Cheapest Home Phones Discussion

in Phones & TV
276 replies 49.2K views

Replies

• HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vantheman wrote: »
    Anyone checked out Orange telephone/broadband bundle? any thoughts would be appreciated?

Van
    Line rental is only included on the Home Max package.

http://www.orange.co.uk/time/compareall.htm
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • What is a livebox? and is the Orange deal comparative with other low cost bundles?
  • I currently pay line rental to BT but get my landline phones and broadband from another provider who is now offering free line rental. If I switch from BT who will look after line faults, etc.? Are there disdavantages from switching to free line rental?
  • lauradoralauradora Forumite
    1.4K Posts
    Hi there everyone. ;)

I am currently on BT for my phone and getting broadband free through orange.

I apologise if this question is answered somewhere else but is there any way pf reducing that BT bill???:money:

Still in debt but happy :cool:
    DFW nerd no 844

:D
  • I'm on BT option 1 and have used 1899 and 18185 but am completely fed up with my phone calls sounding like I'm talking to Australia, ie 2 second delays and terrible sound. I've researched Talk Talk but am put off by the experiences of people on here, also I want a package that includes daytime calls and it seems that the Talk Talk one is only 50p cheaper than BT. Whilst I sympathise with the frustration of some of the problems people describe on here I have to admit I've never had any trouble at all with BT and at least I can have a normal conversation with the person I'm calling, which is worth a few pence to me! Similarly we've had no problems at all with our wireless broadband with orange (wanadoo as was) at 18.99 a month - it has been extremely reliable. I find it really hard to decide whether to risk worse connection etc even though the thought of saving a few pounds is extremely tempting! I couldn't bear not to be connected to the phone or internet in case of any problems so am planning to stay put unless some wonderful and very reliable offer turns up (unless anyone knows of any already available)!

also keen on idea cable tv but don't want Virgin media phone rates! Also also we're in a rented house at the moment so don't want to pay expensive installation charges for any facilities in case we move in the next year or so...
  • hogweedhogweed Forumite
    118 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    I’m on Virgin cable (NOT recommended for customer service), and use Onetel for my calls (something like £4 a month for unlimited UK evening & weekend, which is all I do). Could I do better?

Thanks
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have a cable landline but you CPS your calls? AFAIAA, that's not possible (you can only CPS your calls with a BT landline).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
    118 Posts
    Heinz wrote: »
    You have a cable landline but you CPS your calls? AFAIAA, that's not possible (you can only CPS your calls with a BT landline).

Sorry, not well up on the terminology, so don't know what a CPS is... but I pay Virgin (spit) something like £11 for phone line rental, which gives me calls at a certain rate, but I have a Onetel autodialer on the line, and all calls go through them. Been doing it for 6 years, and I can promise you no calls have ever appeared on my Virgin bill!
  • Is there any sites I can use occasionally to find a telephone number, when I know the name and address ,for free
    118 Posts
    Is there any sites I can use occasionally to find a telephone number, when I know the name and address ,for free

https://www.bt.com!!! :D
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

NS&I to change Premium Bond prize rate

It will rise to 1.40% from June

MSE News

Compers of the MSE Forum:

Show us the prizes you've won recently

Join the MSE Forum discussion