can of course give them meter readings as often as you like through the website.
    So what date each month is the best to submit a reading in order to get a bill based on that reading and not an estimate?
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Patr100 said:

So what date each month is the best to submit a reading in order to get a bill based on that reading and not an estimate?
    I have always given Zog my reading on the last day of the month and i have never had an estimated bill from them just a bill for what i have used for that month.
  • Patr100
    Options
    Boohoo said:
    Patr100 said:

I have always given Zog my reading on the last day of the month and i have never had an estimated bill from them just a bill for what i have used for that month.
    Looking at my first bill, they  have made an estimate reading on the last day of the month, with the statement produced shortly after so that looks the same for me .
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,932 Forumite
    Options
    Patr100 said:

Well as the billing system works on a calendar monthly basis the obvious answer is "the last day of the month", so either the 30th or 31st (or 28th :)) as appropriate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback