Cheapest Home Phones Discussion

in Phones & TV
276 replies 49.2K views
1222324252628»

Replies

• HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amrad wrote: »
    BT are offering free UK evening and weekend calls as long as you sign a 12 month contract - is this the equivalent of Primus saver?
    It's quite close - giving inclusive UK 01/02/03 calls of up to 60 minutes each (except to the Channel Islands) as opposed to Primus's 90 minutes.

However, with Primus you can get Penny Mobile 2 - calls of up to 20 minutes to any UK mobile at any time for a flat rate of 20p.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • amradamrad Forumite
    127 Posts
    Heinz wrote: »
    It's quite close - giving inclusive UK 01/02/03 calls of up to 60 minutes each (except to the Channel Islands) as opposed to Primus's 90 minutes.

However, with Primus you can get Penny Mobile 2 - calls of up to 20 minutes to any UK mobile at any time for a flat rate of 20p.

This sounds great but I can't find any details of Penny Mobile 2 on their website - can someone direct me? Thanks
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amrad wrote: »
    This sounds great but I can't find any details of Penny Mobile 2 on their website - can someone direct me? Thanks
    It's not there. PM me an email address and I'll send you a pdf explaining Penny Mobile 2.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Heinz wrote: »
    It's not there. PM me an email address and I'll send you a pdf explaining Penny Mobile 2.

Hope you don`t mind, I`ve Pm`d my e-mail for that pdf, want to be armed with all the details when I ring them.
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rcaudwell wrote: »
    Hope you don`t mind, I`ve Pm`d my e-mail for that pdf, want to be armed with all the details when I ring them.
    email on the way - interestingly, although amrad thanked me, he hasn't PM'd me yet.
  • Former_MSE_ArchnaFormer_MSE_Archna Former MSE
    1.9K Posts
    MSE Staff
    This discussion is now closed. Click here for the new discussion
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides